Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Someone, preferrably with Bball knowledge....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1

Someone, preferrably with Bball knowledge....

Mar 13, 2019, 2:16 PM

I haven't been to any of the Bball games this year but my question is this, is Coach Brownell ever passionate or show any fight in him? All I see is what the camera shows me and rarely does he look like he's really into it or chewing anyone out. I watched Roy Williams a few years ago bench his entire starting 5 to prove a point. We went 10 mins without a basket for crying out loud! Danich on ESPN kept asking the same 3 questions throughout the 2nd half...Why is CU still shooting 3's, Why is CU not working inside to Thomas or Sims and What in the world is Valentine calling?

Our guards seem to refuse to get the ball down low they always look for the 3 first I just don't get it.
The bad calls were def there but the refs had zero to do with our shot selection. I'm thankful all these kids chose CU and they will always be TIGERS to me but this was just bad, almost unforgivable.

GO TIGERS!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If your best players aren't on the floor...

Mar 13, 2019, 2:17 PM

Wouldn't your offense and shot selection suffer? I mean, I'm just asking, from my limited hoops knowledge.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Someone, preferrably with Bball knowledge....

Mar 13, 2019, 2:21 PM

I haven't been to any of the Bball games this year but my question is this, is Coach Brownell ever passionate or show any fight in him? All I see is what the camera shows me and rarely does he look like he's really into it or chewing anyone out. I watched Roy Williams a few years ago bench his entire starting 5 to prove a point. We went 10 mins without a basket for crying out loud! Danich on ESPN kept asking the same 3 questions throughout the 2nd half...Why is CU still shooting 3's, Why is CU not working inside to Thomas or Sims and What in the world is Valentine calling?

Our guards seem to refuse to get the ball down low they always look for the 3 first I just don't get it.
The bad calls were def there but the refs had zero to do with our shot selection. I'm thankful all these kids chose CU and they will always be TIGERS to me but this was just bad, almost unforgivable.

GO TIGERS!

GO TIGERS!

The post game after the UNC game told me everything I needed to know about Brownell. On the last play, he basically said something to effect of “We didn’t call timeout because we trusted our leaders to make a play.” Our offensive ineptitude can be summed up in that statement. He’s not as hands on or creative as the overall talent level of this team (that he recruited and built) requires. It’s really that simple. Defensively, he gets it. Offensively, he doesn’t have it.

a few answers...

Mar 13, 2019, 2:24 PM

yes. he's passionate. not all the time but does show it. his players love him.

as far as "the guards refuse to throw the ball inside". you obviously dont watch much. when ET is in the game, we try our best to get the ball inside but teams game plan against it. its harder than just tossing the ball inside and getting shots

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: a few answers...

Mar 13, 2019, 2:29 PM

Well I watch as much as I can, I'll give you that, but I sat here today and watched and listened not only to the commentators mentioning not getting the ball inside but you could see Thomas on several trips down the floor get position and Mitchell or Reed chuck a bad 3. One of them was so bad Brownell pointed at Thomas and seemed to be saying "What are you doing?"

The same commentator pointed out with Sims a few times get him the ball there's a mismatch down low!

Re: Someone, preferrably with Bball knowledge....

Mar 13, 2019, 2:27 PM

Yes CBB's biggest flaw is his lack of ability to channel anger that he must be feeling in a beneficial manner. He's too worried about upsetting players and officials in my opinion.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic