Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Wait, he implies the football players are getting paid...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

Wait, he implies the football players are getting paid...

Apr 25, 2019, 4:18 PM

because they have nice suits after the games? That's the basis for his statement?

Weak. Show him the door immediately.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Haha, So "Tight" means legal under NCAA benefits rules?

Apr 25, 2019, 4:25 PM

If that's true then this is going to be another situation like the osterine nothing burger that becomes a full PED scandal in the minds of those who don't follow closely.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mississippi Tiger --------- Clemson University - 8 Time National Football Champions - 1900, 1906, 1948, 1950, 1981, 1983, 2016, 2018

Where did you see that about the suits?***

Apr 25, 2019, 4:28 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Where did you see that about the suits?***

Apr 25, 2019, 4:30 PM

https://twitter.com/MattNorlander/status/1121485927183003648?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

also here

Apr 25, 2019, 4:37 PM [ in reply to Where did you see that about the suits?*** ]

https://www.greenvilleonline.com/story/sports/college/clemson/2019/04/25/clemson-assistant-basketball-coach-steve-smith-corruption-trial/3576625002/

Mississippi Tiger --------- Clemson University - 8 Time National Football Champions - 1900, 1906, 1948, 1950, 1981, 1983, 2016, 2018

So basically he's speculating that something

Apr 25, 2019, 4:43 PM

is wrong because there is someone on the field after a game wearing a suit?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Great minds, well average minds, think alike.***

Apr 25, 2019, 4:44 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

Re: also here

Apr 25, 2019, 7:32 PM [ in reply to also here ]

Just proves what I have been saying for three years. Time for BB to go. Can't recruit even this way. He said he can't compete against those kind of programs. Obviously he has not been as honest as he says he is.

Silly Really!

Apr 25, 2019, 7:59 PM

Only a coot minded person takes anything from this.

Really?

Pure unfiltered speculation at it's worst. No, "I saw this"! No, "I witnessed that"!

Instead he says, "small college town". "After the game you people in nice suits"!

Really?

Only Coots are all over this at this point and time. Everyone else has their eyes on the "money trails that lead to Alabama and a host of other schools that could actually be proven"! And this guy let's not forget, "is a member of the basketball program"!

Silly!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't all the players get a free suit from CUAD?

Apr 25, 2019, 4:49 PM [ in reply to Where did you see that about the suits?*** ]

I was thinking one of the VLogs last year showed the players picking out what suit they wanted - there was a wide selection of styles and colors offered. Surely allowed by the NCAA.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Where did you see that about the suits?***

Apr 25, 2019, 7:27 PM [ in reply to Where did you see that about the suits?*** ]

Don't forget, one of the nice perks for new players coming in is that they fit them in a nice custom suit of their choice. They showed that last year on the VLOG. Very interesting they were getting measured and picking out their fabrics So that's how players are seen in nice suits after the games (and boarding planes etc.)

Objection, the witness is speculating.***

Apr 25, 2019, 4:43 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

There was an objection, which was sustained, and the

Apr 25, 2019, 4:48 PM

testimony was stricken. So nice work counselor, or arm chair counselor if you're not an attorney!

Re: Wait, he implies the football players are getting paid...

Apr 25, 2019, 4:48 PM

Ever seen video of our team arriving at a stadium before a game? What are they all wearing when they get off of the buses?

That’s right, NICE SUITS!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, we publicize their suit fittings...

Apr 25, 2019, 4:50 PM

So they better have more than nice suits if they want to accuse us of cheating.

Apr 25, 2019, 5:05 PM

He didn't say that because the players had nice suits but because there was a man on the field in a nice suit. This is a coach that has gone rogue trying to get Zion. I have major reservation that even Brownell knew what was going on with the whole tweet about Smith lying to Brownell about him knowing the exact time it takes to get to Zion's house from Little John. Why would you need to lie about that? This is a coach trying to act like Clemson has ways to keep it quiet because obviously they do considering the talent they get for football. The main thing is his proof, a guy on the field with a nice suit on. All Smith is doing is trying to show Code, Bland and Dawkins Clemson is one of those schools so give us Zion. He would have told them they could paint Zion's picture on the moon if he could get Zion. Look I mean it's out there now so if I'm DRad or Dabo I just open it on up and say come on. I open the door wide for the NCAA and tell them to come on down and check us out. I have zero concern that this is anymore than a soon to be fired rogue coach that should immediately get sued for defamation trying to get a truly once in a lifetime basketball recruit and willing to do anything and say anything, whether true or not, to get him.

Apr 25, 2019, 5:13 PM

And you can discern that he absolutely meant a random dude on the field in a nice suit how?

There is no context that shows it's a random person or a player since he only says "dude in a nice suit."

Not to mention after the games the fans rush the field, so Mr. Smith was able to identify a dude in a nice suit after the game, specifically relating to talking to players?

Not likely.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 25, 2019, 5:14 PM [ in reply to Re: Wait, he implies the football players are getting paid... ]

Those are my thoughts as well. Smith was trying to be Billy Badass to have a shot at getting zion. Talking about the know how is in place at clemson to keep it tight. Spewing BS to look like a player when in fact it was just that.....BS. There was another tweet referencing who the the real players in bball recruiting were and it was the all the blue bloods of the college bball world. Clemson not being one of those.

Why would we put ourselves through that because of this

Apr 25, 2019, 6:05 PM [ in reply to Re: Wait, he implies the football players are getting paid... ]

idiot. The very fact that they were coming around would do damage. This is not anything compared to two days ago when he named 7 schools, Alabama and UNC included that he had sent payments to. Nobody even paid much attention to that.
And this assistant basketball coach needs to be fired immediately because he was trying to do something that he wasn't supposed to and claiming things he knew nothing about.

Apr 25, 2019, 5:12 PM

I'd more concerned with a guy named Raul wearing a rain coat...

There’s an element of “racism” in his premise.

Apr 25, 2019, 5:22 PM

It is creating a narrative that college athletes (many who are black) on scholarship can only obtain nice clothes through nefarious or inappropriate means. It undermines the notion that the scholarship athletes, maybe with the help of their parents, simply manage their finances in a manner that they can afford nice clothes. After all, scholarship athletes have most of their other expenses (including workout clothes, shoes, food etc.) paid for and also receive a stipend.

Essentially Smith is saying “See those players ( read as black players) wearing those nice suits, where do you think they got the money to pay for them?”

He should be dismissed for embracing this stereotype.

Re: There’s an element of “racism” in his premise.

Apr 25, 2019, 5:33 PM

Is this a joke....i'm hoping you're joking.

Apr 25, 2019, 8:12 PM

Even if its untrue "the racism" that would be. A great defense. Thats how johnny cochren won the oj case. Just question this dude character, prove hes a liar. And he was stereotyping men based upon their race and attire. He would quickly be viewed as a bad man, be black balled by other colleges.
Its a genius defense

Apr 25, 2019, 5:53 PM [ in reply to There’s an element of “racism” in his premise. ]

You have got to be kidding!!! Nothing racist at all! However from what I read he is as not talking about players wearing suits he was talking about boosters paying players

Apr 25, 2019, 5:59 PM

He just says "see a dude in a nice suit," hard to tell if it's an agent or player. It's pure speculation the Blazer guy saying "I took that to mean agents would give certain things."

Actually, he said "boosters," not agents.***

Apr 25, 2019, 8:01 PM

Judge Keller must have told him all about it.

Apr 25, 2019, 8:05 PM

Basketball program doesn’t have the budget to buy suits for players.

Apr 25, 2019, 8:29 PM

Doesn't every college program provide their athletes travel suits? Or are we an exception to the rule?

Smith will be fired tomorrow.

Apr 25, 2019, 8:36 PM

100% chance.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

You sure you didn’t know what your assistant was doing, Brad?***

Apr 25, 2019, 8:42 PM

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic