Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Cole Stoudt
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

Cole Stoudt

Feb 19, 2015, 8:40 AM

Just want to give a shoutout to this kid. He fought through a lot of adversity and never in front of any media, did he show any signs of withering. He was tough throughout the year even when he was hurt and playing poorly. He proved to everyone in the world of Clemson football (and beyond) that he really is a Clemson Tiger. Yes, Deshaun Watson is better but Cole managed to lose the starting job then play in place of an injured DW, and finally lead the Tigers to another 10 win season. He did it without Sammy, Nuk, Dwayne, Jaron, Martavis, Andre, Hot Rod, all pieces that people said were too much to lose and still have great success. Cheers Cole.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Cole Stoudt

Feb 19, 2015, 8:52 AM

Well said. And played through pain. After his shoulder had time to get better, Cole picked OU apart.

Feb 20, 2015, 10:12 AM

There is no doubt in my mind that Streeter was responsible for the way Cole performed against Oklahoma. Maybe if Tajh and Cole would have had a full time QB coach as Streeter through their college careers. Maybe both of them would be on an NFL team right now.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Amen***

Feb 19, 2015, 8:59 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: Cole was always a class act!!

Feb 19, 2015, 9:06 AM

Showed against OU what he was capable of doing.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

AND, Remember in HS he broke NDame's Brady Quinn's state records!

Feb 19, 2015, 9:09 AM

GoTiGERS!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hope Stoudt has a better career than Quinn, too.

Feb 20, 2015, 10:15 AM

Not a great post-college comparison....

It'll be a long time til I forget that bowl performance...

Feb 19, 2015, 9:10 AM

and an even longer time until OU forgets it...suckaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaas

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It'll be a long time til I forget that bowl performance...

Feb 19, 2015, 9:14 AM

but i thought they didnt want to be there.

Re: Cole Stoudt - Amen!

Feb 19, 2015, 9:20 AM

Started Clemson in '72 and in all my years as a Tiger, never more proud of a student - athlete than I have been for Cole Stoudt! He is what being a "Clemson Tiger" is all about, his character is undeniable. Cole will be a success in life regardless of the direction he chooses. I hope my son grows up to be like him, hats off to you Cole!

Toughness, character and integrity sets Cole apart.

Feb 19, 2015, 9:26 AM

A true Clemson Tiger that is definitely ALL-IN.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 19, 2015, 9:27 AM

Cole will always be a CLEMSON TIGER brother to us. He represented CLEMSON as well as anyone ever has.

To the great credit of many on TNet, there were well-wishes

Feb 19, 2015, 9:30 AM

and hopes for success for Cole in the bowl game.

That he led the team to a resounding victory made all those words of support a triumph not only for Clemson and Cole, but for TigerNet itself.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: To the great credit of many on TNet, there were well-wishes

Feb 20, 2015, 2:04 PM

I never posted anything on a message board about my lack of confidence in Cole, because I don't criticize players, or coaches. I don't feel like I'm qualified to do that. But brother I sure had my doubts about Cole. I cannot tell you how pleased I am; to admit how wrong I was in my opinion, of Cole's chances against Okie. Cole will be very successful in whatever path his future takes him.

Feb 19, 2015, 10:20 AM

Honestly, it wasn't him....it was our defense that backed him up and had to save our season. His performances gave our opponents every opportunity to win. He showed out at the end when it really mattered but our defense is the reason why we win 10 games. NOT HIM

Feb 19, 2015, 10:44 AM

You know whats bad. Your performance. Sure the D was great, elite, #1 but after the few plays I saw Nick play, it became clear to me that we would have 6-8 games without Cole. He almost singlehandedly lost the GT game but that was a perfect storm. Chad Morris lost us the UGA game, and Clemson as a team lost the FSU game. The kid did what he could and it resulted in a 10 win season end of story.

Morris lost the GT game by giving away the "20 plays" for

Feb 19, 2015, 11:53 AM

Cole. He never considered that Watson would be injured. The GT players stated they had those "20 plsys" down pat.

Agree, he needed to heal and different coach(es) - ironic

Feb 19, 2015, 11:50 AM

that he may be the recent Qb to make a pro-team - he was more of a pro-type QB - I hope he gets a chance? And I still hope Tajh makes the NFL team also?

Feb 19, 2015, 12:16 PM

I just wish he would have kept quiet during the off season. When fans started talkin about him being better for the offense than Boyd, I knew some ppl were going to dislike him once football actually started. Him talking to the press, making the videos clowning around, I wish he would have been very quiet in the off season and not got caught up in all the talk. For him to be in that system for 4 years and perform that way, says a good bit to me about his perpetration. Especially the GT game when he didn't think he was going to have to play

51 % - on the wrong board - Stoudt never got swag - humor ok***

Feb 19, 2015, 5:56 PM

Re: Terrific head of hair***

Feb 20, 2015, 10:16 AM

Feb 20, 2015, 10:21 AM

He will be remembered as the QB that stopped the streak! :)

Stoudt is more mature than given credit by some

Feb 20, 2015, 10:24 AM

Say what you will about his potential and all that. And it is valid to criticize parts of his performance, especially the GT game. But given all of the negativity from a chunk of the fan base and even some of the commentators and announcers, I think he did a great job of staying above it and not getting into a back and forth match about it.

And the fact that he turned everything around so sharply against OU from all problems in the games just before much less since the start of the season tells me he has the mentality needed to play at the next level. Somewhere. It's fair to give credit to coaches for that turn. Especially with play calling, maybe. But he still had to put all the "bad" from earlier behind him to get it done.

I think he can have a pro career AT LEAST as good as Whitehurst has had. May rarely start, but can still make a good living at the pro level. He still has a hill to climb to make that true, though.

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic