Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
DEER TXBUCK
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 46
| visibility 1

DEER TXBUCK

Dec 25, 2019, 9:20 PM

YOUR OHIO STATE "SUCK"EYES MAY THINK THEY WANT A PIECE OF CLEMSON.... MAY I REMIND YOU OF WHAT HAPPENED LAST TIME? 31-0

GO TIGERS!!!

PS.... SCREW WOODY HAYES!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller
Lt.General United States Marine Corps

Re: DEER TXBUCK

Dec 25, 2019, 9:23 PM

Good luck.
Go Bucks

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 25, 2019, 9:29 PM

Your boys gonna bring any manhood this time?

Asking for Mr. WILKINS

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Dec 25, 2019, 9:38 PM

Time will tell and good luck.
Go Bucks

Dec 25, 2019, 10:46 PM [ in reply to Re: DEER TXBUCK ]

So long as Clemson doesn't start tickling them again. Osu was a very predictable offense in 2016 with jt Barrett trying to run for a first down almost every third down. This year well see what happens when osu hits Clemson in the mouth the first time and see if Clemson can bring any manhood. Not sure if they will but if they do it'll be a heavyweight fight and osu wins a close one.

Good lawd

Dec 25, 2019, 10:52 PM

That "hit Clemson in the mouth" crap is so last decade. Get a new schtick, Goober.

Y'all will get hit back so hard you won't know what day it is.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Good lawd

Dec 25, 2019, 11:05 PM

Good luck with that. Obviously you haven't watched any osu football this year. Clemson's d line ain't as good as last year. Well see what happens on Saturday. For Clemson sake they should hope to play better than they did against wake forest when the score was 17-3 with about a minute left in the second quarter and wake forest was without both leading receivers the whole game and Clemson finally started to score. I can look passed the NC game because it was early in the year but that wake forest game was not that long ago. 17-3 late in the second quarter and the only reason wake scores was because your punter screwed up other than that wake didn't even really throw the ball. Better hope this game don't come down to field goals and special teams last I checked osu and Clemson rank in the top 5 of every category except special teams were osu ranks 5 and Clemson ranks 96th.

You be sure to come back on the 29th

Dec 25, 2019, 11:58 PM

K?

K

You a coot or something? Or just stupid as a nutnecklace?

Dec 26, 2019, 12:11 AM [ in reply to Re: Good lawd ]

Trying to belittle a team that was up by...wait for it...two touchdowns against an opponent in the...wait for it...1st half of a football game?

Re: You a coot or something? Or just stupid as a nutnecklace?

Dec 26, 2019, 12:25 AM

The score was 17-3 before wake forest threw an interception with a little over a minute left in the second quarter. Wake was also without both leading recievers and literally ran tje ball almost every down but still managed to score 3 points. After that Clemson ran away with the game but played like garbage for most of the first half. I've Watched all Clemson games and seriously think there a good team but don't think they blow osu out and its not even close to a blow out. Just think it's funny how some fans on both sides think there team blows the other out. Came to this board to learn something about Clemson but all I've learned is Clemson fans, just like other fans only see what they want to see and think they win by 2 or more scores. I only mentioned that game because it was more recent but Clemson didn't look unenviable against NC or Texas am. Trust me I'll be back on Sunday K

Dec 26, 2019, 9:07 AM

Watch on Saturday. There will be a time when that game will be just like the Wake game - a time in the 2nd quarter when it looks like y'all still have a chance to get back in the game.

Then our offense will go down the field in about 7 plays for another touchdown. Then with about 3 minutes left in the half, y'all will get the kickoff and our defense will quickly go three and out.
Then, with about 1:27 left, we'll go down the field in three big plays and score another right before the half and the game will be over.

Your team will go to halftime stunned. Your coaches will try to make adjustments, but there just won't be enough of them to catch us in the second half. In fact, you will have to abandon the run and so lose all of the advantages you think that you have.

You will have to put the game on young Mr. Field's arm (and in his head) and that will play to our defense's strength. Once you become one-dimensional, BV will let the dogs loose and it could get ugly - on both sides of the ball.

Dec 26, 2019, 10:23 AM

Well see good luck doing that against OSU def last I checked I think OSU def is a little better than wake forest and they also will not be without their top two receivers. So if they play like that in the first half against OSU the score may be closer to 24-7 OSU and Clemson will need to score quick to just catch up. Cant wait for the game and for OSU to run the ball all over Clemson. The only one that will stop dobbins is Simmons and Im sure OSU will have a game plan for him.

Dec 26, 2019, 11:33 AM

Yep, the other 10 are just in there in case Simmons needs a break. Nice evaluation of the defense. I love it when my seats are next smart and educated football experts like you. Makes for an entertaining game( or half in most cases).

RE:just stupid as a nutnecklace.

Dec 26, 2019, 10:12 AM [ in reply to Re: You a coot or something? Or just stupid as a nutnecklace? ]

Thank you for answering me. Now I know.

P.S.
Here in Clemson we play 4 quarter football. Hth.

It was 24-3 before the INT that allowed us to go into the

Dec 26, 2019, 10:33 AM [ in reply to Re: You a coot or something? Or just stupid as a nutnecklace? ]

half up 31-3. We finished the game 52-3 after pulling TL about half way through the 3rd. They gained 105 yards of total offense against us...again, with back ups playing more than a quarter, and finished with five first downs.

This is it? This is your smack talk?

Yiiiiikes.

null

Dec 26, 2019, 12:25 AM [ in reply to You a coot or something? Or just stupid as a nutnecklace? ]

The score was 17-3 before wake forest threw an interception with a little over a minute left in the second quarter. Wake was also without both leading recievers and literally ran tje ball almost every down but still managed to score 3 points. After that Clemson ran away with the game but played like garbage for most of the first half. I've Watched all Clemson games and seriously think there a good team but don't think they blow osu out and its not even close to a blow out. Just think it's funny how some fans on both sides think there team blows the other out. Came to this board to learn something about Clemson but all I've learned is Clemson fans, just like other fans only see what they want to see and think they win by 2 or more scores. I only mentioned that game because it was more recent but Clemson didn't look unenviable against NC or Texas am. Trust me I'll be back on Sunday K

Dec 26, 2019, 9:11 AM

That's why the game is 60 minutes long. You gotta play all 4 quarters. See ya Saturday - & Sunday

If we're going to cherry-pick halves of games

Dec 26, 2019, 12:15 AM [ in reply to Re: Good lawd ]

OSU's being down 21-7 to 1-dimensional Wisconsin doesn't worry me

Clemson

Re: If we're going to cherry-pick halves of games

Dec 26, 2019, 12:30 AM

I don't disagree but that Wisconsin team is better than any team Clemson has played all year and it was the second time they played. A lot easier for the team that lost the first time to adjust for the second game than the team that won. Also like how you didn't comment as to why Clemson looked so lackluster in the first half of the wake forest game. I think the game on Saturday is close but give the edge to osu because Clemson special teams is hit or miss.

Don't disagree that Wisconsin is better than teams we faced

Dec 26, 2019, 1:29 AM

but that team was extremely 1-dimensional and ran all over OSU the first half. Outside of 1 drive, OSU used more time off the clock in that first half than Wisconsin did. Why is it easier for the team that lost and not the team that won? Are you saying it took a whole half for the OSU staff to adjust to changes Wisconsin did, which seemed to be 'run the ball with everyone'?

I was mostly responding to your idea of cherry-picking a single half (and not even the entire half) of a game to determine how well a team will play. Wake was mid November, Wisc was your last game, so I'd imagine that's more telling of a game to OSU than Clemson.

As for why we looked 'lackluster' in the Wake game, after our second touchdown, Wake had a 2 minute drive, we had a 4 minute drive ended by our punter messing up, Wake with a 2.5 minute FG drive, Clemson with a 2.5 minute 3 and out (?), a Wake 1.5 minute 3 and out, then we had a nearly 4-minute FG drive. After another pair of 3 and outs over 5.5 minutes and another Wake 3 and out for 1 minute, Clemson ended with TD, Wake INT, TD.

Maybe we took more time than normal because we didn't want their offense on the field? We only had 3 drives in the first half that didn't amount to points, and one drive was still 9 plays with 3 first downs. A bad sack and a worse punter gaff cost us 30+ yards.

I get it, for any team we didn't score on every possession, other fans/media/teams believe is a chink in Clemson's armor because cLeMsOn DoEsNt PlAy AnYoNe, but sometimes that's how it goes. If you choose to think the first 27 minutes of a game over a month ago is a litmus for a team, you do you.

As for your prediction, I can respect that. I think our defense can stand up to your offense more than yours can against ours due to our weapons, but you're right in that special teams is the weak link, for sure, and if it comes down to that, I will be concerned

Clemson

Re: Don't disagree that Wisconsin is better than teams we faced

Dec 26, 2019, 8:12 AM

I don't disagree both teams had some games were they could have and should have been a little better, but like I said just don't understand the disrespect for OSU and saying Clemson will dominate the whole game.

I wasn't really cherry picking one game just pointing out that Clemson has not been dominate every quarter of every game all year. Regardless I am expecting a great close game. I respect your opinion as well if I was a Clemsons fan Id probably think they win a close one that's how evenly matched I think both these teams are.

Are you saying OSU fans don't disrespect Clemson on an OSU

Dec 26, 2019, 8:35 AM

message board?

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Re: Are you saying OSU fans don't disrespect Clemson on an OSU

Dec 26, 2019, 10:15 AM

For the most part on OSU message boards are saying its going to be a good game but you do have those fans who obviously haven't watched any Clemson games and are homers who say its going to be a blowout. But this message board is by far more arrogant than any OSU one I have seen. I give Clemson their respect I mean I don't care for Dabo but I respect what he has accomplished as a coach the past several years and it is really impressive. Kind of crazy to think what they will do with the number 1 recruiting class now. Regardless Clemson fans keep wanting to play the victim like no one is giving them credit. I don't watch ESPN much but these two past weeks everytime I turn it on all they talk about is how good Clemson is. They literally haven't even brought up OSU in any segement Ive watched. Clemson is a good team but everything I hear is how Clemson is going to destroy OSU because they beat them 31-0 four years ago. Regardless we will on Saturday and if Im wrong I will come back and admit it. Im not that type of fan.

Dec 26, 2019, 10:05 AM [ in reply to Re: If we're going to cherry-pick halves of games ]

Funny you keep mentioning Wake Forest because that’s who I compare OSU’s overall team speed to. Clemson will be up 17-3 or so at half this Saturday too. The second half is when OSU will really watch Clemson’s run away with it.

Dec 26, 2019, 10:38 AM

Wow, Ill be honest you just blew my mind I don't even have a come back for that. OSU is comparable to wake forest, man have you watched any football outside Clemson or the ACC?

Dec 26, 2019, 3:31 PM [ in reply to Re: If we're going to cherry-pick halves of games ]

I would not hang my hat on our special teams being the difference regardless of ranking. Our punt team is not great but we rarely give up the big play. Our FG team has not been great, but Potter has a big leg and almost has been more accurate from 50+. As for the rest, they are not only solid but good.

The punt return team is deceiving because the coaching staff would rather play it safe and give it to our explosive offense. Don't know if that changes playing a better defense or not but it plays a large part into the ranking. It hasn't helped that we have played against 4 or 5 Guy Award finalist from the last couple of years this year either.

I don't know but I would guess that our kickoff team is ranked pretty well. As I said before, Potter has a big leg. I doubt that you will get to return a kickoff unless you do it from 3 yards deep and if we are kicking off that's not a good thing for you anyhow. Our KO return team is also pretty good but most games we don't get to see it much.

Count on your special teams all you want, but be warned that much of our ranking is due to conservative play. We'll count on our offense and defense to win the game and the special teams to manage it. Even if special teams are the difference, I don't feel to bad about our chances. It's usually big plays when that is the case and we are more likely to get them than give them up. Both offenses have enough fire power that I am not concerned about a few yards here and there in a field position battle. We'll see on Saturday.

Dec 26, 2019, 8:19 AM [ in reply to Re: Good lawd ]

LOLOL - Any fan of some Ohio team that trailed to an average Wisky team 21-3 at halftime should never talk about any other team. Drink more buknut juice.

Dec 26, 2019, 2:49 PM

Funny because when OSU played Wis that was their third ranked opponent in three weeks. Overrated are not every team OSU played in the three week span is better than any team Clemson beat. I wouldn't expect you to understand how that works. My point is Clemson is not invincible. I didn't bring up the NC or Texas AM game because I don't put much into games at the beginning of the season.

Dec 26, 2019, 11:22 AM [ in reply to Good lawd ]

Yeah, you guys dominated a very good Cinci, PSU and Mich squad. Give me a break.

Please stay in 0310

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 26, 2019, 2:23 PM

That's funny because every team you just mentioned is better than any team Clemson has faced all year. EVERY SINGLE ONE!

Look ya got another scrub hand me down QB from Thrift Store

Dec 26, 2019, 12:01 AM [ in reply to Re: DEER TXBUCK ]

of football. Please go recruit a real one then come back. Fields will be exposed.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Look ya got another scrub hand me down QB from Thrift Store

Dec 26, 2019, 12:34 AM

That's funny considering fields threw 40 tds and 1 int but if that makes you a hand me down thrift store qb then I hope they get another one. Better hope TL doesn't have a case of the int like he didn't early in the season

Dec 26, 2019, 1:43 AM

I think he meant Rent-a-QB from the One And Done Store.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Dec 26, 2019, 8:13 AM

Well considering Fields has at least one more year before he can go pro that statement is just incorrect.

Dec 26, 2019, 12:15 AM [ in reply to Re: DEER TXBUCK ]

Sorry just ain't that worried about ol Day's one hit never was nuteyes.

Dec 26, 2019, 12:48 AM

Well feel bad for u come Saturday once the game starts since you think it wont be close. You obviously haven't watched osu play. If I just watched osu play all year I wouldnt be worried about Clemson either.

Dec 26, 2019, 12:48 AM [ in reply to Re: DEER TXBUCK ]

Well feel bad for u come Saturday once the game starts since you think it wont be close. You obviously haven't watched osu play. If I just watched osu play all year I wouldnt be worried about Clemson either.

Dec 26, 2019, 9:16 AM

Hey Buck,

I think you are very wrong, but good on you for hanging in here on this site while everyone and his brother takes a run at you. If you didn't believe in your team 100% you wouldn't be a fan that we could respect. We are gonna give you grief by the bushel, but I have some respect for the die-hard fan.

See ya' Sunday.

Dec 26, 2019, 2:34 PM

Clemson is a heck of a team and has a heck of a coach. Ill be honest I just came to this board to maybe learn something about Clemson but really just learned from watching all their games. Its going to be a tough fought game and I agree Clemson is going to throw some stuff at OSU but so is OSU. Well see what happens Saturday night. I'm obviously an OSU fan but I wouldn't be surprised to see either team win a close one.

Dec 26, 2019, 9:10 AM [ in reply to Re: DEER TXBUCK ]

Clemson's gonna run up and down the field on your overrated defense .
Whatever you get on offense will be mightily earned . How many games did yall wun this year scoring 17-24 points , because that's about what I would expect y'all to get if our defense plays it's B-game .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Dec 26, 2019, 2:45 PM

So if the def plays their B game OSU scores 17-24. See to me your opinion doesn't even matter because your obviously a homer. Obviously you haven't seen them play or your just so confident that Clemson is so superior to every football team that has ever played the game and Dabo is the second coming. Seriously man that comment is so absurd. OSU has averaged more points per game than any other school this year including Clemson against better competition yet if Clemson plays their B game they only score between 17-24.

I'm 16 hrs behind this conversation.. but

Dec 26, 2019, 2:53 PM

I have read all your responses.

If you replace Notre Dame everywhere you write OSU and put in Syracuse everywhere you mention Wake forest.. this whole thread is exactly the same as this time last year.

Almost word for word.

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

0 for forever

Dec 26, 2019, 3:43 PM [ in reply to Re: DEER TXBUCK ]

What part of that is so hard for you to understand?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We don't need luck.

Dec 25, 2019, 10:31 PM [ in reply to Re: DEER TXBUCK ]

We have superstars.

Re: We don't need luck.

Dec 25, 2019, 10:56 PM

not just superstar players,but experienced superstar players,not to mention experienced superstar coaches.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Dec 25, 2019, 9:48 PM

Saw this floating around a while back. Pretty funny.

Dec 26, 2019, 10:16 AM

Are the Bucks going to choke on the big stage. We know who doesn't have stage fright.

Also Fields is MAYBE a slightly better version of Kelly Bryant. If Dobbins is shutdown its going to be a very long night.

I'm expecting a classic Venables pressure scheme with the box loaded. The Virginia game plan was a ruse just like the South Carolina game plan last year.

Replies: 46
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic