Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
We really do have the best fans in cfb
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

We really do have the best fans in cfb

Jan 19, 2017, 12:34 PM

Can you ever remember a national championship team returning home to have around 10,000 fans waiting for them?
Can you remember a national championship team parade that had 30,000 people on the streets and another 70,000 in the stadium? I sure as heck don't.
And that doesn't include the 1,000s of fans that showed up last year after the loss to Bama to congratulate our team on a successful season despite losing the national championship game.
And boy do we get loud...i remember the cameras shaking when alabama got the ball after we scored to go up 28- 24. Even Chris Fowler said "It sounds like Death valley in here, very loud".
I love our fans and our program, so proud to be a tiger.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We really do have the best fans in cfb

Jan 19, 2017, 12:48 PM

:)

Consider if they would have had it a little later in the day

Jan 19, 2017, 12:50 PM

I know there was a Basketball game, but 9am made it difficult for a lot of coastal fans to make the trip.

Not complaining, I was in Boston anyway, but do wonder if they did that so there wouldn't be too many fans to handle!

Go Tigers!!!
#TheBestIsYetToCome

Re: Consider if they would have had it a little later in the day

Jan 19, 2017, 12:54 PM

Yea I would have been there to greet the team on their return, but I had to drive back from tampa, didn't get to fly. I was at least there to greet them after the Fiesta bowl.

Cubs had a million+

Jan 19, 2017, 12:51 PM

most college football teams are in small cities/towns.

The big city pro teams pull millions to their parades.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

per capita city population?

Jan 19, 2017, 12:58 PM

and more civilized

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

That's why I said cfb fans, not professional sports fans

Jan 19, 2017, 2:23 PM [ in reply to Cubs had a million+ ]

Just about every pro team is located in a big city so you would expect more fans to be at a parade. Clemson is a really small town and to gather 100000 fans for a parade is something I've never seen in cfb.

Auburn had 70,000 at theirs

Jan 19, 2017, 2:47 PM

Aside from the lack of an opponent and hundreds of students roaming around Pat Dye Field, an onlooker might have thought it was a game day at Jordan-Hare Stadium. Though no football was played, the Auburn Family cheered and chanted for the victorious team with the same enthusiasm.

Auburn University recognized the BCS National Championship team Saturday afternoon with a celebration open to the public. Fans received complementary National Championship posters as they entered the gates.

Attendance exceeded expectations as the crowd of more than 70,000 spilled into the upper decks. Students were permitted to stand on the field bearing the new National Champions logo. The scoreboard read 22-19, the final score of Auburn’s first national title in 53 years.

http://family.auburn.edu/profiles/blogs/auburn-tigers-bcs-championship

FSU only had 30,000

After Jameis Winston’s pregame speech at Clemson in October, the unofficial motto of the 2013 Florida State football season became “Do it big.”

And that’s exactly what the Seminoles did on Saturday afternoon at Doak Campbell Stadium, when an estimated 30,000 fans came out for the highly anticipated National Championship Celebration.

http://www.tallahassee.com/story/news/2014/02/01/fsu-football-championship-celebration/5136561/

I didn't go back any further. Bama has about 20K at theirs in 2016, but winning 4 in the last 7 years probably dampers the crowd some.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Auburn ain't Clemson, and never will be***

Jan 19, 2017, 2:49 PM

nm

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Yeah I should of did a little homework on the subject but still

Jan 19, 2017, 4:48 PM [ in reply to Auburn had 70,000 at theirs ]

100,000 fans for a parade in a really small town is d@mn impressive.

thank you for setting this up... all is rosy now, but

Jan 19, 2017, 12:54 PM

here's the greatest line ever written about Clemson fans (courtesy of SB Nation) for just a little fandom self-check in the middle of patting each other on the back....

"In the five seasons since the 2012 Orange Bowl, Clemson...

- beat LSU in the Chick-fil-A Bowl,
- then beat Ohio State and Oklahoma twice in the postseason (only one of the games was close),
- won the ACC twice,
- reached the national title game in 2015, and
- won it in 2016.

Progress isn’t supposed to be linear, but it has been for Clemson. Hell, progress wasn’t supposed to happen at all when the school panic-hired its best recruiter in Swinney to replace Tommy Bowden. Swinney had no coordinator experience, and only five years earlier, he was out of the coaching game altogether. "

Absolute WORST succession plan ever.

Congrats TigerNation - you were #### lucky...

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic