Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Question: Are other commitments...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

Question: Are other commitments...

Sep 18, 2017, 6:13 PM

Taking official visits elsewhere?

NOPE, they are ALL IN.

That is the difference between Clemson and other schools.

Imagine if I told my wife that I would like to take some overnight officials with other women, but don't worry honey...I am still committed to you (for now, just hold my spot in case I do not like what I see).

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Question: Are other commitments...

Sep 18, 2017, 6:18 PM

Take your unofficial visits with the other women & you don't have to tell the wife___ just sayin'??

Sep 18, 2017, 6:30 PM

You're right. A 17 year old deciding on where he wants to go to school and play football is comparable to whether you break a lifelong vow with your wife...

He is still all in. He hasn't said he is taking officials. If he does take officials he will decommit per policy and I am confident he will recommit. Clemson is special and he has seen that and said nothing but that since his announcement.

I know these are 2 diff things...but

Sep 18, 2017, 6:45 PM

There is something wrong with your thought process. If XT has his heart on CLEMSON...then he wont take visits elsewhere. Thats what being ALL IN means. Thats why there is a policy there.
His dad said that a player of his stature should take visits? But why? For money, sex, drugs? Because of all the things that matter: top coach, facilities, education, defense, defensive line, team, stadium, fans, friends, etc...he has it all with Clemson.
It makes no sense to recruit kids to Clemson and say its the best school...for him to then decommit and look around. His words and recruiting pitch will carry more weight if he remains committed.
Is TL or Mike Jones going to look around? Wouldnt players of their stature stand to gain the same benefits XT would? Of course...but they wont because they are ALL IN.

Re: I know these are 2 diff things...but

Sep 18, 2017, 7:09 PM

He has a unique opportunity to go anywhere in the country that he wants. If his dad is advising him to make an informed decision, I don't know how you can fault him for wanting that for his son. He also said if XT didn't want to visit he would support that too. Speculating that the motivation for visits may be for money, sex or drugs is irresponsible.

If he wants to visit elsewhere he will de-commit. This has happened with a 5-star before. He is a Clemson Tiger today. To be clear, XT has never said he is anything but committed. He has never said he wanted to visit other schools. Until he does let's not suggest that he is not All-In

Sep 18, 2017, 6:35 PM

I see where you're going but the appropriate analogy is a little different. XT isn't "married" to Clemson yet. He's engaged, and if he wants to explore other options, he needs to break the engagement.

Pigs of other women....and wife

Sep 18, 2017, 7:28 PM

you know the rules.... if you bring them up you have to provide proof

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic