Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
2020 OL Starters
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

2020 OL Starters

Dec 29, 2019, 6:03 PM

Hypothetical question- If you had to draw up an OL for 2020 what would it look like assuming we don’t have any transfers or surprises. This seems to me to be the biggest void in the spring. TIA in advance.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 2020 OL Starters

Dec 29, 2019, 6:06 PM

Carman at LT
Bockhorst at LG
??? at C
Putnam at RG
McFadden at RT

Dec 29, 2019, 6:13 PM

Rayburn and Boateng look like good prospects as well. Center is a critical position though.

Dec 29, 2019, 8:26 PM

Rayburn has a ways to go but is still a legitimate prospect to potentially play down the road. Boateng...not looking so good thus far.

Light Bulb. Going Off. Will Happen

Dec 29, 2019, 8:34 PM

Seems with the OL guys it's a matter of getting in the right frame of mind. Most of these guys knew they were not going to play a lot. After this season - "they will be the guy". Or rather they will all have a chance to "etch their name in as starters" as long as they bring it.
You can't bring it if you don't know the plays and have worked on your body in order to compete at a high level. No more looking at someone else - when you know it's on your shoulders there is a different "sense of urgency"!

The light bulb will go off seconds after the National Championship game for the guys on the team! It will be them who is expected to go block an LSU, Ohio State, FSU, Auburn, Georgia, ND, Alabama, etc. Carmen as the leader I am sure will have those guys together within weeks of the game no matter the outcome. It's his group to lead now - I think he will do a good job!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 29, 2019, 6:08 PM

From Left to right
LT: Jackson Carman
LG: Will Putman
C: Cade Stewart ??
RG: Matt Brockhorst
RT: Jordan McFadden

Its all but set in stone at this point.

Dec 29, 2019, 6:17 PM

I will not be surprised if we see Rayburn C and Walker Parks RT by mid season. Hopefully some of these other freshman come in ready to contribute.

*Cade Stewart and McFadden have not been very impressive imo.

Dec 29, 2019, 6:29 PM

Tiger1825 said:

I will not be surprised if we see Rayburn C and Walker Parks RT by mid season. Hopefully some of these other freshman come in ready to contribute.

*Cade Stewart and McFadden have not been very impressive imo.

I thought Mcfadden played pretty well. I know he took a few snaps at LT when Jackson was hurt for a spell. He's young and learning and is not a LT. I think his future is in RT where I think he will be a really good player! ***My only knock on him is he needs to get a little "nastier". He has great feet and good size/quickness - just need that "tude".

Dec 29, 2019, 6:51 PM [ in reply to Re: 2020 OL Starters ]

I would disagree. they were being brought along. they werent thrown in to the battle full time

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 29, 2019, 6:27 PM [ in reply to Re: 2020 OL Starters ]

brrntaylor said:

From Left to right
LT: Jackson Carman
LG: Will Putman
C: Cade Stewart ??
RG: Matt Brockhorst
RT: Jordan McFadden

Its all but set in stone at this point.

Wow! That looks like a solid line up! We'll see. I think we have a couple kids on the OL who will surprise us. This line up would be great though!

Tackles will be good but the rest is a bit concerning

Dec 29, 2019, 6:58 PM [ in reply to Re: 2020 OL Starters ]

I assume Bockhorst will be fine. The combo of losing 4 OL starters + Etienne might hurt our running game pretty badly.

Re: Tackles will be good but the rest is a bit concerning

Dec 29, 2019, 7:07 PM

I assume Bockhorst will be fine. The combo of losing 4 OL starters + Etienne might hurt our running game pretty badly.

It could. Or it could not be a factor at all. J. Carmen will have to be a leader! Our OL has subbed out and got the young guys some good reps against #1 defenses. I think they will be fine. I think our DL will be beastly next season and they will beat up and bring along the OL.

Dixon and Bowman and Melussi and Dukes will all be great! Bowman will probably come on in a similar fashion as Etienne his freshman year! In spurts and running wild showing flashes of brilliance; but still behind in pass pro. Dixon and Melussi can both be great backs for us! Melussi has a lower body type kind of like a "Dobbins" and intrigues me. He is a different back than we have had - way more physical. Be good to see us just wear out some folks and impose our will using him or our other freshman back who is a big back.

We'll be fine in both areas!

Dec 29, 2019, 7:12 PM [ in reply to Tackles will be good but the rest is a bit concerning ]

I know my mind is telling my the ETN should leave but he said in post game interview that there was a good possibility he’d return. Fingers crossed.

Dec 29, 2019, 7:52 PM

I keep telling you guys he has more pass protection to work on - he stays.

Dec 29, 2019, 8:21 PM

I keep telling you guys he has more pass protection to work on - he stays.

He has done noticeably well since the UNC game. The coaches have all said as much!

Dec 29, 2019, 7:12 PM [ in reply to Tackles will be good but the rest is a bit concerning ]

I know my mind is telling my the ETN should leave but he said in post game interview that there was a good possibility he’d return. Fingers crossed.

Dec 29, 2019, 7:18 PM

Travis Etienne is gone after the National Championship game! Or it's almost an assured possibility. The only way he stays is if: he thinks he can be on top of this list next season. But, he would take that many more hits on his body.

https://walterfootball.com/draft2020RB.php

CJ Spiller stayed

Dec 29, 2019, 7:20 PM

because he was all in

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 29, 2019, 8:18 PM

LT - Carman
LG - Bockhorst is a beast
C - Rayburn, FR Surprise
RG - Putnam, Fr Suprise
RT - McFadden, Parks, Fr surprise

Bowman will be a beast at RB.

We’re fine. These recruits we are getting now are literally continuously upgrading the roster. These OL coming in are hog mollies.

Bockhorst is nasty and didn’t Mcfadden get 2nd team all ACC? They will be solid.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic