Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Deon Cain suffering from people telling him how great he is
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 3,275

Deon Cain suffering from people telling him how great he is

Apr 28, 2018, 2:59 PM

It's pretty evident.

Never won 50-50 battles, too many drops, and productivity dropped from 2015 to 2016 to 2017.

Hope he can turn things around and make a team.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Deon Cain suffering from people telling him how great he is

Apr 28, 2018, 3:39 PM

He did not put in the work, just got by on talent. He is still very much a 1 trick pony.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hold up a second there boss, look behind the numbers...

Apr 28, 2018, 3:44 PM

In 2016 some guy named Mike Willams came back from injury, and in 2017 he didn’t have a QB who could throw to him/throw him open.

Instead of kicking the young man who made a choice you would likely never understand, how about wishing him the best.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hold up a second there boss, look behind the numbers...

Apr 28, 2018, 3:50 PM

Why do people always want to view discussing facts as kicking someone down? Facts are facts... Those were things he did do, and things he could control and didn't. And what's happening right now in the draft seems to back it up.

Fact is, he cost himself. Rarely separated from coverage this past year, didn't catch many if any 50/50 balls to give any great highlights, dropped balls and lack of focus, and never really lived up to the hype. But he was still the higher stat receiver of the Tigers in 2017... Though regressed from a year where he played as a backup vs a year he didn't. Love how people act like KB had a really bad completion percentage... Which that's far from the truth. His and Deshaun's are honestly very close.

WHEN did somone opinions become facts?***

Apr 28, 2018, 10:29 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hold up a second there boss, look behind the numbers...

Apr 28, 2018, 10:51 PM [ in reply to Re: Hold up a second there boss, look behind the numbers... ]

Found some 50/50 balls.

https://youtu.be/e9Af7j5Clk0

And if you look behind the numbers re: Deshaun and KB2

Apr 28, 2018, 11:51 PM [ in reply to Re: Hold up a second there boss, look behind the numbers... ]

You will see that Deshaun attempted and completed far more difficult passes than KB did. I agree that Cain could’ve been more consistent, but there is no denying that he would’ve done much better if he had a QB who could deliver the ball downfield consistently.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: And if you look behind the numbers re: Deshaun and KB2

Apr 29, 2018, 12:15 AM

I’ll semi-deny your statement. Of course all receivers do better with a vertical passing game however, I stand by Cain isn’t a legitimate 9 or X WR. Even with talented QB play he can’t go win a 50/50 ball in traffic. This was proven time and time again. What he does great is run really fast and if he can get single coverage he can be a threat downfield. Unfortunately today proved the NFL doesn’t place a huge value on 1 skill receivers.

With all that said given the right system Cain can be a success in the NFL. Just never as a number 1 like our past Clemson receivers.

Re: And if you look behind the numbers re: Deshaun and KB2

Apr 29, 2018, 8:54 AM [ in reply to And if you look behind the numbers re: Deshaun and KB2 ]

Cain was a great receiver. I agree that he got robbed by a mediocre quarterback. I'm still shaking my head that Dabo didn't replace him during the bama game. Couldn't even score against bama's second string defense.

Check out KB2's 1st TD pass to HR

Apr 29, 2018, 12:42 PM [ in reply to And if you look behind the numbers re: Deshaun and KB2 ]

Boyd and Watson both threw Int's on this play.DW4 lost the Pitt game on this play

Cain is not the same WR as Williams/Nuk/Watkins, never the REAL #1 guy.Maybe another year and he would have been. His shortcomings made KB look worse,not the other way around. Tee will be that this year and everyone will see it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPaARARgw3I

Apr 29, 2018, 9:45 AM

I'm thankful he decided to become a member of the Clemson Tiger Family.

Apr 29, 2018, 11:12 AM

Always thought he would have been more productive out the slot, attacking the seam vertically / post corners.

Replies: 11
| visibility 3,275
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic