Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
There’s our Clemson basketball team showing up vs..
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

There’s our Clemson basketball team showing up vs..

Feb 25, 2020, 11:09 PM

A lesser opponent and playing some good sound fundamental basketball 27 games into the season. Spring game is sneaking up on us though so there’s a good thing for the day... so frustrating

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: There’s our Clemson basketball team showing up vs..

Feb 25, 2020, 11:10 PM

Poor. Poor job of coaching.

Feb 25, 2020, 11:12 PM

Yea I think it was both... but like iv said on here many times and been bashed when a team shows up like that and looks that lost its on coaching not having the right mindset and having guys ready to play , how do you look so bad at simple basketball tasks and just play like you don’t even wanna be there on the boards and making simple passes

Feb 25, 2020, 11:21 PM

All points T O said we had to do in order to win.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 25, 2020, 11:24 PM [ in reply to Re: There’s our Clemson basketball team showing up vs.. ]

Maybe T.O. wouldn't be a bad choice for coach afterall. Spelled it out how to beat their zone and it looked like we did just the opposite... At least it looked like it. Same vs defense...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They got out of their zone a few minutes into the game....

Feb 25, 2020, 11:26 PM

It was GT's man-to-man defense that got us.
We did fine against the zone early....so they changed to man and eventually locked us down that way.
Had GT stayed in zone more....we probably would have scored more points.

Feb 25, 2020, 11:21 PM

I am not so sure Ga Tech is a lesser opponent

Alvarado was by FAR the best player on the floor tonight and any other night and the only player who come close to the NBA.

If he had stayed healthy this year Ga Tech would 17 or 18 wins or so and be a true bubble team if they were not on probation and ineligible.

Ga Tech is 2-7 and 5-6 against Q1 and Q2
Clemson is 2-6 and 5-5
Ga Tech has ONE Q3 loss and Clemson has 2
14-13 vs 13-14
Both teams are 5-5 in their last 10.

Almost identical records, same quality wins, a few bad losses and Ga Tech has a head to head win.

There is no evidence at all that Ga Tech is a lesser opponent

Feb 25, 2020, 11:26 PM

Based on the last three games and how we have looked, I believe that argument is valid... we “looked” like a diff team the last 3 games and I’m not sure what tech has done but I would venture to say anyone would agree that Clemson should have won that game , it’s the same ol crap though BB teams are nowhere near consistent on offense ... yes we can win big games with our def when we score 70 but there are WAY too many games a year we struggle to score 50 it seems and just look very bad doin it. And I also can’t agree with the best player on the floor, did you watch Simms the first half ? Just disappeared after that with absolutely no help from anyone else

Feb 25, 2020, 11:52 PM

The line for the Clemson Ga Tech was -2.5 for the bees so Vegas knew it was a toss-up with Tech the favorite due to home court

Over the last 10
Clemson 5-5
Ga Tech 6-4

Last 3
Clemson beat a very average Pitt team, beat a very off Louisville who could not find the bucket and an average BoCo team that is all over the place

Ga Tech beat the same very off bad week Louisville team who has now lost 3 out 5, they beat Wake who Clemson lost to and lost to Syracuse in the dome.

So Clemson had wins over Boston and Pitt and Tech had a win over Wake and a lost at Syracuse and both teams beat Louisville, seems pretty close to me.

and is Wofford a lesser team this season???

Feb 25, 2020, 11:30 PM [ in reply to Re: There’s our Clemson basketball team showing up vs.. ]

Va Tech fans want to know???

Re: and is Wofford a lesser team this season???

Feb 25, 2020, 11:38 PM

I am a realist unlike many folks on here.

I knew it would be a tough year when Young left for VPI and took 3 players with him.

We are a much lesser team this year than the team that won our conference for the 5 times, won back to back at Chapel Hill and won 30 games.

I am very much the realist and know exactly what Wofford is this year 15-13and designed to lose either in the Quarters or Semis in Asheville next week.

We have lost 5 SoCon games that were there for the taking and we found a way to lose. Last year we always found a way to win. These things always even out.

We lost a solid HC, our top recruit, a returning starter, and a redshirt transfer. All 3 would have been starters. I think if Young and the players stayed then Wofford would have had a chance to return to the NCAAs. But ETSU, UNCG and the Purple Pukes are very good this year.

Watch ETSU that team is solid and could make a STRONG RUN in the NCAAs. Steve Forbes is one of the best young coaches in the game and will be a great hire for some program in the next couple of years. Solid coach with a great team at ETSU.

Re: and is Wofford a lesser team this season???

Feb 25, 2020, 11:44 PM

Hit enter by mistake

Forbes is 187 - 49 as a head coach with wins over LSU this year and wins over Mississippi State, TCU, Ga Tech, and Dayton over the past few years. He is one of only 17 coaches in the country to win 100 games over the past 4 seasons.

I looked it up and he is not so young at 54 but will be a solid hire this offseason.

Feb 26, 2020, 2:27 AM [ in reply to Re: There’s our Clemson basketball team showing up vs.. ]

One consolation for me is that Bahre and Hunter hadn't been injured we probably win this game.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic