Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Ashamed of some of you so-called Tigers
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 1

Ashamed of some of you so-called Tigers

Sep 21, 2014, 12:05 AM

Coaches called a great game on both sides of the ball.

Our coaches didn't snap one over Watsons head at the one yd line.

Our coaches didn't miss two field goals.

Our coaches didn't fumble in the red zone.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I am a bitter and angry man.

Re: Ashamed of some of you so-called Tigers

Sep 21, 2014, 12:06 AM

What about blaming the players, left that out

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Some of the kids made mistakes.

Sep 21, 2014, 12:08 AM

It sucks but that's what happened.

Missed kicks, bad snaps and fumbles have little to do w coaching.

I am a bitter and angry man.

Absolutely stupid statement. Morris is a statistics freak.

Sep 21, 2014, 12:12 AM

What are the odds on 4 tries from the 6" line if you put the QB under center? Defending the indefensible.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Exactly...

Sep 21, 2014, 12:15 AM

I blew a gasket yelling about a shotgun formation at the inch yard line. That play right there cost us the game. The OT was just more of the same and troubling that Morris didn't learn his lesson the first time. Unreal. This is bad and Morris may need to move on.

Our coaches did call conservative play-calling at key points in the game...the three and out that put our D back on the field for the quick FSU TD was Georgia-esque

our coaches can't run an offense

you left that statement off your rant

Re: our coaches can't run an offense

Sep 21, 2014, 12:25 AM

Our coaches called good enough of a game to win.

null

Let's Address Each of those Points........

Sep 21, 2014, 12:07 AM

Coaches called a great game on both sides of the ball.

No...Chad Put DW in bad situations all night

Our coaches didn't snap one over Watsons head at the one yd line.

See the 1st reply...Who call a Shotgun snap?

Our coaches didn't miss two field goals.

See the first 2 answers...we should not have needed a field goal

Our coaches didn't fumble in the red zone.

See the last 3 comments....Play selection

Message was edited by: The FIGHTINGDABOS®

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

And you are an idiot.

Sep 21, 2014, 12:07 AM

Nm

Sep 21, 2014, 12:08 AM

But our coaches did run the ball on virtually every first down and have our QB in the shot-gun on the six inch line. Get your facts straight.

Sep 21, 2014, 12:09 AM

Their backup QB was not very good at all....Night and day with J Winston if we're being honest

They are who we thought they were....and we let them off the hook!

Great game? Are you serious, Clark?***

Sep 21, 2014, 12:09 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Sep 21, 2014, 12:10 AM

Yes your such a "true" fan cause you wanna find a way to blame players who CHOSE Clemson over coaches paid big bucks. FU you idiot. You don't run shotgun from the 2-inch line nor on 4th and 0.5. Go to bed, Stupid.

Sep 21, 2014, 12:10 AM

But the coaches took their foot off the pedal on both sides of the ball with a 7 point lead in the 4th. The coaches called a timeout on 3rd down at the end of regulation when FSU would've been forced to run another play giving us an opportunity at sending a full-house punt block. The coaches forced a backup center to make a shotgun snap 6 inches from the goal line. The coaches called a spread formation dive on 4th and <1 in overtime. The coaches don't have a single lead-back, under-center formation in the playbook despite the fact that it's been around since football started.

It would have been statistically much more dangerous to snap

Sep 21, 2014, 12:19 AM

the ball under center with two players that aren't used to doing that. The worst case scenario isn't as bad in that situation, but it's a case of hindsight is 20/20.

The coaches expect the players not to make boneheaded mistakes. They call the game with that in mind. Calling a game with the expectation that your players are going to oversnap, have an untimely fumble, miss a huge block on what would have been a huge gain screen pass, miss two field goals, have a DB fall down in pass coverage, or underthrow and easy Leggett TD then they would be expected to be ultra conservative.

On the drive following the FSU punt after we had gained the lead didn't make sense to throw the ball deep. The smart thing to do is to have a long sustained drive. Going for an intermediate route in there wouldn't have hurt, but FSU was looking for that.

If you watch the film and study it and still feel the same way then I'll gladly debate in more detail.

Right now I'm ashamed you are defending them...shotgun

Sep 21, 2014, 12:11 AM

Snaps in short yardage is STUPID, end of story... Stop being offended and ashamed of fans and be offended by coaches who seem clueless!!

#### coot!!

It's becoming evident that a lot of people on here are

Sep 21, 2014, 12:11 AM

practically clueless. There may be a couple plays where you could question the coaches, but the coaches overall called one of the best games they have in a long time.

We lost this game because of our lack of a reliable kicker. It could be left at that. The bad snap and the fumble were the other two huge problems. The only bad defensive play was the big TD by Rashad Greene when Alexander fell down.

If you guys still think it's Dabo or Morris that cost us this game then you probably don't know a whole heck of a lot about football other than from watching TV. If you had ever played you wouldn't be so against the playcalling with one notable exception; lining up in the shotgun in short yardage. However, given that is our base offense, it is explainable, even if it isn't always the seemingly obvious decision.

Coaches Only Need to Make about 3-5 bad decisions to lose

Sep 21, 2014, 12:13 AM

And they did tonight...Big time...and they get paid millions to not make the bad decisions.

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

You know nothing about football with comments like being the

Sep 21, 2014, 12:13 AM [ in reply to It's becoming evident that a lot of people on here are ]

best play calling and gameplan! That is a dumb statement made by an obvious Coot...

Figures I would be called a coot for disagreeing with you.

Sep 21, 2014, 12:24 AM

You can assume what you want about how much I know about football, but I would be willing to bet money that I'm one of only an extremely small percentage of posters on here that actually played football in both HS and college.

But then again maybe my coaches all of those years weren't teaching me how to play the game or study film or make adjustments. They were probably all lying the whole time. I must be an idiot coot that doesn't know anything about the game.

First among them is you

Sep 21, 2014, 12:18 AM [ in reply to It's becoming evident that a lot of people on here are ]

Watch a little football.

When you have 1st or 2nd & goal from the Freaking 1 yard line, you RUN THE FOOTBALL!!!!

Why, oh why are we running shotgun there?

Chad should be made to walk home from Tally.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I mentioned the shotgun from the 1.

Sep 21, 2014, 12:27 AM

But I've done much more than just watch football. I actually played from JV all the way through Div-II college football at Newberry.

But I'm probably clueless about the game.

Re: It's becoming evident that a lot of people on here are

Sep 21, 2014, 12:19 AM [ in reply to It's becoming evident that a lot of people on here are ]

Yeah if Battle makes the block on the left side 3rd down, there's a td. If Cole makes the EASY pass to Leggett 2nd drive, td. Lakip- u know. I guess It was sooo dumb to run It up the middle with two minutes left too wasnt It? (Coaches didnt fumble). Guillermo goes down so Norton has to come in, shotgun is what's normal for us so why go away from that? It was a string of mishaps from multiple individuals, including the coaches.
That being said, we played a heck of a ball game and came close to doing something never been done before with an actual freshman qb. Give the guys a freakin break you all act like they don't wanna win more than each of us combined good grief.
10-2 ain't bad and I don't see anyone else on the schedule that can beat us even if we make some of those mistakes again.

Our Coaches HAD us in shotgun at the 1!!!

Sep 21, 2014, 12:13 AM

Why are we paying $1.3 M for on the Job training!!!!! That's F@ckn ridiculous!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Our Coaches HAD us in shotgun at the 1!!!

Sep 21, 2014, 12:19 AM

Yep, pathetic. Why can't he get a clue, I'm ready for him to leave, like ASAP. I don't give a #### about scoring on weak teams, we get our ##### handed to us against good teams.... We may win some but we will never win with his style... NEVER... Rather score 17 and beat FSU than score 73 on SC State... Move on Chad

Fans who defend that must be coaching staff's family

Sep 21, 2014, 12:21 AM [ in reply to Our Coaches HAD us in shotgun at the 1!!! ]

One poster in the first half said these high snaps were going to cost us yet the million dollar staff loses the game because they didn't address it. FAIL STAFF. FAIL.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Alright Bear Bryant, what should they have done to address

Sep 21, 2014, 12:31 AM

the high snaps? I'm sure they addressed them verbally. But what adjustments?

Maybe we should have changed our entire offensive philosophy and playbook mid-game because of the high snapping. I wonder how many fumbles there would have been if DW had been moved under center on unfamiliar plays.

What other solution would you suggest?

No, but

Sep 21, 2014, 12:29 AM

our coaches continue to call plays from the shotgun with 1 yard to gain. I am so over this

Sep 21, 2014, 12:44 AM

Our coaches didn't start the best QB to begin the game for starters.

Our coaches didn't call a timeout to review an obvious TD that the FSU refs obviously weren't going to review.

Our coaches continue to run out of a shotgun formations with no lead blockers critical 1 yard or less plays.

Our coaches should have kicked the field goal if they were going to call that ridiculous play at the end.

Our coaches cost us this game.

Case closed.

Sep 21, 2014, 12:46 AM

You are saying that call play on 4th and 1 in OT was a good call?

Replies: 30
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic