Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson/tOSU
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 4,396

Clemson/tOSU

Dec 28, 2016, 3:35 PM

Hey guys. It's me back again. Bored out of my mind waiting to get off work and headed to Charlotte for our bowl tomorrow, and thought I would check out hineygate. I posted there quite a bit over the last couple of years since VT had a home and home with them, and I believe their arrogance has grown if that is possible. That arrogance is what made beating them in 2014 so satisfying.

VT played them in 2014 and 2015, and of course you guys just a few weeks ago. Both are really good to great teams, but Johnson was dead on in his remarks. Go back and see what Bud Foster's blitzes did to him in 2014. He as like a deer in the headlights all night. Now compare that to what Watson did against just as aggressive a blitz package. I know Barrett was green in 2014, and I do admire his leadership, but he ain't got nothing on Watson in that department, and is half the quarterback Watson is. Honestly, I would take Jarod Evans over Barrett every day of the week and twice on Sundays. Barrett just has an outstanding supporting cast. So does Watson. Lots of future pros on the field in your game on both sides. That is undeniable, regardless of rooting interests.

I think you guys and FSU expose the B1G for what it is. A top heavy league that the bottom 2/3's was so weak in it made the top 4 teams look better than they were, and I think we find that out very graphically over the next few days.

Beat those clowns for everyone's sake. Beat them like a rented mule, then beat them some more.

Good luck to you guys and hopefully VT can drive another small stake in the SEC's heart tomorrow.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ThX hokie1..

Dec 28, 2016, 4:05 PM

And Thought your Boys brought us a super good game..which might help us Sat night.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We win but Blue beats FSU by at least 10.***

Dec 28, 2016, 4:07 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

just lol

Jan 1, 2017, 9:53 AM

@josephg

^ Found dsp's scok.***

Dec 28, 2016, 4:08 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

good to have her back

Dec 28, 2016, 4:11 PM

just in time for critical hoops game tonight

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Thanks HokieOne

Dec 28, 2016, 4:18 PM

Good luck to you tomorrow.

I also believe your QB is better than JT.

I guess we only have a few days before we find out.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

I think your offense is the closest thing we've seen to OSU.

Dec 28, 2016, 4:24 PM

Barrett runs the ball more than Evans, but isn't quite the thumper between the tackles like Evans.

Zone Read based attack. Ohio St has some beasts on the OL (although did give up sacks against Michigan) and has a better RB and run game than VT.

Anyway, the fact that yall put up 35 points on us has me a little nervous as this OSU offense is pretty similar. But, that 3rd down completion when the call got screwed up on 3rd and 13 or whatever changed the game. I'm thinking you only score 21 had that not happened. That's what I'm telling myself anyway so I won't completely freak out before Saturday.

Re: Clemson/tOSU

Dec 28, 2016, 6:15 PM

Expose the B1G? Top heavy? OSU/Michigan/PSU/wisky/
Nebraska/Iowa/northwestern/Minnesota are all good teams. Northwestern about the 6th or 7th best and they beat Pitt. Ran all over them, dominated TOP.

Dec 28, 2016, 6:18 PM

Pitt minus their great RB and qb.. Didn't that 6th or 7th best team play you to a 4 point game in Columbus?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 28, 2016, 6:26 PM

And they also lost their OC to LSU, it was definitely not the same Pitt team that played the ACC schedule.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Dec 28, 2016, 6:33 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemson/tOSU ]

They played a great game against us, imagine if you guys replaced your 3 best receivers, RB, TE, 2 OL, 2 best DL, both OL, best corner and safety this season. This team looked tired at times esp. nothwestern, PSU and MSU.

Dec 28, 2016, 6:43 PM

We replaced our offensive line leader, our 2 nfl defensive ends and our lock down CB. We lost our strong and free safety to the nfl and a starting WR to the nfl as well. oh yea we lost our staring MLB to the nfl as well, so yea we get it.

Dec 28, 2016, 6:50 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemson/tOSU ]

and wake beat indiana - so your point is wasted fuqnut

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Jan 1, 2017, 10:13 AM [ in reply to Re: Clemson/tOSU ]

Hey, bully. Care to elaborate this morning?

Want to tell me how wrong I was again? BWAHAHAHA!

Nicely done! OSU looked like they didnt

Jan 1, 2017, 10:17 AM

Belong on the same field as us last night. VT gave us a heck of a game. Have a feeling we may be rivals again at the acccg a few more time in the near future.

he is rubbing this on this morning

Jan 1, 2017, 10:22 AM
IMG_0955.PNG(429.7 K)

Dec 28, 2016, 6:22 PM

good to see you back brother. We're rootin for y'all tomorrow. Whip some SEC ###

+1 Appreciate the kind...

Dec 28, 2016, 6:31 PM

and I believe true words. I'll definitely be pulling for you guys hard, as I will pretty much every team playing an SECheat team.
You guys have a good squad, and a good (potentially really good, we'll see) HC hire IMHO. You guys handle business!
Good luck buddy.

Jan 1, 2017, 9:50 AM

I don't usually do this, but when I am this accurate, I got to crow a little bit. Congrats. Now bring home the big prize and leave no doubt who the best conference is if there is any doubt left, that is

Toot toot!***

Jan 1, 2017, 9:54 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 1, 2017, 9:55 AM [ in reply to Re: Clemson/tOSU ]

Spot on there brother!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 1, 2017, 10:25 AM [ in reply to Re: Clemson/tOSU ]

Btw wonderful comeback by ur team. How was your trip. Guess u were sweating it out at halftime...

ACC got er done. Hard to judge pitt game w/o connor and qb out. Pitt doesn't have the depth yet. Think oc helped lsu some. But honestly after we showed teams how to handle lj -looserville imploded.

Ucheat just played a good team and clearly ur tape helped them a good bit too. C U in Blacksburg next year. Wait, that be this year. Lol.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dood, you were so right!***

Jan 1, 2017, 10:36 AM [ in reply to Re: Clemson/tOSU ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Replies: 23
| visibility 4,396
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic