Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
$ 900 k for two weeks work
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

$ 900 k for two weeks work

Jan 28, 2021, 6:07 PM

Tenn. has decided not to keep Kevin Steele. Two weeks ago they gave him a two year contract at $ 450 k per year. This is in addition to the sizable buyout he received from Auburn. Good work if you can get it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wow, it was a fully guaranteed contract?***

Jan 28, 2021, 6:19 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: Wow, it was a fully guaranteed contract?***

Jan 28, 2021, 6:23 PM

That’s what is being reported.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: $ 900 k for two weeks work

Jan 28, 2021, 6:23 PM

These coaches are robbing and they don't need a gun. The mask is required. I guess if you are stupid enough to pay it, they don't mind taking the check to the bank.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 30, 2021, 9:37 AM

Let's not ignore the university's role in this. They hired an expensive guy and then fired him 2 weeks later ?? How many other job opportunities did Steele miss out on for signing with Tennessee ??

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 28, 2021, 7:01 PM

I'm not a huge fan of paying players, but when I see coaches making out like bandits.... All of this greed will eventually ruin the game.

Jan 28, 2021, 7:13 PM

I do not blame the Coaches. I blame the Administrators who run football operations at the Schools and the Board of Directors. No one is accountable for these dumb decisions. My goodness! Look at USC with Coach Boom. Did not get the contract signed and cost an additional $2 Million plus. But, its public money so no one cares and no one is held accountable. Just like our Government at State and Federal levels.

Jan 28, 2021, 9:32 PM

I'm sure they paid the Fat guy much more to run the place in thee ground and rat them out. Not a bright group. Just gutless and fearful of litigation

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

players are already paid, tuition+ ain't cheap!***

Jan 28, 2021, 7:46 PM [ in reply to Re: $ 900 k for two weeks work ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Coaches Shouldn't Make More Than School President But...

Jan 28, 2021, 9:27 PM

They should also have way more job security like in the old days. It should be the norm for head coaches to spend 20 years at a school no matter their record, within reason.

Jan 28, 2021, 9:32 PM

As long as donors are dumb enough to keep sending these universities with #### poor leadership money, it’ll keep getting spent (waisted). Kind of like giving an out of control teenager a limitless credit card and a new sports car. At some point it’s on the idiots providing the funds for the gross mismanagement

Jan 29, 2021, 1:26 AM

Are they paying Steele with cash in a McDonald's bag?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He may have become radioactive just from that short

Jan 29, 2021, 7:25 AM

stint in Rocky Bottom. Those funds will help him seek treats and mints.

My understanding is that TN must pay Kevin $900k . . .

Jan 29, 2021, 6:48 PM

But Auburn’s payment to Kevin then gets lowered by the same amount . . . So . . .

My question is, “Does Kevin get a tax write off for that donation of $900K to Auburn’s Bottom line?”

Jan 29, 2021, 8:36 PM

Janet Yellen got $800,000 for one speech to one of the hedge funds that got their ### handed to them this week. This is the kind of BS that’s killing America and killing capitalism because it’s crony capitalism and corruption! And nobody does it better than Democrats! These politicians getting paid millions of dollars a year for speeches what doing nothing but taking legal bribes! Quid pro quo!

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic