Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Never Thought In A Million Years!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

Never Thought In A Million Years!

Oct 8, 2013, 6:31 PM

Never thought I could defend anything Coot related, but Colin Cowherd is way out of line. Slam USuC, the Nut Sac, and the trash dump they call a stadium, but this guy comes right out and says Clowney is selfish? Coot or not we are talking about a very young man that very possibly has done nothing wrong. Who is Cowherd to get on TV and judge Clowney? If Clowney wasn't hurt and sat out that's one thing, but if he is hurt I would lean more towards USuC's staff trying to play him at all costs to win games. The Sac already tried to run Lattimore into the ground with no concern about the excessive beating he was taking. Do you ever see us run a back 35 times a game? There is a reason for that. You can't expose these guys to that kind of punishment EVERY week. Yes it's about winning, and winning is priority #1. But you can't treat these guys like equipment. My money's on Clowney telling trainers all week he was hurting, but SOMEONE thought they could push him into playing. Anyway whatever is the case Cowherd and Finebaum have no business calling out an amateur athlete from any school as being a liar and bad teammate. Just like Jesse Palmer: no one answers to any of you! Go after the Sac, but leave the kids alone! Time for Gundy to go on another rant.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clown was cleared to play, this is DAMAGE control***

Oct 8, 2013, 6:33 PM

Re: Clown was cleared to play, this is DAMAGE control***

Oct 8, 2013, 6:41 PM

Fair enough. And it is all fun and fair game on rivals' message boards by fans. But these media folks should be more responsible and held to a higher standard than attacking student athletes with their OPINIONS. Think if it were one of ours.

Re: Clown was cleared to play, this is DAMAGE control

Oct 8, 2013, 6:46 PM

Have you ever seen any accountability or responsibility from ESPN? I havent. Build someone up to tear them down because of the ratings it brings

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clown was cleared to play, this is DAMAGE control

Oct 8, 2013, 6:49 PM

Exactly my point. Attack the USuC program if you want. Not a student athlete. I love how Dabo called out Palmer for all his Clemsoning BS. I would love to see more coaches go after these blowhards.

Oct 8, 2013, 6:48 PM [ in reply to Re: Clown was cleared to play, this is DAMAGE control*** ]

Wish people would quit calling them kids. They are old enough to vote and should be held accountable for there actions. I was! while bieng in the Marines at his age I was working 14hr days and stacking bombs on A-6s to drop on Rag heads. So every one needs to quit coddling these brats and start issuing more head slaps.

Thanks for your service.

Oct 8, 2013, 9:58 PM

I've cracked on Clowney during this whole sorry ordeal myself. But the more I ponder it, I feel sorry for the kid.

Yep, he's a kid. And he'd probably appreciate me saying it even less than you do.

Why didn't you, as a 20 year old serviceman, make the bone-headed and selfish mistakes he's made? I would suggest it's because you had -- at the very least -- superiors who cared enough about you to make sure you didn't. You likely also had discipline and a structure which kept you on the straight and narrow and molded you into a leader. Maybe you also had a strong nuclear family that loved and guided you along into wise decisions.

Clowney has none of that (admittedly, I'm drawing some strong inferences).

He seems to me now to be an undisciplined, exploited, pampered, scared kid. He sees money that could change his and his family's lives today, and his kids' lives for generations. He also sees it could go up in a puff of smoke. He saw what happened to Lattimore and Garcia. He's scared. He doesn't know who to trust. And he has no idea what to do next.

I feel sorry for him.

Oct 9, 2013, 8:10 AM [ in reply to Re: Clown was cleared to play, this is DAMAGE control*** ]

I think your boasting about "stacking bombs on A-6s to drop on Rag heads" tells us everything we need to know about your level of maturity.

Re:He has time to develop another problem before game

Oct 8, 2013, 7:23 PM [ in reply to Clown was cleared to play, this is DAMAGE control*** ]

time.

But, the very same media built him up and

Oct 8, 2013, 6:50 PM

he embraced and ran with it. Remember Clowney's comments during the media days about QB's like Boyd and Murray being afraid of him. IMO at that point he became marked and his performance would receive scrutiny. Some of this is Clowney's fault, but it is definitely Slurrier's mess. If he stopped popping off at the mouth during the press conferences most of these issues wouldn't turn into national media stories.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^this^^***

Oct 9, 2013, 7:25 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Never Thought In A Million Years!

Oct 8, 2013, 6:55 PM

Let me be clear. In no way am I sympathetic towards Clowney. He chose to go play in that mess down there. And yes he has run his mouth. I am simply tired of these azzclown talking heads being so irresponsible with their dribble. He doesn't know what's going on, so he should shut the heck up!

Re: Never Thought In A Million Years!

Oct 8, 2013, 10:04 PM

I agree BIG ORANGE, when a player is in the PROs he is fair game for the Media; but they should show more class in regards to amateur athletics.

Their job and livelihood

Oct 9, 2013, 6:37 AM

is to sensationalize and stir up the nest. I say "livelihood" as in the pursuit of dollars probably above and beyond.

So what should national media do?

Oct 9, 2013, 7:13 AM

The national sports media (like local media) has a job to do and we suckle on their feet every chance we get. There are very few "reporters" out there who are paid to be unbiased. Colin and most others in the national media get paid to have opinions first and foremost. I'm a big fan of Cowherd and he would say the same thing - I'm paid to have a strong opinion. No opinion then no one listens and no job.

Looks like he is doing a good job. You are talking about his opinions and ibvio

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic