Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Brownell has an extensive body of work here that is all his
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

Brownell has an extensive body of work here that is all his

Mar 24, 2019, 4:23 PM

and upon which he can be fairly judged. Either that's as good as anyone could have possibly done, or it's time for a change. The answer could not possibly be more obvious to me. To keep things as they are amounts to total surrender, a waving of the white flag ... Clemson is simply not interested in being better in basketball. A coaching change would be a sign of hope.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

If he's still employed at Clemson by weeks end...

Mar 24, 2019, 4:25 PM

that speaks volumes about the priority level the administration gives men's basketball at Clemson.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Exactly, and such a statement will set us back even more,

Mar 24, 2019, 4:26 PM

and for years to come.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Your posts are always calm, clear, and truthful.

Mar 24, 2019, 4:27 PM

But you're now a "hater" because of what you just said.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm sure some will feel that way, but I don't care.

Mar 24, 2019, 4:33 PM

I really, really like Brad Brownell. I think he's a class guy and has a good basketball mind. I think he understands what it means to be the basketball coach at Clemson and what it takes to succeed here. He's a smart guy and an honorable guy and he "gets it". Yet, he has had a very fair shot and has been given plenty of leeway, and he has failed. At the end of the day, we have to face that truth. I'm sure he knows it, and I would not be surprised to see him step down. He could still land a good job elsewhere.

- H. L. Mencken

Found one

Mar 24, 2019, 4:51 PM

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/thread/For-all-Coach-BB-haters-and-others-questioning-his-future-1893935?tstart=0

And I know you don't. You care about Clemson and it's basketball program, and are smart enough to know the problems.

I'm unsure what happens, but this is clear

Mar 24, 2019, 4:29 PM

There is fatigue with his tenure. Low attendance is a mark of that. Fan excitement is really low, and that's never good for any coach

Re: I'm unsure what happens, but this is clear

Mar 24, 2019, 4:32 PM

Think it's low now wait until next year with the talent we've got coming back.

It will be unbearable

Mar 24, 2019, 4:43 PM

I'm with Smiling Tiger, I like Brad, and do think he's a good coach. He's just run his course here. He's going in to next year with a roster that can't compete right now, in year 10, that's a horrible situation. I've stated for weeks now best scenario for all parties is for him to move on to another job. Next year will be ugly for the program and him if he sticks it out

Re: It will be unbearable

Mar 24, 2019, 4:49 PM

Maybe! Don't forget we will have Malik William back (medical redshirting this year), Jonathan Baer will be available and I hear that guy's a beast at 6'10. Can do it all. Add in Alex hemenway and Dawes shooting 3s all over the place. Javon white down low with experience now. You have to assume Tyson gets better and God help us Newman and Trapp better play summer camp ball somewhere. Idc where. They couldn't hit water if they fell out of a boat. Also Clemson has 2 free scholarships to give a transfer. (Skara came back and Aj Oliver leaving a few weeks B4 the season starting) . I say we go after that Charlotte kid who was all conference 21 ppg and another big man inside. (Regardless of coach we need some athletes)

Baehre averaged 7ppg at Asheville

Mar 24, 2019, 4:53 PM

I'd say he has a ton to prove before he's called a beast. William has proven nothing either. In fact, that can basically be said of our entire roster next year. Not a good outlook

It may turn out that all or some of the newbs can play.

Mar 24, 2019, 4:58 PM

The truth is, we don't know, it's a huge question mark. Lots of unknowns and unproven players.

- H. L. Mencken

An almost totally unknown and unproven roster

Mar 24, 2019, 5:06 PM

in year 10 in a 20 game ACC that's a death nail

Re: It will be unbearable

Mar 24, 2019, 4:55 PM [ in reply to Re: It will be unbearable ]

Don't sleep on Chase Hunter. He is going to be a really good one for us.

He'd better be Skip Wise to save next year***

Mar 24, 2019, 5:05 PM

Re: He'd better be Skip Wise to save next year***

Mar 24, 2019, 6:49 PM

Skip Wise is probably the most exciting player I have seen playing for the Tigers. I loved watching him play although he played out of control at times. Too bad that things did not work out for him in BB.

Big conundrum is can we get someone

better?

Next year will be a tough year regardless.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Brownell has an extensive body of work here that is all his

To be fair, we have to rebuild for the last 5 years since KJ Mcdaniels blind sided us and left early.

That would wreck any program for decades - LOL!***

Mar 24, 2019, 4:59 PM

- H. L. Mencken

lol***

Mar 24, 2019, 7:55 PM [ in reply to Re: Brownell has an extensive body of work here that is all his ]

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 24, 2019, 5:03 PM

Couldn’t agree more. You get what you accept. Period.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 24, 2019, 7:57 PM

Abdullah the Butcher, lol

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic