Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dabo, Newspring and the FFRF...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 3,590

Dabo, Newspring and the FFRF...

Apr 19, 2014, 4:27 PM

Much has been written about this issue.

I personally do not care where, or even if Dabo goes to Church.

I do like the fact he does attempt to get the guys to do right, be accountable and live to some standards.

The FFRF is meddling in an area where they have no legitimate complaint to substantiate any reason to be "going after" Clemson. No current or former player has complained to them about anything. This was proven in the Fox interview.

As for Newspring, I do find it odd that if you google Perry Noble and his Charlotte associate Steven Furtick, quite a few negative articles show up.

I have gone to 5 different Churches in my life, and I can google any pastor at any of them and you get absolutely nothing of a negative nature.

Usually where there is smoke, there is fire.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dabo, Newspring and the FFRF...

Apr 19, 2014, 5:28 PM

The reason for the negativity about Perry is due to him being a high profile Pastor. He doesn't have 100 members at a small church somewhere, he is exposed to over 100,000 people every Sunday.
Most of the negative stuff you read is largely based on other churches being upset that they are losing members to Newspring.
I have a friend who was a youth pastor at another church in Anderson, and he has told me that they had meetings atleast once a week where the sole focus of the discussion was how to stop nwespring from taking their members- and therefor their income.

Instead of trying to reach the youth by teaching them about God on their level, these other churches largely went on a rampage trying to accuse Newspring and it's founder of all kinds if things.
From what I understand Perry originally wasn't ordained when he first started preaching... Well, guess what? Who cares....? Anyone trying to reach souls for Jesus Christ is just fine with me. And yes, I do attend Newspring..
Don't knock it till you tried it. You just might find something there that you love.

^^^^ what he said !!***

Apr 19, 2014, 5:33 PM

Re: You know how some people are. They could start an

Apr 19, 2014, 5:34 PM [ in reply to Re: Dabo, Newspring and the FFRF... ]

argument in an empty house.

Apr 19, 2014, 5:34 PM [ in reply to Re: Dabo, Newspring and the FFRF... ]

That sounds about right

Checking out Newsprings Easter program

Apr 19, 2014, 5:45 PM [ in reply to Re: Dabo, Newspring and the FFRF... ]

tomorrow night to see first hand what they are teaching or not teaching..

Re: Checking out Newsprings Easter program

Apr 19, 2014, 5:57 PM

Just don't drink any cups of kool-aid you may be offered or agree to any free trips to Guyana.

Just because Newspring is large....

Apr 19, 2014, 6:15 PM

Just because Newspring is large and growing, that's why there is negativity about Noble???

I attended a very large and growing Church, and no the minister was never attacked. There was also information about where the money went.

That is something Newspring will not say, where is all this money going.

That kind of stuff will raise questions.

However, I hope that those who attend are getting what they are looking for.

And if so, that is great.

Re: Just because Newspring is large....

Apr 19, 2014, 8:17 PM

The money is going to starting new campus' across the state of South Carolina so many more thousands can be reached for Christ.

What they do is publish a financial breakdown once a year on where the money is being spent. This is provided to all that attend that service and is also available on line.

You're right,... They don't have a board of Deacons dictating how they can (or cannot) use each and every opened can of latex wall paint. And yes,they differ from every Southern Baptist Church in South Carolina in this regard.

I've never felt pressure to donate money like Newspring does

Apr 19, 2014, 11:06 PM

I really don't like how they callously try and 'measure' success by 'saved souls' (aka people who stood up during invitation period and may never have even come back) by dollars spent per 'saved soul'.

It just really feels like a ham-fisted way to justify all the money they bring in to buy another $50,000 speaker system and bigger salaries for the higher ups.

That there are churches having those conversations,

Apr 19, 2014, 11:03 PM [ in reply to Re: Dabo, Newspring and the FFRF... ]

and if so that Perry Noble would surely know about it and not try to stop it, imo represents most of what is wrong in American Christianity.

I am not saying those conversations do or dont occur (I suspect they do) but am assuming here that you are correct.

To those who say "They are telling people about Jesus" i would point out that the rise in the mega church movement coincides with the dramatic decrease in the % of the population who are believers. The mega churches do obviously have their audience, but its a product the public is not buying.

I just cant see Jesus giving away a Harley, or having a laser-light-show-band, or even thinking in patterns that would lead to those ideas. I dont know if large crowds would come hear him today or not, but yes or no he wouldnt be talking like a cross between George Carlin and Joel Osteen.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 20, 2014, 6:33 PM [ in reply to Re: Dabo, Newspring and the FFRF... ]

Here are my reasons that I would never be a member of NewSpring or Elevation type of church:

1- Noble comes across and an ###. Most of his preaching is from anger. Furtick is a narcissistic ego maniac.

2 - Lack of transparency - Where does the money go? How much are Noble/Furtick paid? It is my understanding that even the members cannot get access to the itemized budget.

3 - The pastors are just there to preach and be a figurehead. Both pastors will tell you they don't do hospital visit, home visits, funerals, and any other "relational" activities with members.

4 - Lack of depth: Both mock anyone who would like to have more theological depth. At these churches you get a good show on Sunday morning, and a small group. That's it. Maybe a Harley if you're lucky.

5 - Both churches do not allow you to bring your children with you to the worship service. No children allowed.

6 - Both churches are set up as an non-profit organization, ran by a board of outsiders (cronyism at its best). Other churches are ran by its members.

7 - If they don't like the way you were baptized at another church, they make you get baptized again. This helps them pad their "saved" numbers.

8 - Elevation is like a cult. I came across this recently, and it is kinda creepy.
http://matthewpaulturner.com/2014/02/19/this-is-what-stevenfurtick-is-teaching-the-kiddos/

just my thoughts...

Apr 22, 2014, 2:37 PM

> Here are my reasons that I would never be a member of
> NewSpring or Elevation type of church:
>
> 1- Noble comes across and an ###. Most of his
> preaching is from anger. Furtick is a narcissistic
> ego maniac.

Disagree. See how easy this is when you don't use specifics?
>
> 2 - Lack of transparency - Where does the money go?
> How much are Noble/Furtick paid? It is my
> understanding that even the members cannot get access
> to the itemized budget.

I agree this would help allay criticism. I think they should join ECFA
>
> 3 - The pastors are just there to preach and be a
> figurehead. Both pastors will tell you they don't do
> hospital visit, home visits, funerals, and any other
> "relational" activities with members.
>
Are you sure about that? There are 9 separate campus pastors, and other pastors as part of each's staff.

> 4 - Lack of depth: Both mock anyone who would like to
> have more theological depth. At these churches you
> get a good show on Sunday morning, and a small group.
> That's it. Maybe a Harley if you're lucky.
>
At this point, it is clear you are somewhat uninformed. What theological truth are they failing to convey?

> 5 - Both churches do not allow you to bring your
> children with you to the worship service. No children
> allowed.
>
It is somewhat of a pain not to get to listen to crying, talking infants/toddlers while trying to focus on a sermon. But the kids don't mind having church provided on their level.

> 6 - Both churches are set up as an non-profit
> organization, ran by a board of outsiders (cronyism
> at its best). Other churches are ran by its members.
>
>
See my response to #2.

> 7 - If they don't like the way you were baptized at
> another church, they make you get baptized again.
> This helps them pad their "saved" numbers.
>
Immersion after conversion is what they require. Just like all the other baptist churches.

> 8 - Elevation is like a cult. I came across this
> recently, and it is kinda creepy.
> http://matthewpaulturner.com/2014/02/19/this-is-what-s
> tevenfurtick-is-teaching-the-kiddos/
>
> just my thoughts...

Apr 20, 2014, 9:20 PM [ in reply to Re: Dabo, Newspring and the FFRF... ]

Perry has a good thing going. He has his own franchise. He's not content with one church. More churches, more money. It' a good business concept and it's working.

Apr 19, 2014, 6:28 PM

I find the articles about this Preacher,very
interesting.He is probably,more in line,with
Pat Robinson and Jerry Falwell..That doesn't
make him a bad Preacher.Some folks like these
kind of Preacher's but I would feel uncomfortable
in that Church..I don't think that Dabo,agree's
with everything Noble Preach's but he must like
some of his method's.I don't believe that Dabo
berate's his player's like this because,some
of them,would speak out.Even former player's
doesn't say anything negative about Dabo.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 14
| visibility 3,590
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic