Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Daddy Herbstreit
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 2,840

Daddy Herbstreit

Feb 8, 2019, 8:18 AM

Any thoughts on if ESPN will change anything with Herbie now that his kids are at Clemson? I've already seen comments from other teams' fans like, "of course they love Clemson, Herbstreit's kids go there!" and such.

I'm thinking there won't be any changes. After all, he AND his dad played for Ohio St and there's been no problems with him calling or picking those game.

You think it would be any different if his boys were 5-stars that would be seeing significant playing time and/or starting eventually? As it stands, he's pretty unlikely to be calling his own kids' numbers - at least for 2019 season. But if they were closer to being starter material, and they'd be seeing significant playing time, I wonder if it would be any different....

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Daddy Herbstreit

Feb 8, 2019, 8:20 AM

He is very professional and will do his job. Wish some others there would instead of promoting some agenda (social, player over hype, etc)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 8, 2019, 9:24 AM

Agreed 100 pct..^^^^^^^^^

The Herbstreit family is now a Clemson family.
As such, the boys should be treated with the same respect as any other player, whether a 5 star or a walk-on.
I like Kirk. He's one of my favorites. But if there are those who don't, remember that his sons deserve
respect and support from Clemson fans.
And you never know what an individual may be able to accomplish and contribute until he's been coached, developed, and earned his opportunity to shine.

Go Tigers!

this***

Feb 8, 2019, 9:31 AM [ in reply to Re: Daddy Herbstreit ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Feb 8, 2019, 9:39 AM

It won't change his duties because Herbie only calls the 8:00 ABC games.

Everybody knows that we only play at noon.

I just hope we don't act like a bunch of OSwho fans when

Feb 8, 2019, 10:15 AM

he doesn't pick us to win every game. Errybody chill...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I just hope we don't act like a bunch of OSwho fans when

Feb 8, 2019, 10:35 AM

they supposedly moved to Nashville from Columbus because of what the flack he was always getting from Buckeye fans everytime he was 100 percent over the top about them.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clearly we will always get the prime time game so he doesn't

Feb 8, 2019, 10:18 AM

have to choose between watching his kids play and calling the game.

But really I don't think it will even be a noticeable blip. I do think it says something about the state of the two programs and the folks running them though.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 8, 2019, 10:28 AM

Is this a serious question? Every ESPN announcer has ties to one or more schools. Perhaps ESPN should hire European Futbol announcers so they don’t have ties to any university

I don't think ESPN will make any changes due to this. I also

Feb 8, 2019, 12:14 PM

think Dabo will make every effort to get Herbie's boys a little playing time in any game of ours that he is broadcasting. Nothing at all wrong with being a proud papa, no matter what your job is.

(Unless you are a Catholic priest, then, that might present a problem for you.)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 8, 2019, 1:47 PM

I dont think it'll be a problem. As long as we get Gameday no more than 4 or 5 times a year I doubt many opposing fans will see it as favoritism

Replies: 10
| visibility 2,840
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic