Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Best moment of my life
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

Best moment of my life

Jun 16, 2017, 12:08 AM

Keep in mind, I'm not yet married and have no children. However when asked about the best day or moment in my life I find myself instantly responding with January 9, 2017.

It may be just sports or just football to some, but Clemson and the years spent there really shaped who I am. I have fully immersed myself in the Clemson family and when you think about it, other problems seem to not feel so important. It's a great escape from the troubles of the world and can always put a smile on your face when the going is rough. The feeling of pure jubilation when Hunter caught that pass was surreal.

I was in the top row of the upper deck on the Alabama sideline and the hugging and screaming and the "we did it!" echoed throughout as the Tide sat stunned. As soon as it was confirmed we began sprinting down the spiraling walkways to celebrate with the other 50,000 members of our family. These ramps must have been 2 miles long, but nobody got tired. That whole trip down was a blur filled with cadence counts and joy.

In the months since, everything feels so different though it is the same. Wearing orange to work every Friday has been occurring for years, but it gets noticed more now. Sometimes I feel my identity is too intertwined with my school and sports programs. But Clemson does feel like who I am. From camping for tickets through the end of the Bowden era through that fateful night in January, Clemson has been a common theme when posed "Tell me about yourself."

Every time I see the joy of winning in anything,: a game show, one of those talent TV shows, or umpiring a little league game it takes me back to January 9th.

If what Dabo says is true, and "the best is yet to come" then count me in because if there's a better feeling than being recognized everywhere as a champion then sign me up.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is this how you showed your happiness?

Jun 16, 2017, 12:19 AM

Re: Is this how you showed your happiness?

Jun 17, 2017, 8:40 AM

Thanks for the picture, love that!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

They really should have built it to do that.***

Jun 17, 2017, 10:33 AM [ in reply to Is this how you showed your happiness? ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Would take a BUNCH....

Jun 17, 2017, 7:30 PM

...and I mean a BUNCH of candle power to pull that off. Plus, you wouldn't be able to make out the paw in the sky unless the cloud cover was fairly low. You have to have a "screen" per se to project that paw onto.

Very cool concept but not very reliable or workable in real life.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Best moment of my life

Jun 16, 2017, 12:45 AM

"I was in the top row of the upper deck on the Alabama sideline"

I have my doubts. Ive watchrd LBB's championship DVD about 15 times and I see no Oculus in Raymond James.

Never considered The Oculus could ever marry. I wish you well in finding a partner. Love is important. Dont end up like your cousin Suaron.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 16, 2017, 8:00 AM

You need to go back and look for the Ocululs. He's there right in the middle. ?

Jun 16, 2017, 11:42 AM [ in reply to Re: Best moment of my life ]

The view is the same :)

Oc, it was a joyous moment. One I'd been waiting for

Jun 16, 2017, 2:24 AM

and made my own sacrifices for. I have a wife and 15yo daughter (and actually have loving awesome relationships with them) and that game still ranks up there in my top 10 I think.. and I wasn't there!
But I did watch it with mt daughter, who has gone to tons of games with me, incl our loss to Bama the year before.
It was great, enjoy it, and keep adding to those lifetime moments. If you do it right, that moment hopefully is always well loved but pushed down the list just a nudge ;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Jun 16, 2017, 3:25 AM

Most marriages end in divorce, and the rest stay together because of their bratty kids, who let them die in a retirement home. It's ok that the National Championship is the greatest event in our lives..

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 16, 2017, 11:12 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

Jun 17, 2017, 8:37 AM

good one RT! +1TU

I was formally known as Furious george and have changed my name to match the name I use to call on WCCP radio.

Jun 16, 2017, 7:27 AM

Nicely put Oculus!

(Exsitu, you need some help.... ??)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Not married? We're you burnt with acid or something like that?***

Jun 16, 2017, 8:18 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

We should introduce you to TigerTide's x-wife...

Jun 16, 2017, 9:05 AM

rumor has it she's pretty hawt.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: We should introduce you to TigerTide's x-wife...

Jun 16, 2017, 4:55 PM

Pigs?

Jun 16, 2017, 9:11 AM

Married, two kids, and saved by the shed blood of Jesus Christ. Even with all that great stuff, that dang natty is right up there on my top 'life experiences' ranking board.

Pure, unadulterated joy!

Message was edited by: NorthwestPurple®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Marriage & kids overrated. Not really - but Big Moment ....

Jun 16, 2017, 9:32 AM

I was there with my son and will always be an awesome memory.

And in Raymond James stadium!***

Jun 17, 2017, 10:13 AM

When I was about 11 years old

Jun 16, 2017, 11:42 AM

I was riding my bike, and found that somebody, who was moving out of house, had put 100 or so Playboy
Magazines out on the street...
Learned a lot that day. Just sayin...

Add 1981, marriage, 2 kids, 5 grandkids, and

Jun 16, 2017, 12:01 PM

monthly retirement checks to all that, and life is good. Even with the aches and pains that come with all that.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

don't get married and let that day be

Jun 16, 2017, 12:10 PM

Best until we win it again

Jun 16, 2017, 5:38 PM

I enjoyed your post. Beats a ??. ??

It was def in the top list for me.

Jun 17, 2017, 8:46 AM

I watched w my 8 year old son (who has been going to games in DV since a baby) at home on the couch.

When DW hit Renfrow for the final TD we both embraced each other in bear hugs screaming and fighting back tears. Was a top moment in my life bc I know he will never forget that and the pure joy we both felt hugging on the couch as our beloved Tigers had finally climbed the mountain top.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It was def in the top list for me.

Jun 17, 2017, 9:00 AM

It was much like that at my home in Clemmons, NC, my wife, both daughters and me all screaming to the top of our lungs for two hours straight with tears flowing!! I was happy for life when I got saved but this Championship gave us all joy for our Clemson family just know how hard it is to get back and how so many in the all-in family love each other and our Clemson family, fans like no other that come together with the love that little ole Clemson puts out with 80,000 plus every Saturday. It's second to none in fan support when you figure in just how small Clemson is. Most big cities don't come close in fans and none come close in LOVE.

We cried joy and still do when we think about how our family has come back together the last 8 years!!

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Married with kids, so not #1 for me...but up there

Jun 17, 2017, 10:12 AM

One correction, for my section (Bama endzone, behind their band). They did not sit in stunned silence. They quietly crawled away through the nearest exit.

Hugged my four family members, then turned around and we were all alone in the endzone!

Jun 17, 2017, 5:26 PM

:)

Jun 17, 2017, 7:53 PM

I've done all those things you've listed, and this winning this game ranks up there. It was a great moment. In fact, I'm still celebrating.

Go Tigers.

Jul 9, 2017, 10:36 AM

6 month anniversary and still celebrating.

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic