Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
CFB Film Room KB Stats
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 43
| visibility 1

CFB Film Room KB Stats

Aug 29, 2018, 8:47 PM

I'm just the messenger and it's the reason why most are wondering just how big of a transformation KB has taken since last year. We'll know soon enough!

And NO I don't want him to fail. I want him to succeed.

https://www.cfbfilmroom.com/2018/08/29/can-kelly-bryant-keep-the-clemson-qb-job/

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Be careful posting stuff like this.

Aug 29, 2018, 9:23 PM

Stats and data aren't allowed when it comes to KB. Post them if you dare, because you are likely to be accused of wanting him to fail or questioning the coaches.

Consider yourself warned!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: Be careful posting stuff like this.

Aug 29, 2018, 9:27 PM

I believe you questioned the coaches just yesterday

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I did indeed.

Aug 29, 2018, 9:28 PM

That's why I am warning the OP, based on my personal experience.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: Be careful posting stuff like this.

Aug 30, 2018, 7:09 AM [ in reply to Be careful posting stuff like this. ]

Thanks Judge but I can handle it. Haha

And again, I just want to reiterate, they're statistics. You judge or interpret them anyway you want.

Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: CFB Film Room KB Stats

Aug 29, 2018, 11:09 PM

Wow, didn’t realize they were quite that bad, and a lot of those that were made came in the kent and citadel games. What’s the numbers look like when you take those games out. No wonder Bama was licking their chops.

But as others have said, no more butthyrt over that one. New year is upon us. I will say a lot of the concern is that we could get in a game that we couldn’t claw ourselves back and end up not making the playoffs... which I think any Tiger fan would admit anything short of making the playoffs would be a big disappointment.

Don’t think you’ll see any disappointed Tigers fans if kb comes out and has numbers like DW4.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 30, 2018, 12:04 AM

This is exactly what Tigerman1978 has been trying to tell you guys!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 30, 2018, 7:13 AM

Yeah over and over and over and over and over. We get it. Tigerman is smarter than our coaches. We get it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 30, 2018, 7:30 AM

Never said I was smarter than the coaches. Have you ever considered the possibility the coaches already know these things, and that is exactly why the biggest challenge they gave the QB's was in passing improvement... And why Dabo never took the battle into the QB's being live? They kept the QB run out of both camps for a reason.

The only reason it had been said over and over is because
1. you incessant people keep arguing the same "he took us to the playoffs, how dare you talk about him" back at me over and over and over, while you have no problem discussing every other players improvement spots.
2. People keep posting topics over and over and over and over and over acting like HE is the main reason we went 12-1, and isn't the reason what-so-ever we ended 12-2. Must hurt to see the reasons Bama didn't respect his passing game and did what they did... And will plan to do again if he hasn't improved.

that's one way to look at it.

Aug 30, 2018, 7:28 AM [ in reply to Re: CFB Film Room KB Stats ]

I see it more as he killed a lot of time typing a lot of stuff that was 100% irrelevant.

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: that's one way to look at it.

Aug 30, 2018, 7:35 AM

Oh, it's very relevant for people who have a brain. It's exactly why teams started not respecting the passing game... It's exactly why they started crowding the line. And it's exactly why Bama was able to crowd the line comfortably, put the pressure they did in our o-line and keep him from scoring one single time. And if he hasn't improved these spots, it's why if he makes it there, they'll do it again with success, yet again, no matter what our record was.

great..awesome

Aug 30, 2018, 7:39 AM

irrelevant ..

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: great..awesome

Aug 30, 2018, 7:40 AM

Denial

oh..make no mistake

Aug 30, 2018, 7:49 AM

I know none of my opinions matter. I'm just a fan.

I dont pretend to be anything else.

Re: oh..make no mistake

Aug 30, 2018, 7:53 AM

Neither do I... When I send any of my public board opinions direct to Dabo, then we can talk. Till then, I'm doing no further than 2 guys talking in a bar.

so you agree. .it's irrelevant

Aug 30, 2018, 7:54 AM

we have a break through

Aug 30, 2018, 7:42 AM [ in reply to Re: that's one way to look at it. ]

So apparently, the only people that have a brain are the ones that side with you in your never ending arguement that KB sucks as a quarterback, and we are incessant. At some point, you need to give it a rest.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 30, 2018, 7:55 AM

No, the people with a brain can actually discuss it and not just make childish posts... They can give factual retort to contradict the points, add to the discussion deeper than "he had a 12-2 final record", discuss the points being made instead of just ignoring them like they don't exist.

thank you. here are more irrelevant, historic clemson qb stats

Aug 30, 2018, 7:26 AM

https://goo.gl/images/ap1Evi

And this is KB through week 8

Aug 30, 2018, 7:32 AM

Looks like his numbers fell late in the season. Play calling?

https://twitter.com/CFBFilmRoom/status/922547793817825280?s=19

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: And this is KB through week 8

Aug 30, 2018, 7:40 AM

Teams crowding the line... End of season is when that started. Even Miami did it, their "turnover chain " DB's just dropped the ball on their job that day and Kelly had his best passing day of the season... And his worst rushing (7 yards total).

We blew out how many teams those last few games?

Aug 30, 2018, 7:42 AM

Does play calling change when we're up big? Higher than plays? Lower risk plays?

Re: We blew out how many teams those last few games?

Aug 30, 2018, 7:51 AM

Yes, depends why we were. Also changes the better the defenses are and after there is more film in him. Ask FSU, VT, NC State, Bama.... Bet they played him differently than GT and 2nd game AU did. Ask the AU coaches if they'd have changed how they played him if they had beat UGA and played Clemson in the playoffs in a rematch.

What strikes me about this is the Syracuse game was the

Aug 30, 2018, 9:29 AM [ in reply to And this is KB through week 8 ]

end of these stats. Looks like he got worse, significantly worse, after being knocked out of Syracuse.

Re: What strikes me about this is the Syracuse game was the

Aug 30, 2018, 10:26 AM

Like I said, several teams (other than Citadel, which was a personnel mismatch from the start anyways), started crowding the line more...LB's safeties brought more inward:

Citadel:

N State:

Miami:

South Carolina:

Aug 30, 2018, 10:42 AM

Another game his passing stats weren't the hottest in...VT:

Count how many are up there. Better defenses started crowding the line, aiming to put more pressure on him.

Aug 30, 2018, 11:35 AM

We blew them out who cares about your DA stats

Aug 30, 2018, 12:09 PM

"blew them out"...we "blew out" NC State??? Guess I must have missed that.

And um, VT, FSU ....that was also the running backs and defense, not just KB.

Also, if you compare the two

Aug 30, 2018, 7:41 AM

Bryant as a senior, had 3,579 passing yards with 41 passing touchdowns, 720 rushing yards, and 14 rushing touchdowns.

Lawrence as a senior, had 3,290 passing with 41 TDs, only 222 rushing yards, and only 2 rushing TDs.

The point?

No one cares. What can they do now?!

Re: Also, if you compare the two

Aug 30, 2018, 7:43 AM

Shhhhhhhhhh.......you're opening up yourself to be called incessant. ;)

Aug 30, 2018, 7:47 AM

Look, if you don't like reading it, go to another topic. You won't stop me from posting about it, no matter how annoying or childish you try to be because you don't want to discuss his first full years actual individual performance. I have 2 kids, I've been a board moderator at one time.... I'm used to it.

Come on, brother.

Aug 30, 2018, 7:49 AM

Don't get angry. It's game week, the sun is shining, we're all Tigers, and KB had better stats than TL in high school.

????

DT is almost done!

Aug 30, 2018, 7:51 AM [ in reply to Re: Also, if you compare the two ]

You seem to be the one obsessing, and it's getting kind of old. I don't care how many kids you have or if you were a board moderator. Throwing KB under the bus has been your obsession. Annoying has become your middle name, and I've got more grandkids than you do kids so stop acting childish.

Aug 30, 2018, 8:01 AM

And that's the childish I'm taking about. So I'm throwing him under the bus by simply discussing his REAL stats, just like this does? You guys have a warped view on what throwing under the bus means.

I'm discussing where he can improve.... That's actually rooting FOR an improvement, discussing where it could get better. It's discussing where he actually had issues, not making up things or blaming him for things he didn't do. Those are what he actually did. That's not throwing anything under the bus. It's just not overstating his actual performance, or treating him like he was perfect.

Aug 30, 2018, 11:31 AM [ in reply to Re: Also, if you compare the two ]

Did you just call fence childish ? Lmao hello pot I bet your kids never get a word in lol

Aug 30, 2018, 11:39 AM

Yeah, I should have waited on you to arrive...forgot it gets worse and more like a toddler.

Aug 30, 2018, 11:40 AM [ in reply to Re: Also, if you compare the two ]

Still waiting on you to find those posts, btw....must be really hard going back and finding one. Didn't take me long to find 4 to counter you.

Aug 30, 2018, 7:43 AM [ in reply to Also, if you compare the two ]

I'm rarely comparing them. I'm normally only talking about Bryant. You guys are who makes it about Trevor.

Aug 30, 2018, 7:46 AM

Have you tried taking your arguement to Dabo and Elliott? Maybe you can help them see the light.

Aug 30, 2018, 8:04 AM

Nope, that's why I'm not trying to be a coach, im just being a person discussing in a forum meant for it, but don't tell yourselves that. I doubt you'd listen.

Aug 30, 2018, 11:08 AM

I don't get why people are arguing with you. I've never seen you put KB down. Just point out his weak points. He had weak points. If he improves good if not than I trust Dabo will make the right decision. Nothing wrong with discussing it. We are all tiger fans and want the best for this team. This board is for discussing right?

Aug 30, 2018, 8:18 AM [ in reply to Re: Also, if you compare the two ]

This qb situation has been a difficult position for the staff as I see it. If you go back and read the subtle comments made by veteran players that threw in behind KB during the camps laid heavily on the staff. So rather than have a division within, the start went to KB. There is no doubt that TL will play early Saturday and continue to play more and more. He brings versatility to the offence that KB can not. JMO

Aug 30, 2018, 11:47 AM

Bottom line us you've been trying to orive your point for over a month, and nirhing you've said has changed my mind in KB. All your stats and attempts at analysis hasn't helped KB not one bit, although that's what you think. Have at it. Difference between you and me is I've got other things to worry about than who starts at QB. I'm no toddler, I've got a brain, and calling people out cause the.g. don't agree with you is lame. I've been a Clemson fan longer than you are old. Enjoy your thread. Its gotten old to me.

Aug 30, 2018, 12:14 PM

I never said it was for YOU, did I? Again...if you don't want to read it, you don't want to understand it...just move on to another topic. I'm not posting this for just YOU....did I ever tag you anywhere? Did I ever ask "Hey, what do you think, fencebuster". You could chose to move along. Others do like to see things, do like to see what they didn't know. If you don't, then read the things you do care to feel is real....maybe "The Santa Claus book" would be closer? I hear that doesn't have a bunch of factual things in it.

Replies: 43
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic