Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Classless Saban said Bammer played poorly
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Classless Saban said Bammer played poorly

Jan 12, 2016, 9:42 PM

Could the Clemson players have been a lot better than he had anticipated???

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Classless Saban said Bammer played poorly

Jan 12, 2016, 10:06 PM

Read his words in the context of the interview. It wasn't a criticism of his team or an insult to Clemson. He and every other Bama person interviewed did nothing but praise the Tigers and affirm their own team's guts and resiliency. (Frankly we DID make a ton of mistakes, as did Clemson.) Saban's always looking for perfection. That's how he's lifted us from a mid range team to the current level in just 9 seasons. The Bama players who'll be back are already thinking of what they could have done better.

I love Dabo and think he's bound for even bigger things, but he wasn't the only class coach with a compelling childhood story on the field last night. Look into Saban's story; there's a ton of affirmation and player care in everything he does. Maybe he can't dance or maybe there aren't any pizza parties, but he's the right guy for us.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 12, 2016, 10:10 PM

He's a big winner , that's for certain . Can't argue with results .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jan 12, 2016, 10:15 PM [ in reply to Re: Classless Saban said Bammer played poorly ]

I agree. Saban is a perfectionist. He quite regularly complains about the mistakes his team makes in blow out victories. I did not take his comments as insults.

B S. I was stunned that he at no point said congrats

Jan 13, 2016, 2:12 AM [ in reply to Re: Classless Saban said Bammer played poorly ]

to Clemson on a great game, season, etc. Not a word.
I sat through the trophy presentation and interview.. i was floored.

I actually have never thought anything of him other than he gets it done.. nothing negative. I still am apathetic toward him, but don't start making stuff up.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Jan 13, 2016, 11:29 AM [ in reply to Re: Classless Saban said Bammer played poorly ]

Would've crazy if we meet again next year?

He's an idiot. How many TOs and busted coverages did they

Jan 12, 2016, 10:12 PM

have. They played as well as they could play. We had busts in secondary, special teams and big turnover.

Re: He's an idiot. How many TOs and busted coverages did they

Jan 12, 2016, 10:21 PM

What a stupid statement. They played as well as they could play but we didn't.

Both teams had their issues. Missed FG - blocked FG

Their QB could get anything going and missed on some passes in first half. Watson hit just about everything

Gallman had big plays Henry had big plays

Watson was best player on the field Clemson's D was better than anyone outside of Clemson fans expected.

Facts- Coker did not hit passes he hit vs mich st - DW broke records

Most are saying Clemson played their best and Bama played just well enough to win

Keep in mind it was a double digit game with 15 seconds left

Why can Dabo say Clemson beat Clemson after a loss but Saban is wrong for saying we didn't play our best?

Both are disrespectful to the other team. Similar to the lame excuse from other games of without the turnovers we would have won the game. What about the pressure that caused the poor throw? What a bout the hard hit that caused the fumble?

Just give them credit and enjoy the fact that next year their will be more starters returning to Clemson than any other team and they will be a year older and better!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 12, 2016, 10:32 PM

Clemson played its best --- and Bammer played just well enough to win??? Did I read that right??? Finebaum needs to get ready, bc Clemson did not play its best game, obviously, and the complaints of disrespect are going to snowball. Only the SEC fans and ESPN staff (paid by the SEC deals) would even dream of saying that Clemson played its best.

Jan 12, 2016, 10:22 PM [ in reply to He's an idiot. How many TOs and busted coverages did they ]

O turnovers
2 penalties
forced key turnover and capitalized
95 yard ko for td
recovered onside kick in 4th quarter,scored 2 plays later to take lead and changed momentum
Looks pretty perfect to me

Jan 13, 2016, 1:31 AM
image.jpeg(90.4 K)

Agreed except the following corrections:

2 *called* penalties (watch the film, your line held / blocked in the back nearly the entire game

Recovered *questionable* onside kick. It never hit the ground or another player. Minimally, that play was worthy of official review.

And the refs, for whatever reason, never fixed the clock after that last Clemson first down. Period.

Look at the attachment. You lost on all facets except turnover, time of possession (by 45 seconds) and penalties. Neither of us played our A game... But that game was ours and we gave it away on 4 plays.

Jan 12, 2016, 10:23 PM [ in reply to He's an idiot. How many TOs and busted coverages did they ]

He may have been thinking about gap soundness on offense and the times our DB's never got their heads turned, both have been season long problems.
The missed tackles and holding penalties weren't mistakes as such, the players were simply losing head to head battles with Clemson players.

Bama gave up 3X their avg Points allowed and double the yard

Jan 12, 2016, 10:25 PM

they were hanging on for dear life and you could hear the fingernails being dragged along the pavement.

Clemson needed one key play but Bama got it instead with the onsides kick.

Sometimes good teams hang on to win in the face of a tough opponent.

Re: Bama gave up 3X their avg Points allowed and double the yard

Jan 12, 2016, 10:29 PM

This guy gets it. Probably was the best college football game of the year. Both teams probably play again next year

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 12, 2016, 10:54 PM

I thought he went out of his way to give Clemson credit. He basically said he called the onside kick because he needed to do something to slow Clemson down.....and that was good coaching.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

interesting...

Jan 12, 2016, 11:33 PM

Everything I've heard Saban say before and after the game about Clemson has been complementary. He seems to feel fortunate to win AND I've heard him say that Clemson was the best team he's had to beat in any of his Championships.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

poorly

Jan 13, 2016, 11:27 AM

And he overestimates his sec foes, like most.

Re: poorly

Jan 13, 2016, 11:30 AM

I haven't heard anything from Saban that insults our team or their effort. Both teams made mistakes (busted coverages) that allowed a lot of points to be scored.

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic