Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If you would have been told 10 years ago that
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

If you would have been told 10 years ago that

Sep 23, 2014, 12:29 PM

"10 years from now, Clemson will be coming off 3 straight double digit win seasons, an ACC championship, and Orange Bowl win... but it will also have a new "verb" named after it known as "Clemsoning", which means losing games in spectacular fashion."

what would you have thought?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Re: If you would have been told 10 years ago that

Sep 23, 2014, 12:33 PM

I would be a happy man, like I am today.

Unfortunately that comes with an * as you know!!

That we're the new Boston Red Sox?***

Sep 23, 2014, 12:35 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 23, 2014, 12:37 PM

I don't live near South Carolina anymore and my impression is that most football fans don't really think of these losses as "Clemsoning".

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 23, 2014, 1:00 PM

You are mistaken.

Most fans I talk to speak of it exactly that way.
I hate they put this dabo swinney crap show on national TV

Sep 23, 2014, 1:04 PM

Most fans I know find it amusing b/c ALL teams lose games they shouldn't. See Bama/AU '13.

I would have thought, "What bunch of morans is gonna

Sep 23, 2014, 12:44 PM

get us into this mess?"

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

I would take it and would believe the clemsoning...

Sep 23, 2014, 12:47 PM

term given some of our losses 10 year ago.

I probably would have taken one look at the

Sep 23, 2014, 12:48 PM

Humanitarian Bowl trophy and been like sign me up, bro.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Because at the end of the game, everyone knew that they weren’t that much better than us or better than us at all."

Not sure-

Sep 23, 2014, 12:56 PM

10 years ago Twitter didnt exist so maybe nobody would have known what Clemsoning was

I think Al Gore had in fact already invented the internet but dial up was a hassle

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

al gore

Sep 23, 2014, 1:07 PM

is busy as a bee in new york leading a bunch of morons protesting the fact that the earths surface temperatures----maybe--- seem to be rising duhhhhh! which has turned out to be so much debunked liberal BS. like the earths surface temperature has not risen before.
Manufacturing global warming hysteria has made algore richer. we call him algore rhythm.

Clemsoning was actually a term that was contrived when

Sep 23, 2014, 1:04 PM

we would inexplicably lose to teams where we were favored to win (think Bowden). Dabo has changed that and put it rest!!

Re: Clemsoning was actually a term that was contrived when

Sep 23, 2014, 1:15 PM

wait till this year is over and tell us that. you actually think you are going to win out over the rest of these games this year. and what next year when most of the defense graduates.

Spurrier and Jimbo will be whipping Dabo's little choir boy butt for the next 20 years.

There are also several other teams swinney will be forced to play this year. Louisville, Boston College.

His record will be the same as last year. he will beat 6-8 boys home of the south type teams and this year---NONE of the good teams on the schedule. maybe luck up and actually have his team practised and ready to play in some third tier bowl game.

what do you see good about this scenario? Id sooner go with bowden at least his teams played well against florida state and SC and he did not cost nearly as much money.

If you are going to go with incompetent coaches, man--at least pick the cheapest.

Sep 23, 2014, 2:09 PM

LOL at Spurrier being alive in 20 years

Drinks on me the day he croaks.

Sep 23, 2014, 2:49 PM

TTTs and TDs.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Dumbo is back.***

Sep 23, 2014, 2:35 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemsoning was actually a term that was contrived when ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, Jimbo really whipped us this year.

Sep 23, 2014, 2:48 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemsoning was actually a term that was contrived when ]

########

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 23, 2014, 1:16 PM [ in reply to Clemsoning was actually a term that was contrived when ]

wait till this year is over and tell us that. you actually think you are going to win out over the rest of these games this year. and what next year when most of the defense graduates.

Spurrier and Jimbo will be whipping Dabo's little choir boy butt for the next 20 years.

There are also several other teams swinney will be forced to play this year. Louisville, Boston College.

His record will be the same as last year. he will beat 6-8 boys home of the south type teams and this year---NONE of the good teams on the schedule. maybe luck up and actually have his team practised and ready to play in some third tier bowl game.

what do you see good about this scenario? Id sooner go with bowden at least his teams played well against florida state and SC and he did not cost nearly as much money.

If you are going to go with incompetent coaches, man--at least pick the cheapest.

Sep 23, 2014, 1:59 PM

Get a life. Quit being a fanatic. Played on the road against #1 and #6. Name for me the teams that have went on the road and won at #1 at night.

Sep 23, 2014, 3:00 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemsoning was actually a term that was contrived when ]

Go on back to your henhouse in Cootlumbia

No, Clemsoning came from Dabo Swinney's reign

Sep 23, 2014, 2:48 PM [ in reply to Clemsoning was actually a term that was contrived when ]

NC State 2011.

I would have thought, "boy was I wrong about Tommy"***

Sep 23, 2014, 1:08 PM

10 years ago we sucked and were fresh off a shellacking

Sep 23, 2014, 1:10 PM

at Texas A&M and a special teams debacle the week before that costs us the GT game and turned into a 1-4 start.

Just some perspective...

3 straight double digit winning seasons? Danny came back!

Sep 23, 2014, 2:13 PM

LOL.....I can't help it as I loved that era!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I would have asked how bad we beat USuC those years.

Sep 23, 2014, 2:47 PM

Oops.

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic