Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
A wise man once said,
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1

A wise man once said,

Jan 16, 2020, 9:46 PM

"If your past controls your thoughts and actions, then it is no longer your past."

As a Tiger fan, just like many others, I am disappointed in the loss this past Monday. However, there is nothing I, or anyone else, can do to change the outcome. We can blame the offense. We can blame the defense. We can blame special teams. We can blame the coaches. We can blame officials. We can blame individual players. Still, nothing changes.

Tiger Nation has enjoyed the greatest stretch of games in our history. This winning tradition will continue. We will not go the rest of anyone's lifetime without losing a game. We are witnessing a dynasty that very few teams ever have the opportunity to enjoy. I choose not to look at the glass half empty. I choose not to look at the glass half full. I have chosen to look at the glass as FULL. As often will happen with a extremely full glass, there will be times that it spills a little, but remains full.

Let's enjoy the success that so many others don't have the opportunity to enjoy. Let's not be like the cRyan Daze of the world and do nothing but complain.

GO TIGERS!
ENJOY THE RIDE!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: A wise man once said,

Jan 16, 2020, 9:49 PM

Dilly Dilly

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 16, 2020, 9:53 PM

IMO, CLEMSON is still in "Dynasty Mode". This program has all the aspects of being an elite program that is also a dynasty-type of program. It's okay to stumble sometimes, because any team can be beaten on a given day. What the college football world knows though, is that if you plan to win the National Championship, you're gonna have to go thru CLEMSON. Bama and the SEC is yesterday, CLEMSON is the future.

'nuff said.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wise words. I have a difficult time understanding

Jan 17, 2020, 4:32 AM

anyone unwilling to accept a given, such as the outcome of a ball game, and continue on with life.

The Ohio State Coach has to realize that his poor attitude will transfer to his team and fan base, and that's certainly not healthy. Likewise, we can't adopt poor sportsmanship about our loss.

Perspective...It's all about perspective.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

well said

Jan 17, 2020, 10:59 AM

Jan 17, 2020, 11:10 AM

When the student is ready, the teacher will appear. Brilliant and wise counsel to mitigate the seeming heartbreak of a dynastic speedbump. My own perspective of past events is that they are necessary to spur us forward as an example of how to handle events and perceive them correctly.
I believe Dabo is in possession of that perspective and his teams going forward will be able to share it. Greatness is more about how we grow from events over time. Not how events in time define who we are excepting the lessons we take from them. A blessing, in my book, is anything that makes you better. My experience is that adversity teaches that more effectively and immediately than prosperity IMO.

Replies: 5
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic