Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
All this talk of "opening up the playbook"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

All this talk of "opening up the playbook"

Sep 25, 2016, 7:51 PM

Is only making us feel better about the underperformance of our players. Our receivers aren't catching the balls that are hitting them in our hands, our offensive line is blocking, and Deshaun looks off. Call me a coot or whatever but this is the cold hard truth. Until our players start playing up to the potential we saw last year, we willl continue to struggle to win games. Opening up the playbook won't fix these problems.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: All this talk of "opening up the playbook"

Sep 25, 2016, 7:55 PM

Coot.

Happy?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

COOOOOOOTTTTT***

Sep 25, 2016, 7:57 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

4 - 0 be sure and watch the game saturday

Sep 25, 2016, 7:57 PM

hopefully we 5 - 0

nothing else matters

null

Re: 4 - 0 be sure and watch the game saturday

Sep 25, 2016, 7:59 PM

It is going to matter in games like this. We cannot afford to drop touchdown passes and then attempt field goals only to miss.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 25, 2016, 7:59 PM

Are you mad at Kentucky and taking it out on us?

Haven't we scored the same # of points this.........

Sep 25, 2016, 8:11 PM

year through the first 4 games as last year and against tougher opponents?

With almost all O and MW back, expectations were for more

Sep 25, 2016, 9:00 PM

than done so far. Regardless that ww are 4-0, you must agree.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: With almost all O and MW back, expectations were for more

Sep 26, 2016, 11:44 AM

Stuff like this only makes me hope they light that Louisville d up.

6 less points, but i would disagree about the schedule and

Sep 26, 2016, 11:46 AM [ in reply to Haven't we scored the same # of points this......... ]

we also played ND in a monsoon that limited scoring.

Wofford > SC State
App State > Troy (equal at best because App was really solid last year)
At Louisville > at GT
ND > at Auburn

I think the schedule through four games was actually substantially stronger.

Re: 6 less points, but i would disagree about the schedule and

Sep 26, 2016, 11:50 AM

I think the root of our problems this year has been our less than stellar offensive line play. We are struggling to run with Wayne. I think Deshaun may might have the time he had last year to deliver the amazing passes we saw last year. Through the first 4 games last year we looked way more crisp on offense.

Sep 25, 2016, 8:35 PM

So I can't bite my tounge in longer with all these negative posts. My goodness dude we are 4-0 and have lost 2 home games in 5 years. We have the best player in college football on OUR team who yeah has been a little off this year, but lives for games like this. I made an account on here because I really just like to read everything really wasn't planning on ever posting. But as a former player I can honestly tell you we haven't used but probably a third of the playbook so far this year. Sure, we have made a few mistakes offensively this year but don't you think our guys know that?
Along with you and everyone else, this team knows the potential it has. RELAX,

Sit back enjoy the buzz that will be created this week, games like these don't come around often. I can promise you every one of our guys will be physicsally and mentally prepared for 8oclock Sat. night. Wear orange on Friday, get there early Sat and enjoy the show that is going to be put on by DW4 you want have many more to watch.

-Go Tigers

Sep 25, 2016, 9:09 PM

You should post more

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

shhh....the OP's just a gamecock troll getting back at

Sep 25, 2016, 10:21 PM [ in reply to Re: All this talk of "opening up the playbook" ]

the Tiger trolls who've invaded his world.....pay him no mind

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 25, 2016, 11:30 PM [ in reply to Re: All this talk of "opening up the playbook" ]

Amen Porter!

Sep 25, 2016, 11:52 PM [ in reply to Re: All this talk of "opening up the playbook" ]

I totally agree with your post. I was at Clemson when we'd kill for half of the success and potential we have now. I tell my son daily how great Clemson is with hopes he decides on us versus other possible destinations and he sends me screenshots of this board with the caption "great, huh?" all the time. It's really disheartening and exhausting to constantly see people post as if success is a right of passage. These are kids that are 4 years out of high school MAX and you have people that are all of a sudden football experts because they can play madden well commenting like they know it all.

Sep 25, 2016, 8:40 PM

They know they are being held back.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 25, 2016, 9:06 PM

I never seen so many people hate winning as bad as some of our fans do. H&ll yea I hate that our guys hasn't looked to be in sync, but they have found a way to win. As we have learned with the BV plan when we are facing a team with a strong RB, he will shut that part of their offense down. When we are facing a good duel threat QB, he limits the part of that QBs game that could hurt us the worst. If those woodpecker looking sumbitches beat us, they won't do it the way they done it to FSU. BV ain't no rudy poop that don't have a clue. Give him some defensive talent, he will make OC's change their game plan in the middle of the game. Nobody up until Clemson where every inkling of authority just leaves BV alone and lets him do his things the way he wants it's done, and when he wants to do it. Dabo stays out of BV's way and leaves him with his D, and if and when the D screws up, BV takes all the responsibility on himself, he claims it and he owns up to it bc he knows that it's all on him. But he do work his A$S off to make sure his guys make him look good. Just look at the job he has done since he has been working with his own type of recruits. They take off to the NFL, and he has another group ready for the NFL the next year. IMO, he is worth every dime he makes plus some. In Brent Venables I do trust. And we can't blame or hold it against him when injuries take away from his D.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 25, 2016, 10:07 PM

Succes is sucking the life out of some Tiger fans

Sep 25, 2016, 10:10 PM

Yeah we struggled Thursday SMDH

Nice try COOT!!!!

Sep 25, 2016, 10:21 PM

Coot

Sep 26, 2016, 12:08 AM

We will see why Dabo played so many players the last three games this coming Saturday. Only the Strong Survive and There's Strength in Numbers.

Sep 26, 2016, 7:43 AM

Saturday night, Death Valley, 8 pm...tune in! Go Tigers!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 26, 2016, 7:51 AM

Have faith. I think you will be pleasantly surprised by the teams performance this weekend. Remember we have top flight talent, a top flight coaching staff and the best college fan base in the nation. I think everyone knows by now what to expect from the birds. They have already shown their hand by beating up on much lesser ranked schools. Sure Lamar Jackson has been putting up monster stats but I want to see him try that against arguably the best defense in the nation. Remember styles make fights and we match up real well against these guys.

Sep 26, 2016, 11:38 AM

Isn't there a rule aginst Trolling?

The wr actually looked better the last 2 games.***

Sep 26, 2016, 11:39 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 26, 2016, 11:51 AM

What game did we struggle to win?

struggle? Wouldn't go that far***

Sep 26, 2016, 12:00 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic