Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
#42...........
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1,950

#42...........

Nov 4, 2019, 11:05 AM

Kind of feel bad for this kid, LB who played his first snaps I think this weekend. Goes out with targeting call. Probably won't see him again this year.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When they put together video clips to define targeting,

Nov 4, 2019, 11:09 AM

they will use that one. It had all three elements:

Ducking, leading with the crown of the helmet.

Launching into the player. He literally left his feet and drove upward into the player.

Forcible contact to the head or neck area. Dead on contact to the head, in this case.

Dabo and staff will more than likely also use it to show "What NOT to do."

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: When they put together video clips to define targeting,

Nov 4, 2019, 11:14 AM

I would agree with everything you said except the "forcible contact" part.

I think he kind of stopped his feet and fell into the guy.

I don't think he really hit him hard but based on the rules he still had to be ejected for targeting.

Re: #42...........

Nov 4, 2019, 11:11 AM

I think we will see V Bentley again soon, maybe as soon as the 2nd half of the game next week against the pack.

Nov 4, 2019, 11:15 AM

That Cat was flying around! He will have time to play in last 3 games and still RS.

Bright future for him. Looked very natural at LB.

Targeting will be the end of real football. That is how we were taught to do it when I played. Looked like a nice hit to me.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 4, 2019, 11:16 AM

Saturday was his 3rd game played.

He will likely get to play in one more and then redshirt.

Nov 9, 2023, 8:06 PM

8 plays - 5 tackles. Like what I've seen.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"You don't get control of the game when you're air-balling layups." - Brent Venables

Nov 4, 2019, 11:25 AM [ in reply to Re: #42........... ]

I agree that it's just FB, and people get hurt playing FB. I think that the targeting rule is a good rule when applied the way the rule was meant to be applied, but most Refs don't have a clue of what targeting really is, nor do they know if targeting was an intentional hit by the tackler bc I see a lot of those calls made when the ball carrier duck their head and body into the line that draws the targeting call, and that sucks!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 4, 2019, 11:34 AM [ in reply to Re: #42........... ]

I don't know where you played, but nowhere I ever played did our coaches teach hitting with the crown of the helmet ..... anywhere. We were taught to hit with our heads up so we could see what we were hitting .... basically putting your shoulder into the runner with your face toward the target. Runners lower their head as they have to to lower their pad level.

If you want to see why hitting with the crown of the helmet and launching have no place in football, go bac k and watch the video of Michael Palmer getting hit in the Miami game about 8 or 10 years back.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 1,950
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic