Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
As a Clemson FB Fan, are you a D or an O Fan?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 33
| visibility 1

As a Clemson FB Fan, are you a D or an O Fan?

Sep 18, 2019, 4:02 PM

I love the D since it was our mainstay going back to my 1959 days..the Howard 1960-70 years..and then the Ford tenure..and for sure the many heart-stopping but thrilling successful goal-line stands in the past few years (like against Bama in last Natty and vs GT & Cuse recently).

How bout you Tiger?

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Always enjoy when the D makes a stand leading to an O

Sep 18, 2019, 4:10 PM

touchdown

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

thats odd

Sep 18, 2019, 5:17 PM

I took you for a many who is very D enthused.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I love the potent offenses, but, if I had to choose, give

Sep 18, 2019, 4:11 PM

me the great defense. Great defenses can actually score points, but great offenses rarely play good defense when called upon. (Except for Trevor Lawrence, who makes Heisman worthy saving tackles following interceptions.) :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I love the potent offenses, but, if I had to choose, give

Sep 18, 2019, 7:43 PM

I like to be specific when responding to a question of this sort so I prefer the D if our opponent is playing offense. On the other hand I prefer the O if our opponent is playing defense.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'll take "Obvious Answers" for $1000, Alex.

Sep 18, 2019, 4:11 PM

BOTH. ;)

We know what Bob is a fan of.

Sep 18, 2019, 4:13 PM

cutigerbob®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Always enjoy the O but I'm really becoming a fan of our new

Sep 18, 2019, 4:20 PM

D...speed all over the back end confusing the opposing QB...blitzing from all over on any play...O doesn't know where its coming from and how to call the protection...really fun to watch...hey coach "Greenbeans" you've done it again

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: As a Clemson FB Fan, are you a D or an O Fan?

Sep 18, 2019, 4:21 PM

All of the above but mainly just
win baby.

Sep 18, 2019, 4:22 PM

DDD

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 18, 2019, 4:28 PM

Absolutely Defense!!!
It's great scoring points, but you only win if you can stop the other team.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

just gotta say...

Sep 18, 2019, 4:29 PM

cutigerbob® loves the D...

at least that's what classof1994® says

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you know next time you may never get back on***

Sep 18, 2019, 4:30 PM

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Both of you

Sep 18, 2019, 5:04 PM

took the words right out of my mouth.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Unfair question. I think mostly the D but I love a good 97 yard run bu

Sep 18, 2019, 4:32 PM

ETN or a ridiculous pass and catch from Trevor to Ross. And some of my fave memories a goal line stance with Ben Boulware in the mix vs Notre Dame or a beautiful short yardage pass from DW4 to Renfrow. I just can’t decide.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The BIG O as in....

Sep 18, 2019, 4:32 PM

bOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOth !!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Sep 18, 2019, 4:37 PM

Goal line stand vs Notre Dame in hurricane rain. Does not get better than that.

I'm pretty impatient...

Sep 18, 2019, 4:41 PM

I watch the trenches to get my indicators of how a game will go. I was blown away when Coach V did all that he did with a three man front, and the variations from that. Out offensive line is looking really good, perhaps better than last year. The second team is good as well.
After watching Alabama in a couple of games, they are not where they should be this year with their linemen. I think it is really going to be Roll Tired coming down the wire for them.

Sep 18, 2019, 4:43 PM

I’m a Clemson Fan an I’m a fan of Clemson winning with class and domination, more domination than ever thought was possible at Clemson. I’m so grateful for Dabo’s vision to believe we could be the best an other schools would like to be like us.

Part of my family on my moms side live in Elberton(My birthplace), Royston, Washington and Athens, Ga. and you can guess they love the doggies. It’s hilarious to hear them talk about Kirby Smart doing what Dabo’s done. They are saying they want to be like Clemson and even some Alabama fans have said they got Tua so they could keep up with Clemson. Dabo changed how we all think of a Clemson by having faith we were the best as our standard.

I think we have fans all across the nation that have become Clemson fans and the best is yet to come because we’re jjjust getting started!! If we did it once we did it twice and then three times so we became consistent. I hope this year is our 3rd time with Dabo and we get Georgia and then Alabama in the playoffs!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

depends on if we have the ball or not...***

Sep 18, 2019, 4:46 PM

yes***

Sep 18, 2019, 4:52 PM

Clemson Football, the glory days are here!

Exactly!***

Sep 18, 2019, 6:24 PM

Sep 18, 2019, 4:53 PM

Which of my sons do I like best? The older, fun-loving, funny music major? The younger, geeky, thinker who loves every subject in school?

They are both athletic, smart and good musicians and I love them the same even though they are different.

Same with Clemson O and D. Love 'em both.

I love the D***

Sep 18, 2019, 5:05 PM

??***

Sep 18, 2019, 7:32 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Sep 18, 2019, 5:16 PM

Both!!

Sep 18, 2019, 5:17 PM

Always Love Defense, nothing more sweeter than a goal line stand!! Plus they get the ball back to the offense!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Give me the D all day long!!!!***

Sep 18, 2019, 5:21 PM

Re: Give me the D all day long!!!!***

Sep 18, 2019, 5:43 PM

It’s really hard to choose but Venables is a genius

Sep 18, 2019, 6:16 PM

This 3-2-6 scheme that he rolled out is incredible. Freeing up Isaiah Simmons to be able to do so many things and bringing pressure from so many angles.

I love watching Venables defenses. They are always spectacular when backed up against the goal line too.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 18, 2019, 6:32 PM

D- wins ballgames
O- sells tickets

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Defense. by a mile 1/2

Sep 18, 2019, 7:05 PM

Defense wins championships. Offense puts fannies in the seats.

I could watch good defense all day. Why HRT? Because, the offense knows where it's going; the defense has to react; so built in advantage. If you can still impose your will "more often than not" on a team despite that built in advantage you're doing something special!
Plus you have to love BV and his intensity! Coach V seems like a complete genuine good guy until he starts talking about: eye discipline, inside/outside leverage, which shoulder to present, breaking down on a ball, etc. then he snaps into "somebody freaking else"! Vinny.

I like offense as it relates to supporting the defensive effort!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 18, 2019, 7:12 PM

D man myself but when I coached Junior High kids in the Midwest, I enjoyed reading the defenses and coaching the offense to beat it.

I'll never forget what a young freshman Clemson football player once said in an interview with a local sports writer, "if the other team can't score, you can never lose."

Sep 18, 2019, 7:51 PM

Yes!

Replies: 33
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic