Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Bianchi: SEC will one day poach FSU, Clemson, Texas and Okla
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

Bianchi: SEC will one day poach FSU, Clemson, Texas and Okla

Jun 7, 2016, 9:36 AM

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/florida-gators/os-big-12-meetings-mike-bianchi-0605-20160605-column.html

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Bianchi: SEC will one day poach FSU, Clemson, Texas and Okla

Jun 7, 2016, 9:47 AM

I don't know about that. ESPN no longer has any money and the SEC will not receive a payout for doing this.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 7, 2016, 9:48 AM

Good. Do it and completely overhaul the NCAA or just do away with it. That group along with UGA Bama, Tenn, and LSU could call their shots and force the NCAA out of business.

The lack of movement by the NCAA with UNC and the fake classes etc, Miami and the Ponzi scheme guy, the list goes on and on. Time for a shake up or football and other college sports as we know them will be gone.

NCAA has too much money and power and simply dont have the decision makers with the ability to keep it going.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 7, 2016, 10:04 AM

If you think the schools will police themselves better than the ostensibly-objective, third party arbitrator/dictator NCAA, you're crazy.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 7, 2016, 9:48 AM

I don't know about that. ESPN no longer has any money and the SEC will not receive a payout for doing this.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 7, 2016, 9:50 AM

keep in mind those contracts are signed and Disney has plenty of money and will not let ESPN tank

they are cutting staff due to incredibly high dollar deals with SEC, NFL, etc but will pay out as planned

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ESPN has created an unsustainable model around the SEC.

Jun 7, 2016, 9:50 AM

It's going to be an interesting few years in cable tv.

Maybe Disney can bail them out with a Disney Princess character who lives in Tuscaloosa.

Change may consume the SEC as well...

Jun 7, 2016, 9:56 AM

I think there's a change coming that will overhaul all of football, but it won't be under the SEC banner.

The haves will break away, creating new conferences. Much of the SEC will be part of this new face of football, but it won't be the SEC as such.

Clemson, FSU, probably UNC, NC State, VTech and those who wish to pony up to stay in will be part of it. And yes, eventually Notre Dame will have to settle down and sign up.

But the SEC will be taken apart as part of the overhaul. It will be part of the price of change.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree. 64 team mega division with all the power teams

Jun 7, 2016, 9:59 AM

is the future. No SEC, ACC, or Pac 12. Just the big boys playing it out for the millions. And Clemson will be a part of that group.

GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Absolutely

Jun 7, 2016, 11:23 AM [ in reply to Change may consume the SEC as well... ]

eventually Bama, LSU, Florida, UGA and Auburn are going to get tired of subsidizing Vandy, Missouri, Kentucky, Miss St and Ole Miss.

What a false narrative and circular logic

Jun 7, 2016, 11:21 AM

so the reason that the ACC and Big 12 are PROJECTED to be financially behind is because there is no demand for a conference network and that ESPN is struggling.

But the reason that the SEC and Big 10 are PROJECTED to be financially ahead is because they have a conference network and are tied to ESPN?

But what the writer isn't taking inot account, the reason that ESPN is struggling is BECAUSE of these conference networks and the high royalty fees are boat anchors on their bottom line. OK admit it, this guy is a Gator homer.

That's what I was thinking! The SEC payout isn't going to

Jun 7, 2016, 8:28 PM

keep increasing if Espin is losing money on the SEC network. The next contract negotiation may well seee a decrease in the SEC payout!

Re: That's what I was thinking! The SEC payout isn't going to

Jun 7, 2016, 8:42 PM

Wouldnt it be great to poach Georgia and Florida, boot ND, then see if we have enough UMPH to get the ACC network going????? I know its not going to happen.....just sayin

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic