Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
no offense, but why are we taking on the NC State commits
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

no offense, but why are we taking on the NC State commits

Jan 25, 2013, 7:49 AM

Its not like NC State has ever been stellar at recruiting. I would think just about any of their commits would rather come to Clemson if offered. It appears to be that way now. Are these good recruits? Did we not offer to these guys early on? Why now?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: no offense, but why are we taking on the NC State commits

Jan 25, 2013, 7:51 AM

Fallback players when we didn't get our first choices

Both of these are kids that our new coach recruited for NC

Jan 25, 2013, 7:53 AM

St. We have had 1 DB transfer and also a couple of WR's decommit. Every recruit won't be a 4 or 5 star.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Both of these are kids that our new coach recruited for NC

Jan 25, 2013, 7:59 AM

Really showing a lot of integrity taking kids away from a school he recruited them to just a short time ago. Wow this guy should really fit in with the whole you either committed or not school of thought Dabo has. Seems really scummy to do this.

Re: You're an idiot!!! Dabo's philosophy is about the kid

Jan 25, 2013, 8:07 AM

either getting on board or choosing somewhere else, either way don't matter, just make a decision. This kid is doing just that! Always wanted to go to Clemson, now he has a chance! I have a lot more respect for him for being up front and saying this was his intention than I do for that TURD, Robinson everybody stressed out over for weeks while he kept flip flopping and playing it up!

Jan 25, 2013, 8:07 AM [ in reply to Re: Both of these are kids that our new coach recruited for NC ]

You can call it scummy if you want but there are a boat load of other coaches that don't mind coming in our back door and waving carrots.

What did Dre say that Easy E can eat???

Jan 25, 2013, 8:19 AM [ in reply to Re: Both of these are kids that our new coach recruited for NC ]

don't bother replying. Welcome to my BLOCKED list. Way to go sport.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

63-17

Jan 25, 2013, 8:35 AM [ in reply to Re: Both of these are kids that our new coach recruited for NC ]

well, you WOULD know scummy, so............

It's NOT a statement of character to steal recruits

Jan 25, 2013, 12:09 PM [ in reply to Re: Both of these are kids that our new coach recruited for NC ]

Just because they were committed to State doesn't mean they're not fair game once we got their coach. They're all fair game up until signing day.

Jan 25, 2013, 12:52 PM [ in reply to Re: Both of these are kids that our new coach recruited for NC ]

Eight thumbs up??? Wow, are there really Clemson fans that feel this way or are the cooters just jumping on this post?
Did McDonalds close due to the weather? That would explain all the trolls today! ;)

What?

Jan 25, 2013, 8:10 AM

does anyone really think that Dabo & Coaches would recruit any player that would not be good for Clemson Football

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think some of our poster are more worried about USuC FB.***

Jan 25, 2013, 8:33 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: no offense, but why are we taking on the NC State commits

Jan 25, 2013, 8:22 AM

Regardless of any other factors - anytime you can weaken a division rival it is a good move.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The most obvious reason is...

Jan 25, 2013, 8:32 AM

that we've put all this stock in a D-backs coach. If he wanted these guys while he was at NCS why wouldn't he want them now?

How could we honest feel good about hiring him then tell him the players he'd selected to run his defensive scheme won't work now? Would we be telling him he is a pawn or token hire?

My greatest inquiry is why I, who know little to nothing about football, would recognize this and some of you who pretend to know football wouldn't?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I really thought it was low for our coach that transferred

Jan 25, 2013, 8:46 AM

to auburn this year to contact our recruits. I would say the same thing about us contacting the NCST recruits. I say this with a grain of salt though.. What if the recruits initiated the contact and not the coach? Then, I believe it is a fair game. Just saying...

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson Is Coming" says Stephone Anthony (Class 2011)"
"Why NOT Clemson"
"Why Not Dabo"

The difference is the NC State coach got fired Cheese did

Jan 25, 2013, 8:51 AM

Not

Dabo meets with MacKensie Alexander, two days later it's

Jan 25, 2013, 8:47 AM

announced there is another NCSt DB committ coming in for an official visit 10 days before signing day. From this I deduce that MacKensie Alexander is not coming to CU.

Re: Dabo meets with MacKensie Alexander, two days later it's

Jan 25, 2013, 9:06 AM

You deduced that huh

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's an inferrence, not a deduction.

Jan 25, 2013, 11:55 AM [ in reply to Dabo meets with MacKensie Alexander, two days later it's ]

A deduction would be what is actually occurring in this instance:

We just lost a DB transfer two days ago, and we are filling that slot with a DB recruit this weekend.

2010_donor_pickem.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

b/c we gots schollies to burn..seems like a week or so ago

Jan 25, 2013, 8:52 AM

we only had like 14 or 15 recruits and 25 spots total available...you can't have holes in recruiting and be successfull. So why not take a chance on a DB...you never know. Was Tye Hill a heavily recruited player? Turned out to be a 1st Round draft pick so you never know.

Haven't you heard they maybe going to the SEC and we know

Jan 25, 2013, 10:42 AM

that they are recruiting players with SEC speed!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In 2 words: DAVID AMERSON...Mike Reed knows DB's

Jan 25, 2013, 10:56 AM

One of the best in recent ACC history learned under Reed

The ones we've taken so far were evaluated

Jan 25, 2013, 1:05 PM

by the coach that recruited them at NCS then hired by Clemson.

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic