Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Anybody know plans for University Union/Harcombe
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Anybody know plans for University Union/Harcombe

Apr 29, 2019, 10:30 AM

I know the plans are to raze the last part of Johnstone but what of Harcombe, the post office, the union, etc etc?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Based on how everything else on campus is going

Apr 29, 2019, 10:32 AM

It’s going to get a firsthand look at some dynamite

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It'll be sad to see Harcombe go....

Apr 29, 2019, 10:52 AM

Far as I know, there's still some food stuck on the ceiling from an epic 1988 food fight.

Hate that I can't show my kids around the lovable trash heap that was Johnstone.

I was at that food fight until bowls started flying then I l***

Apr 29, 2019, 11:16 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was there too....

Apr 29, 2019, 12:34 PM

I remember two in there, dont remember if they were both the same year.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I was at that food fight until bowls started flying then I l***

Apr 29, 2019, 1:24 PM [ in reply to I was at that food fight until bowls started flying then I l*** ]

Same thing happened in 1978

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Dude abides

Re: It'll be sad to see Harcombe go....

Apr 29, 2019, 11:26 AM [ in reply to It'll be sad to see Harcombe go.... ]

A group of us who were there when it happened refer to it as the spaghetti massacre. Recently threw away a jacket I was wearing when it started three tables over from us. Had stains on it that I couldn't get out. Showed it to my son who is a Sophomore there now; he thought it was "adorable".

Apr 29, 2019, 12:26 PM [ in reply to It'll be sad to see Harcombe go.... ]

Oh man.... Such fun memories. Glad someone else remembers that evening. There was a buzz around campus all day about the food fight that was to happen at Harcombe that evening. We sat over on the side and took our time eating just to watch the festivities. There were cafeteria workers patroling the floor looking for trouble. At some point the sounds of silverware clanking on drink glasses startes all over the cafeteria and you could feel the tension in the air. Then one roll/biscuit gets hurled across the room almost in slow motion and instantly there is food flying everywhere! Complete bedlam for a few minutes. That seems like 3 lifetimes ago and I still chuckle thinking about it!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 29, 2019, 1:29 PM

It always started with a single biscuit.

Apr 29, 2019, 12:32 PM [ in reply to It'll be sad to see Harcombe go.... ]

Definitely had fond memories of the stone...and hate that my part was razed before I got my wife to Clemson so she could see how it was. The shoe tree was still standing, however, the first time I took her there, so at least there was that.

No more 'PHD's

Apr 29, 2019, 11:31 AM

bitter sweet

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Re: Anybody know plans for University Union/Harcombe

Apr 29, 2019, 11:49 AM

A lot of people complained about the food at Harcombe.... I thought it was great - ate a lot ... got fat -:D

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

I liked the chicken sandwiches, and Ms. Rose...

Apr 29, 2019, 12:02 PM

...always greeted you "what you havin' today baby?"

Re: I liked the chicken sandwiches, and Ms. Rose...

Apr 29, 2019, 12:30 PM

And Ms. Iola the omelette lady, who knew her breakfast orders. Wouldn't even have to speak and within a couple minutes there was a smile from her, a "have a good day, Baby" and a large three-meat omelette on my plate.

Apr 29, 2019, 12:14 PM

I lived on Johnstone C-5 for 3 years back in the 80's...I fondly remember the writing on the restroom wall, "Flush twice; it's a long way to Harcombe!"

Apr 29, 2019, 1:15 PM

I lived on A-7 for 3 years - but in the 60’s .... wow - that’s a long time ago !! Still have fond memories of Johnstone ...,

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Apr 29, 2019, 12:58 PM

We had one 74-75 ish. Everyone ran away after, one buddy ( the instigator ) and I just stayed and finished eating amid the carnage. In retrospect it wss rude to leave such a mess for the staff to clean up. Sorry.

Apr 29, 2019, 1:33 PM

Forget the food fights. Remember the great Steak poisoning in the fall of 1969. Only the worst cases got into the Infirmary. Only ate shrimp after that "fun".

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic