Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Cole Stoudt
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1,400

Cole Stoudt

Nov 16, 2014, 4:18 PM

When he was given the painkiller shot he should have also been given a six pack of Red Bull to see if him and Morris could get in sync. Worth a try.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Cole Stoudt

Nov 16, 2014, 4:29 PM

Morris should have called a conservative game once Watson got hurt......you know you have a great defense and points at a premium. you have a hurt back up playing....why put him in a position to fail? Morris continues to fail to adjust and adapt to what he has.

Nov 16, 2014, 4:47 PM

Morris isn't perfect by any means, and I agree with what you are saying, but ALL he's done this entire season is adapt. I'm waiting for a kicker to play center next. With the injuries being how they've been, I think Morris has done a phenomenal job with the hand he's been dealt with the O-line. We could have Aaron Rodgers in the shotgun, but if we can't protect him, he's gonna fail. Also, Nick S. is a far better QB than most think.

Nov 16, 2014, 4:52 PM

With that said, Morris should go with quick slants and quick outs with predetermined reads at the line. Why even let the defense get a chance to get to the QB? And OMG...the I-formation a few times wouldn't hurt either. Try and cut block and pound it some with Dye and Gallman. Throw off play-action. I'm just brainstorming.

Nov 16, 2014, 5:35 PM

The problem with Morris is that he refuses to tactically adapt the situation at hand. Even when his players are healthy, he refuses to go under center on short yardage. He refuses to slow tempo when we have a late lead, he refuses to run to the middle on third when we have a struggling kicker, he calls high risk or trick plays when they are not needed.

From a fundamental standpoint, he is very good. He draws plays, assesses talents, understands talent, etc.... but on 3rd and 1 from the goal line, we are going to be in the shot gun running a zone read because..........it is what we do

This is true***

Nov 16, 2014, 5:40 PM

Nov 16, 2014, 5:55 PM [ in reply to Re: Cole Stoudt ]

Tigerfan: Your ;point is very well taken however, just who the heck recruited this supposed weak OL. It wasn't people fro m outer space. I think it was our coachginbg staff.

Nov 16, 2014, 5:53 PM [ in reply to Re: Cole Stoudt ]

CUTotal: You're spot on and if anyone expects that to change with CM, you'll be waiting a long time.

Replies: 7
| visibility 1,400
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic