Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Addazio as our D coordinator in 17? Why not?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 2,225

Addazio as our D coordinator in 17? Why not?

Oct 15, 2015, 4:44 AM

Brent will be at k state if not in 16 then 17. By then Addazio will be looking. Bet we can match what BC is paying him. I don't know his salary, but his exposure for a real head coaching job in 3-5 years will be way more obtainable here rather than floundering at BC and taking a mid major job.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If any of our coordinators have any sense...

Oct 15, 2015, 4:51 AM

they will hold out for a Clemson HCing job.

It's going to be hard on Dabo if he has to decide whether or not to take the Bama job when Saban gets fired in two years.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If any of our coordinators have any sense...

Oct 15, 2015, 5:31 AM

Well, given the fact that Addazio has been on offensive coach his whole career before becoming a head coach...we might want to look into his DC when the need arises.

Re: If any of our coordinators have any sense...

Oct 15, 2015, 7:29 AM [ in reply to If any of our coordinators have any sense... ]

On this point- do we think that Dabo wouldor hired away? I guess it depends on future success.

Right now, a lot of his success is credited to his ability to build a good org. But who knows what coordinators he could take/hire at a new coaching job. Makes him a little bit riskier for other schools to bring him on.

Re: Addazio as our D coordinator in 17? Why not?

Oct 15, 2015, 7:18 AM

I guess I'm the eternal optimist as I think Brent Venables stays at Clemson past '17. His track record has been one of staying in place (I think he used the phrase "I'm a be here kind of guy") and doesn't tend to look around for new jobs. If K-State came calling - maybe he would go but maybe he won't as I don't get the same feel that Venables is looking for a head coaching gig like Chad Morris was from the day he stepped on Clemson's campus.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 15, 2015, 7:35 AM

Not to mention BV's son is a 2018 prospect at Daniel, who may very well end up at Clemson playing for Dad. I think its a little soon to be trying to replace him.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 15, 2015, 9:30 AM [ in reply to Re: Addazio as our D coordinator in 17? Why not? ]

Agreed. From listening to most of his interviews on the subject, he seems to have a different tone about future plans than Morris did. It seems he doesn't have as strong a desire to be a HC and deal with the additional stress, as long as things are suiting him where he's at. I'm thinking the reason he accepted the offer to come to Clemson may have been b/c he felt he wasn't getting his due at OU, but I don't get the feeling even then he was out looking to leave OU.

Oct 15, 2015, 8:16 AM

Except that he has spent his whole career coaching offense.

^^^^^^^^

Oct 15, 2015, 9:04 AM

But he looks like a defensive coach. :)

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Oct 15, 2015, 9:51 AM

He has said he doesn't wanna be a head coach. He doesn't like to do interviews. You can tell he is uncomfortable. Plus he seems to not like change and is a person that doesn't deal with stress well.

Replies: 9
| visibility 2,225
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic