Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Be honest.. what’s with some of Dabo’s comments lately
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 37
| visibility 1

Be honest.. what’s with some of Dabo’s comments lately

May 18, 2019, 4:00 PM

Clemson pays him this massive contract which he deserves by the way. But he has to add in “never say never” to the nfl or anything in general. And of course the media runs with it. Why can’t he just say “ I appreciate Clemson’s commitment and faith in me and I plan on being here a long time” and leave it at that. Why always the add on comments “ who knows what happens in the future”

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Be honest.. what’s with some of Dabo’s comments lately

May 18, 2019, 4:05 PM

The truth is not easy for some to hear. Why limit yourself to other possible options?

May 18, 2019, 4:06 PM

You should write his speeches for him.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 18, 2019, 4:19 PM

I am pretty sure he alluded to the plan to be at Clemson a long time when he signed the new contract. If he said that he intended to retire here and some offer .”too good to refuse” came along you would criticize him, or worse, for misleading us.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 19, 2019, 12:00 AM

Just recall a then President George Bush saying, "read my lips, no new taxes". Guess what?

May 18, 2019, 4:09 PM

Clemson pays him this massive contract which he deserves by the way. But he has to add in “never say never” to the nfl or anything in general. And of course the media runs with it. Why can’t he just say “ I appreciate Clemson’s commitment and faith in me and I plan on being here a long time” and leave it at that. Why always the add on comments “ who knows what happens in the future”

I agree with you. Sometimes it seems as if he doesn't know who butters his bread. That's what fame and fortune does for some.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 18, 2019, 6:28 PM

what a ridiculous comment. You must be a miserable human being.

That’s the dumbest thing I’ve ever read.***

May 18, 2019, 10:01 PM [ in reply to Re: Be honest.. what’s with some of Dabo’s comments lately ]

I respect him for not making absolute statements that later could be misconstrued

May 18, 2019, 4:10 PM

As a lie. Carry on Dabo! Would love to have you long time! But we are blessed to have him while we do.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The truth is the truth. Why should he lie to make Clemson

May 18, 2019, 4:11 PM

fans happy. Right now things are great, but what happens when Clemson decides that Football is not important anymore like they did when Danny was fired? If something happens, right now we have 3 assistants that could take over and win for us.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The truth is the truth. Why should he lie to make Clemson

May 18, 2019, 4:34 PM

Neal you have the reason Danny left all wrong.Danny ,I love him by the way,got too big for his britches and brought his demise on himself

May 18, 2019, 4:17 PM

In fairness, he's always said that. And a few times has literally expanded on it to say that he's simply saying because anything could happen in the future up to and including things out of his control regarding his job at Clemson and/or him or others changing their opinions on him being the HC at Clemson (granted this was before he'd won 2 NC's out of 4 consecutive appearances at CFP :)

But yeah, so far he's always sort of said it in an 'anything can happen' way or to quote Dumb And Dumber, "So you're saying there's a chance..."

Dabo - This is Jerry Jones and I 'd like a moment....

May 18, 2019, 4:19 PM

Come on Guys - We don't own Dabo, were just paying a large Rent check for his services!!! He's been fired before and he never forgot it. As in the movies: Lighten up Francis!!!!! It's all GOOD!

You realize how much the media would crucify him if he said

May 18, 2019, 4:25 PM

He would never leave Clemson and then something happened where he got some incredible opportunity.

The media would play that clip over and over and say that he just said all that stuff for recruiting and lying to his players.

Re: You realize how much the media would crucify him if he said

May 18, 2019, 4:33 PM

You’re right, they would and he tells his players and recruits the same exact thing. Never limit yourself.

He’s stated on numerous occasions that he loves Clemson and he’s got the best gig going and he’s not planning on going anywhere... but he always tempers it with never say never.

Just media trying to get clicks. Anyone with any cred when asked say Dabo ain’t going anywhere.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You realize how much the media would crucify him if he said

May 18, 2019, 4:50 PM [ in reply to You realize how much the media would crucify him if he said ]

Isn't that what happened to Saban when he went to Miami?

May 18, 2019, 4:33 PM

Because honesty is always the best policy.
Saban said he was not going to the Dolphins. Then he went to the Dolphins.
I’d rather take honesty.
And as far as the comment about Dabo remembering who butters his bread...some of us need to remember who’s buttered our bread.

May 18, 2019, 5:46 PM

+1 "some of us need to remember who’s buttered our bread. ""

Dabo's subtle way to remind the BOT and AD and donors... ***

May 18, 2019, 7:27 PM [ in reply to Re: Be honest.. what’s with some of Dabo’s comments lately ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 18, 2019, 4:39 PM

Look, he’s not going to be put in a box. I think he stays a long time at Clemson. Dabo has been wonderful for Clemson and Clemson has been the same for Dabo. Clemson is his home and he loves it! However, things never stay the same forever and Dabo is just being honest.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe his agent makes him say it***

May 18, 2019, 4:49 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 18, 2019, 4:51 PM

The futures, not ours to see. If Dabo ever chooses to leave, there
will be another day and another coach.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 18, 2019, 4:55 PM

I do not understand these posts. He has made it clear that he is committed to Clemson, but can't predict the future. He has even said College Football might not even exist someday. He has also said that he might get fired or have an AD that hates him. What do all these fans want? A pinky swear? I don't know how he could be more clear that he has no plans to go anywhere, and still the question keeps coming up. It is ridiculous.

Never Say Never is a Throwaway Comment Don't Read Into It

May 18, 2019, 4:58 PM

Actions are what matter

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 18, 2019, 5:28 PM

For negotiation purposes. I assume you settle for less?

May 18, 2019, 5:50 PM

He has consistently said said the same thing. We also have to keep in mind, he feels called to be at Clemson at this time. In the future , God may have different plan for him.

May 18, 2019, 6:12 PM

Some people just like being mad at something, anything.

May 18, 2019, 6:23 PM

Just wondering but is this he biggest worry in your life? If so you are a blessed man. If not go handle your business and let Dabo handle his f’ing business as quite frankly his preferred syntax is not of your concern. He will stay as long as he wants and make a move if led in a different direction and his response will not move the needle either way

May 18, 2019, 6:27 PM

Coaches use that all the time for leverage in salary negotiations. Tommy Bowden was a master at it.

May 18, 2019, 6:41 PM

Well .... who DOES know what happens in the future ?
The guy speaks his mind and I appreciate it .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

May 18, 2019, 7:42 PM

Clearly Dabo is very happy with Clemson and what has been accomplished thus far. However, we all know he is a man of strong faith. He’s in tune with where the Holy Spirit leads him. It’s a big reason he took a position with Coach Bowden when it was a big financial risk for his young family. If he leaves Clemson it will be because he’s listening and being led in a new direction.

May 18, 2019, 9:25 PM

Why wouldn't he be happy at Clemson!!? He's got the best there is!!

May 18, 2019, 10:05 PM

It's more of a faith statement for Dabo. He is very outspoken about his faith and is really only saying if God wants him somewhere else he will go there. We are very fortunate to have Dabo and I hope he stays for a long time.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 19, 2019, 12:58 AM

Things could change. New a.d. or new president could change the dynamic and make Dabo want to move on. You simply never know.

Sounds like some of you are

May 19, 2019, 5:25 AM

gun shy from what Spurrier did to their c0cks. Welcome to big boy football with a real coach. As far as I'm concerned, Dabo can say anything he wants.

Go Tigers AND Tiger Nation(al CHAMPIONS!)!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Si vis pacem, para bellum (if you want peace, prepare for war)
USMC 1980-83
-Camp Lejeune
-Beirut, Lebanon
SC National Guard 1983-2018

May 19, 2019, 5:39 AM

"Be honest"= be in agreement w/ me or your being dishonest; a little shortsighted of you, CBB-

May 19, 2019, 5:39 AM

"Be honest"= be in agreement w/ me or your being dishonest; a little shortsighted of you, CBB-

May 19, 2019, 9:23 AM

With the Alabama provision in his new contract, he gets asked the question a lot more often. And he tells the truth... he loves things as they are... but say DRad and Clements retire and the new guys dont agree with his vision of the football program... he isnt going to stay if they are doing this that tear down what he has built. That is all he is saying and honestly... after he has put 5 ACCC and 2 Natty's on the board, whenever and whatever reason he leaves/retires... all we can do is thank him for being here and doing what he has done. If he left tomorrow, we couldnt say a bad word because we were perpetual 7-5/8-4 without him.

Replies: 37
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic