Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Article in post and courier this morning
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 50
| visibility 1

Article in post and courier this morning

Sep 22, 2017, 10:39 AM

Did anyone read the article in the post and courier this morning suggesting Tanner muse is a dirty player because of the targeting vs Louisville? Made me so frustrated i had to create an account to post about it

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Article in post and courier this morning

Sep 22, 2017, 10:42 AM

No...post the link.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 22, 2017, 10:43 AM

Sorry should have included that in the original post

http://www.postandcourier.com/sports/is-clemson-safety-tanner-muse-too-reckless-on-the-field/article_0369692c-9efd-11e7-bd50-2fada0c26482.html

I've watched Tanner a good bit...a tough hard hitter in the

Sep 22, 2017, 10:51 AM

mold of Ben Boulware but dirty??? No way...they're just looking for something about Clemson that they can complain about...jealousy is strong with those folks

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Article in post and courier this morning- if he seeswhat

Sep 22, 2017, 11:02 AM [ in reply to Re: Article in post and courier this morning ]

he hits he isnt using the crown and there is no problem even as the guy falls. I doget intrigued how our guys take shots in the head several times a game and it is never called but iof we tap someone - flag

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Article in post and courier this morning- if he seeswhat

Sep 22, 2017, 1:19 PM

In fairness, Dabo said twice on Packer's show yesterday that the call was correct. But I'm with you that we never seem to get targeting called on other teams when they target our players.

Sep 22, 2017, 11:33 AM [ in reply to Re: Article in post and courier this morning ]

What a joke! In every game Clemson gets called for targeting a Clemson player is targeted and no call. 14 ##### game Stephens got a targeting call for a mere touch when he could not hold up. A chicken helmeted DW at full speed on his touchdown. Nothing. Tanner hit Lamar after he ducked his head. No injury. Jam it P&C!

Terrible article....

she made it sounds like there are several around college football questioning Muse's intentions. Talk about FAKE NEWS

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Articles like THIS are why there is less and less trust in

Sep 22, 2017, 10:49 AM

the news media and why the term FAKE NEWS has been coined.

In his playing career(He did play last year)he has had ONE targeting call. He has had ONE personal foul for a late hit out of bounds that was total crap, should not have been called. So her conclusion based of two penalties is that a player is reckless. She also sites "people around the country" questioning his play, yet she names nobody. Lazy, lazy journalism...but she is a UNC grad, so she probably never went to class anyways.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Fake News was coined for false stories being widely spread...

Sep 22, 2017, 11:52 AM

and believed by some in the previous election cycle. Russian intelligence played a large role in getting false news stories promoted

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Fake News was coined for false stories being widely spread...

Sep 22, 2017, 12:21 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Link

http://www.postandcourier.com/sports/is-clemson-safety-tanner-muse-too-reckless-on-the-field/article_0369692c-9efd-11e7-bd50-2fada0c26482.html

Link

Sep 22, 2017, 10:43 AM

Link Please

I read it this morning - total thing is BS

Sep 22, 2017, 10:44 AM

Title of article is "Is Tanner Muse DIRTY?!?" With a bunch of pundits all saying no. ### is the point in an article like that.

She must have changed it to "reckless", what I saw...

Sep 22, 2017, 10:52 AM

when I read it: "I don’t know Tanner at all. I’ve just seen him play. But I’ve never thought, ‘Oh, No. 19’s dirty’ or anything like that. I wouldn’t go that far."

Sep 22, 2017, 10:47 AM

I think "reckless" is not the correct term, but the guy plays like a psycho. I don't hate it and I'm not complaining at all, but I knew he'd get at least one targeting call on him this season because he just flies around out there.

Sep 22, 2017, 11:14 AM

How about that dirty play by the 'Bama linebacker who tried to take off DW4's head in the Natty? Don't hear too much griping about that. Personally, I'm glad we have a psycho in the backfield to replace Boulware. Will make ball carriers think twice about roaming with their heads down. :)

Sep 22, 2017, 11:26 AM

^^this guy gets it. I'd rather Muse play "dirty" and within the rules than be a sissy.

Snowflake Basher........Out

Just more pussification of America. It is dadgum football.

Sep 22, 2017, 11:30 AM

Not ballet.

Re: Just more pussification of America. It is dadgum football.

Sep 22, 2017, 12:58 PM

I wouldn't call this play dirty, but these rules aren't in place because "America is becoming pu$$ies." The rule is there to protect the players as it has been proven that these head shots increase the chances of head and spinal injuries. If these rules weren't made then the game of football would eventually be in danger of coming to an end.

Sep 22, 2017, 11:54 AM [ in reply to Re: Article in post and courier this morning ]

I never said I didn't like it. He's the safety version of Boulware in that aspect.

Every football team has a guy that has a few screws loose that almost enjoys inflicting pain, like he doesn't want to hurt anyone but that guy wants you to feel it when he pops you. That's what Muse is. His coverage skills have left a little to be desired at times, but man is he an instinctive and physical safety when he can creep down into the box and play the run.

Haven't read the article, but not surprised at all

Sep 22, 2017, 10:51 AM

Out of any player on our defense, Muse is definitely the one I would call "dirty." I don't necessarily think he is a bad dude, but he plays with bad intentions and looks like he is trying to inflict pain. Call it what you want, but he is our dirty player. Boulware was last year. Muse is this year. You gotta have one. It's not a bad thing as long as you don't actually hurt somebody or get a dumb penalty/ejection. Unfortunately that is exactly what he did. I think Muse might secretly enjoy getting called dirty.

Re: Haven't read the article, but not surprised at all

Sep 22, 2017, 10:59 AM

"Secretly enjoy getting called dirty"? Seriously? So, that means he has no respect for the rules of the game, doesn't respect his team or his coach's vision, and lacks accountability? Anything else missed?

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 22, 2017, 11:25 AM

Wow, you read a lot into that. Yes, surprisingly, a lot of players enjoy being the "enforcer". Ben Boulware was absolutely our enforcer last year. Headlocks, sumo slams, hard hits, kneeing opposing QBs in the head, etc. Many of these could be described as "dirty." Lots of people called Ben dirty. Did you see him stop doing any of this?

Muse does have a reputation already just through his high school career and his short career here. I have not said anything about him not respecting the rules or the coaches. You created all of that yourself.

But be realistic. Part of his game is instilling fear in the opponent. Making a WR think twice before he runs across the middle. Giving a QB a good reason not to scramble into his territory.

Sep 22, 2017, 11:11 AM [ in reply to Haven't read the article, but not surprised at all ]

Strongly disagree with you that Muse is a dirty player. I hope he continues to be aggressive and hits our opponent with the hard tackling. Watched play several times and feel he did not intentionally aim for the "head".

Sep 22, 2017, 11:28 AM

You clearly don't understand the rule then. The rule does not care where you hit the opponent (head, chest, legs, anywhere). The rule is about what part of YOU hits the opponent. If you lead with the crown of your helmet and contact the opponent anywhere, that is targeting. That is absolutely what Muse did.

Sep 22, 2017, 12:14 PM

You are correct in everything you just said. However, it doesnt change the fact that the crown of the helmet IS the top of the body. When you initiate contact it is difficult to hit low without your head being out front. Look at the angles when Muse initiated contact and it appears he would have hit Jackson in the legs or torso with his shoulder. Unfortunately all the angles changed and he "led with the crown of his helmet".

Im a big fan of keeping the players safe which is the intent of this rule. However, being kicked out of a game and having articles written questioning how dirty you are for an unintentional foul is a bit much. JMHO.

Sep 22, 2017, 12:29 PM

I agree the article is a bit much. That's why I didn't read it and give her a click. That's all she wants.

It is extremely difficult to hit someone properly that is trying to dodge you. Especially someone as fast as Lameo. However, he should have been flagged. I don't necessarily agree with the ejection on your first offense. But it does send a message. I'd rather Muse be ejected and both of them be safe than the opposite. In the end, it is not worth risking their brains or spines. I'm sure BV and Dabo would agree.

Trying to knock the crap out of someone is not "Dirty".***

Sep 22, 2017, 11:31 AM [ in reply to Haven't read the article, but not surprised at all ]

What are you referring to?

Sep 22, 2017, 11:39 AM

Boulware or Muse?

Sep 22, 2017, 10:54 AM

Muse has been lowering his head all season, not going to say that is dirty but poor technique and surprising the coaching staff has not cleaned it up.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Title states "reckless" not "dirty"***

Sep 22, 2017, 10:54 AM

Everything about the article is poor.

Sep 22, 2017, 10:59 AM

The premise of the story is based on social media comments.
Then you have this quality journalism:

"Though Simmons was well prepared when called upon, even leading Clemson in tackles, that Muse put Clemson in that situation in is something he cannot do moving forward."

Yeah, ok.

Tanner should have been looking up. That's on him. I thought targeting was the right call based on the rule, but they need to call it consistenly.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

My new article

Sep 22, 2017, 11:02 AM

Is Grace Raynor A Real Person Or Is It Just a Pen Name For Lamar Jackson?
by Tiger_Thom (definitely not Tanner Muse)

An article was written on September 15th in which the sentence was written that Lamar Jackson would "make his plays." < http://goo.gl/pvfg3 >

Another was written a week letter as the cobwebs had been slowly clearing from the rattled Lamar Jackson in which it was asserted without evidence that people across the country are calling Tanner Muse a dirty player.

Coincidence? Let's examine the facts.

1) I've never seen Grace Raynor and Lamar Jackson in the same room.
2) Grace Raynor has not been seen publicly in a Louisville jersey. What is she hiding?

We spoke with multiple pundits across the country, and they all asserted that this notion is idiotic and that there exists zero evidence for it.

But do we really know? How can we really know? She must secretly be Lamar Jackson in disguise.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If she's not secretly Lamar Jackson...

Sep 22, 2017, 11:10 AM

why won't she publicly admit it?!?

Muse was about to have a heck of a hit on lamar

Sep 22, 2017, 11:08 AM

and lamar lowered his head at the last second. If he hadn't, Muse would have made contact with his shoulderpad.

Wasn't a dirty play.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Muse was about to have a heck of a hit on lamar

Sep 22, 2017, 11:34 AM

call it what you want, it is dumb any time a college player lowers his head at full speed like that. It can lead to compressive spinal injuries in the tackler and increases the likely hood of both players suffering a concussion.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Led with the top of his helmet = targeting.***

Sep 22, 2017, 11:35 AM [ in reply to Muse was about to have a heck of a hit on lamar ]

Re: Led with the top of his helmet = targeting.***

Sep 22, 2017, 11:59 AM

This is the Post and Courier's article on targeting from last year. Completely different tone when it's the coots that are ejected for targeting. Fake journalism. They have an agenda and they are pumping that agenda. Fake paper, fake journalists, fake story, fake honesty, fake concern. Honesty in journalism is part of the bedrock foundation of a decent society. Post and Courier needs to move their shifting sands propaganda show to some third world country, where it belongs.

http://www.postandcourier.com/sports/worry-about-targeting-despite-ejections-gamecocks-will-still-just-hit/article_13fa4072-a773-11e6-af1e-575dc2772988.html

Sep 22, 2017, 12:30 PM

Was this supposed to be a response to me?

Sep 22, 2017, 12:50 PM

No. He led with the top of his helmet and he was punished exactly as the rules stated he should be. Having a newspaper imply that there was more to it than that, based on one incedent, is utter hogwash.

Sep 22, 2017, 1:07 PM

Oh I agree. I was confused as to why it was a response to me.

Grace Raynor is a recent Tar Heel journalism grad

Sep 22, 2017, 12:09 PM

I wasn't pleased when they made her their Clemson beat writer.

Here is my reply to her:

To my knowledge, Muse has exactly one ... ONE ... targeting call on his resume. His coach explained that it was avoidable, not because of the angle Muse took on his approach, but because he should have met the runner further in the backfield. In other words he was out of position. He was not suggesting that the tackle should have been made differently. If he gets flagged again this season, you might have an article. For now though, you're making something out of nothing.

We are all just helping her now

Sep 22, 2017, 12:32 PM

She is just trying to generate traffic and posting this here is doing that. Replying to her is even better.

Re: We are all just helping her now

Sep 22, 2017, 12:40 PM

If you go back and watch the play, you will see that Jackson lowered his head, as if to get a targeting call. Flame out.

Re: We are all just helping her now

Sep 22, 2017, 1:09 PM

I think you replied to the wrong person.

I know her personally. She's a tiger fan.***

Sep 22, 2017, 12:54 PM [ in reply to Grace Raynor is a recent Tar Heel journalism grad ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Tells me all I need to know:

Sep 22, 2017, 12:40 PM

Grace Raynor
Bio
Grace is the Post and Courier's Clemson reporter, living in the upstate after spending a year in Charleston as a general assignment sports reporter. She graduated from the University of North Carolina with a degree in journalism.

Well, aspiring journalists can't go to Clemson.***

Sep 22, 2017, 12:55 PM

There's something in these hills.

Shhh... that interferes with the narrative***

Sep 22, 2017, 12:57 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me.

Grace Raynor also voted Clemson #1 in latest AP poll

Sep 22, 2017, 12:59 PM [ in reply to Tells me all I need to know: ]

Clearly she hates us.

http://collegepolltracker.com/football/pollster/grace-raynor/2017/week-4

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me.

Replies: 50
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic