Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson track and field hires attorney
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

Clemson track and field hires attorney

Mar 16, 2021, 1:29 PM

Pig mentioned last night but here's a link:

https://www.wyff4.com/article/clemson-track-and-field-team-hires-attorney-says-it-will-pursue-class-action-lawsuit-against-clemson-if-neccessary/35832036#

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

For their sake I hope they didn’t hire that ne’er do well coot

Mar 16, 2021, 1:31 PM

GWP

Message was edited by: lovingit®

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm pretty sure that coot only takes...

Mar 16, 2021, 2:46 PM

low profile cases.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

One can only hope!***

Mar 16, 2021, 3:33 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Speaking of coots, this explains why

Mar 16, 2021, 3:36 PM [ in reply to I'm pretty sure that coot only takes... ]

GWPTiger® has been missing, he has probably been standing in line at the county clerk's office filing all the necessary paper work as paralegals often do.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson track and field hires attorney

Mar 16, 2021, 1:48 PM

who is this "pig"?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pig

Mar 16, 2021, 1:52 PM

No pigs

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/thread/Clemson-Track-Team-is-Fighting-Back-2062209?tstart=0

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

maybe I'm missing something but the track and field

Mar 16, 2021, 1:54 PM

team is 50/50 black/white from what I can tell..... Wouldn't the better Title IX argument be to take the gender instead of race approach??? Unless they know they have no case either way in which case race plays as the better court of social/public opinion avenue. I mean football and basketball are more dominated by blacks at Clemson from a % perspective.... not sure about soccer?

what am I missing here?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: maybe I'm missing something but the track and field

Mar 16, 2021, 2:57 PM

When they cut the swimming program to stay in line with Title IX did anyone hire an attorney? Perhaps they did. Doesn't the female student population ration also come into play here? It's not simply a statement on a sport where mostly black male athletes compete. If there are more females in the general population of students isn't that to be reflected in the athletic population as well? So maybe this is more about program needs than people realize. It goes without saying that spending millions on a revenue generating sport is easier than supporting one that never breaks even.

We should admire love the fight in the student athletes and their desire to stay with the program. Clemson has a long and storied history in track and field. The resume includes World and Olympic champions but the program has not shown that commitment in recent years straining to field a team while using 12 scholarships when there are 19 events. Without athletes in other sports competing like CJ Spiller and and Jacoby Ford did its hard to win. The cost of track to the school would seem to remain basically the same minus the travel since the women's program will continue but the gain for Clemson is moving those male athlete scholarships to another program to meet the Title IX requirements. Who knows, maybe cheerleading will now be a sport or we will see gymnastics in Littlejohn. All of the current track athletes can finish at Clemson of transfer to another program and keep competing so its hard to see how a lawsuit is merited. With all of that said, not having the male track program in a place like Clemson is sad at best.

Mar 16, 2021, 2:37 PM

They have no argument. We eliminated swimming and diving years ago, which was almost all white, followed by wrestling, which was mostly white.

I don't agree with cutting teams, but they are going about this the wrong way.

Mar 16, 2021, 3:33 PM

I dont see much of an audience for t&f so how much money does it bring in?

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 16, 2021, 3:49 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

I thought we got rid of track & field.

Mar 16, 2021, 8:15 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Ok, so the grounds is racial discrimination, not gender

Mar 16, 2021, 10:28 PM

ratios, as was indicated in the earlier thread.

null

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic