Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Anyone else think that Cain could have had a few extra
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

Anyone else think that Cain could have had a few extra

Nov 6, 2017, 4:31 PM

catches if he would lay out? At least three occasions this year the ball seems to have been close enough but he didn't lay out. Watch the second play in the first video from this story. Was that close enough to lay out?

https://www.tigernet.com/story/football/Second-Look-Grading-Clemson-versus-NC-State-16372

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes, I have noticed this as well. He may not get to them,

Nov 6, 2017, 4:45 PM

but make the effort.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Anyone else think that Cain could have had a few extra

Nov 6, 2017, 4:46 PM

I agree he is no MW he doesn't get 50/50 balls much. But he has to be frustrated when he is wide open and the ball is way off target. I personally think he needs another year to work on ball skills. There are plenty of speedy DB's in the NFL.

Cain is a mismatch. No one this year has been able to cover

Nov 6, 2017, 4:47 PM

him, we just haven't got the ball to him like we should. We did a better job Saturday and against VT

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Exactly***

Nov 6, 2017, 4:49 PM

Maybe like 2 passes. There were a number I thought he should have...

Nov 6, 2017, 4:48 PM

laid out but after watching the replay it still would have been too far even if he did layout. Cain had a good game Saturday and we need to continue to feed him, we haven't targeted him enough this season

Not as many as he would have had if NCS hadn't mugged him.***

Nov 6, 2017, 4:52 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 6, 2017, 5:08 PM

That's what I have been thinking as well. He doesn't seem to have the best hands and doesn't seem to want to lay out or go all effort on the 50/50 balls.

BUT that being said, I am comparing him to MIKE WILLIAMS who was an absolute beast and who had a QB, DW4 who was a generational QB. Cain is not MW and KB is not DW4 so its' really not a fair comparison. That being said, I don't THINK he is one of the better receivers in the Country, not based on ones that we have seen but I THINK he could be with a little more accurate QB and more effort on his part.

HUNTER, on the other hand, is the real deal, maximum effort every play and always makes the big play. Can you imagine if the TEXANS would get him to go with Nuke and Fuller? Love that kid

Nov 6, 2017, 5:46 PM

Said more than once "Mike Williams would have caught that ball." because it seems Cain is not going for it as hard as Mike did. Doesn't run his routes with full effort sometimes, too, and I think a few of the "overthrown" balls to him were due to under-running on receiver's part not overthrowing by the quarterback--SOME, not all.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maaayyybbbee . . . but KB's downfield accuracy and

Nov 6, 2017, 6:00 PM

effectiveness is much larger and more obvious concern.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

A main difference between Cain & Mike Williams & Renfrow

Nov 6, 2017, 6:47 PM

Cain's a huge talent and a terrific offensive weapon, but he doesn't attack the ball quite as hard as maybe he could / should.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic