Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Big game against Georgia Tech today
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

Big game against Georgia Tech today

Feb 12, 2021, 3:44 PM

Last week I thought that this would be a tough game to win as we had match up problems against them in the previous encounter.

Their center Moses Wright is a load and has a big weight advantage over Simms. In the previous game against GT, he was either dunking the ball or passing to wide open three point shooters. GTs two guards, Devoe and Alvarado are excellent three point shooters and they killed us.

However, this time around, GT lust played a tough game against Virginia on Wednesday and as some here on Tigernet have pointed out may be low on energy. Hopefully, we can at least keep it close in the first half and pull away in the 2nd half. This is now almost a MUST game for the Tigers as they follow this with a three game road trip.

We will need to step up and guard their three point shooters, not let Wright completely dominate the center, keep Simms out of foul trouble, and keep the turnovers down - we had 20 to their 10 in the last game.

Coach BB really needs to have a good game plan; especially on the defensive end.

Just my $0.02.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree. Women's softball has already swept. Let's go 3-0

Feb 12, 2021, 3:50 PM

this Friday!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It’s been more than a 3 day layoff. Expect a loss.***

Feb 12, 2021, 3:57 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

That's the spirit!***

Feb 12, 2021, 4:11 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Tell me that’s not exactly what happens every time.***

Feb 12, 2021, 7:40 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

I never know what to expect from this team...

Feb 12, 2021, 4:34 PM [ in reply to It’s been more than a 3 day layoff. Expect a loss.*** ]

but remain optimistic largely because the team generally plays better at home.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Yes, we are 8-1 at home and 4-4 away from Littlejohn this year.***

Feb 12, 2021, 6:41 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: Big game against Georgia Tech today

Feb 12, 2021, 4:35 PM

I expect we will win tonight due to the comforts of home. I also believe we should be a top 25 program every year. That starts with the BOD, Prez, and AD. State it and our fans will support it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Class of ‘71. Went through “rat season” and glad I did.

Feb 12, 2021, 4:37 PM

GT has 4 seniors I believe but if we can hang during the first half hopefully our rest and depth can take care of them in the seconds half We need to even the series this season by getting a good victory over them Got to figure out their defense

Feb 12, 2021, 5:25 PM

Since it is a home game the easy answer is to say we win, but I can’t forget how bad and easy GT beat us a few weeks ago. I do think we have gotten over the hump and I would bet my house GT will not shoot as well from three point range. Something tells me we play much better and hopefully Clyde Trapp stays aggressive and good things will happen and we get the close win.

Feb 12, 2021, 7:56 PM

If a well rested Tiger team doesn’t beat GT tonight at home , well don’t expect too much the rest of the season. Teams that have great seasons win games like this and are playing their best ball down the stretch.

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic