Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Chad Morris interested in becoming a Coot
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

Chad Morris interested in becoming a Coot

Oct 16, 2015, 4:01 PM

http://southcarolina.247sports.com/Bolt/Morris-interested-in-South-Carolina-job-40302272

Gotta say that this comes as a bit of a surprise. The Chad never had the killer instinct to take out the Coots. Glad we have a couple of Clemson alums steering the offensive ship now--they know the importance of keeping the Coots in their place.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Chad Morris interested in becoming a Coot

Oct 16, 2015, 4:06 PM

Reckon we might know the Chad's offense?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 16, 2015, 4:08 PM

he's to a $2MM per year contract for 6 years and the coots are in debt $150MM. It's a lateral move. Surely there's a buyout (SMU isn't that stupid right?).

I doubt SCar is in the position to toss out an extra $5-8MM for a buyout on top of having to offer him a better contract than he already has.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe he just really likes to talk to people.

Oct 16, 2015, 4:10 PM

The real question is, does he bolt SMU before a lack of talent causes him to not get offers? Is a delicate balance there.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Maybe he just really likes to talk to people.

Oct 16, 2015, 4:13 PM

I wouldn't put it past Chad to consider his options. He's a smart guy.

I just think that's way beyond Carolina's budget unless they can convince one of their long shot proven coaches like Dantonio/Kelly.

I don't know about that.

Oct 16, 2015, 4:20 PM

Where is this 150 million in debt coming from and what kind of debt is it? This time last year I was some $150 k in debt. This year I'm still 13k but nobody is saying I can't spend money.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm not buying it. Chad wanted to move back to Tx because

Oct 16, 2015, 4:09 PM

of his mom's failing health. I can't see him wanting to move this far away again any time soon.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Me either...it was always clear Texas was his end game.

Oct 16, 2015, 4:10 PM

Not sure why he would move back to SC and burn bridges with Dabo and Co.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Burn bridges? It's just business***

Oct 16, 2015, 4:52 PM

hey..I'll bet my BiG bottle of Marker's Mark Rum & a box

Oct 16, 2015, 5:07 PM

Of 100 watt good old bright type A19 light bulbs (130 Volt) to the cause IF The Chad comes to coach in The Cesspool of The South!

Saying, it ain't happening. burP! ??

Go??TiGERS...keep Rocking!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When did Makers Mark start making RUM???

Oct 16, 2015, 5:10 PM

NFM

Oh No! U got it! ?? (Re: When did Makers Mark start making RUM?)

Oct 16, 2015, 5:14 PM

Ok..Captain Morgan. ??

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sorry, but I am pretty sure that is a load of crap.

Oct 16, 2015, 4:11 PM

I had a conversation with somebody who is pretty in the know, and part of the agreement when Morris left was that he was going to stay away from jobs and affilates with Clemson rivals. He made it clear that he wanted to develop in the Texas/Oklahoma area.

Shurbert is just stirring the pot.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

I'm declaring garnet flavored BS on this

Oct 16, 2015, 4:11 PM

no way he leaves Texas

Re: I'm declaring garnet flavored BS on this

Oct 16, 2015, 4:17 PM

He knows all about USuCk. He is not about to jump into that cesspool.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 16, 2015, 4:23 PM

That would be awful. Deshaun Watson will definitely be conflicted since he loves Chad like a surrogate father. It will just be a bad situation. Is Chad Morris that much of a job wh0re? I mean really, he's acting like the be the next Bobby Patrino's of CFB. When he "tearfully" left us, it was to move back to Texas close to family since there was illness and he'd be closer and all of those high school coaches connections. I was sad to see Chad leave, our offense has changed a great deal but if he goes to be a coot, I'll hate him as much as the next coot.

Not buying - Chad is smarter than that

Oct 16, 2015, 5:08 PM

nm

Until there's an actual quote from Morris...yawn***

Oct 16, 2015, 5:08 PM

Clemson

Chad Morris interested in some negotiating chips

Oct 16, 2015, 5:09 PM

Chad wants to coach in TX. Chad wants more - always more. If he signed with Coots they'd be lucky if he stayed 5 years. I think he just wants an SEC offer to wave around and see what else that gets him.

Oct 16, 2015, 5:09 PM

He would go but USC won't hire a head coach with only 1 year experience and a losing year at that.

this is coming from a coot website, same one that said muschamp was going there***

Oct 16, 2015, 5:26 PM

Complete BS***

Oct 16, 2015, 5:27 PM

Re: Complete BS***

Oct 16, 2015, 5:30 PM

Good point.

Showing casual, probably joking interest in the possibility

Oct 16, 2015, 6:06 PM

...is NOT the same thing as actually following through with such insanity.

The Chad is a Texan, he is already where he wants to be with a very lucrative contract in his hand. He knows the dumpster fire that is cooterville. There's no way in the world he would take that job.

Mark it down.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

who exactly are these "sources close to Morris"?***

Oct 16, 2015, 6:09 PM

Chad just wants a raise.

Oct 16, 2015, 6:12 PM

It seemed to me he interviewed for a new position every time one came open. Same ole same ole and that's why I'm glad he's gone.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, I bet he will announce tomorrow that he is leaving SMU

Oct 16, 2015, 6:12 PM

in the middle of the season and coming to Usuc! He can't wait to get to Columbia! :)

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic