Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
4th of July 1970 - Viet Nam style fireworks
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

4th of July 1970 - Viet Nam style fireworks

Jul 4, 2019, 8:00 AM

No, it wasn't gunfire or mortar rounds. We had heard a rumor about a one day "truce" for Independence Day and hadn't gone on patrol the entire day ( doubt ole Charlie heard the news though). The "fireworks" we had came that night after dark when the most electrical thunderstorm I have ever seen rolled into the valley we were camped in and continuously lit up the surrounding mountaintops. The lightning was so close together and so bright that it was almost like daytime again. Kind of scary when you are out in the middle of it with nowhere to go except under a poncho and all our gear got so wet, it took half the next day to dry out. But at least we had one day where we had no patrol with chances of stepping on booby traps. Very blessed to avoid those and the lightning bolts to return home with only a limp and live to see the day when grandchildren enjoy a peaceful 4th. Everyone take a moment to reflect on what today means and hope for a "truce" to occur in our world.

Message was edited by: clover65®

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 4th of July 1970 - Viet Nam style fireworks

Jul 4, 2019, 8:43 AM

Happy 4th - clover !! And .... thanks for your service !!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Jul 4, 2019, 4:18 PM

Thank you Clover, we owe you more than we could ever pay. But that you for fighting for freedom. You are one of the TRUE heros of our world.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 4, 2019, 10:16 AM

Blessings on you for your service.

Jul 4, 2019, 10:17 AM

Thank you for your service!

Jul 4, 2019, 11:54 AM

Thanks Clover.

Please, Tell Us About

Jul 4, 2019, 1:17 PM

how you came to have the limp.

Re: Please, Tell Us About

Jul 4, 2019, 1:47 PM

Almost 3 months later I had a bullet shatter almost my entire left thigh bone and was in hospital for 11 months.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm so glad you made it home!***

Jul 4, 2019, 2:07 PM

Jul 4, 2019, 1:52 PM

Thank you for your service Clover as well as all of our Tnet veterans and those still serving.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

God bless you, clover 65.

Jul 4, 2019, 3:08 PM

And God Bless America.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

THANK YOU for your service!***

Jul 4, 2019, 3:20 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Thank you for your service

Jul 4, 2019, 3:23 PM

I always wondered about the Purple Heart. Thanks for sharing.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Re: Thank you for your service

Jul 4, 2019, 3:32 PM

Thanks Clover65 for your service and sacrifice. May God Bless you and yours everyday. Happy Independence Day.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic