Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
QB Decision
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 36
| visibility 1

QB Decision

Mar 10, 2017, 9:42 PM

Longer we run three and four QB rotation in practices and scrimmages the less ready whoever the starter we decide on will be because of less number of reps and lack of chemistry. QB battles hurt offensive development. Time is of the essence- Bryant been here for two years and Cooper been here one- coaches have a good idea what they have

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And Hunter Johnson is ultra-talented. And

Mar 10, 2017, 9:50 PM

Tucker Israel set Florida HS passing records. It's not an easy decision I guess.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: And Hunter Johnson is ultra-talented. And

Mar 11, 2017, 12:25 AM

I know Bryant wants to compete for it, and He's telling the coaches that- and the coaches are giving the seniority. Why is the question? The way I see it is" Kelly has the most experience, but doesn't have the total package". Coaches will come to see that as well. I really don't think Kelly has changed from a run first QB to a accurate mobile passing machine from the last tie we saw him play.
Coaches will ultimately want what gives them the best overall package to win, it will play out.

If Cooper needs Bryant to show him what He doesn't know, as well as Hunter- there is no dis-honor in that. Coaches will need to steer Bryant in that direction of being a leader, but not player. He could do that and do a good job of it, coming in on wild-cat plays, etc if elected. In hopes that Cooper and Johnson get to learn the system from Bryant, but play it out on the field. That's the only winning rotation I see and that needs to be short term. Have it figured out by Auburn, just my opinion.

Re: And Hunter Johnson is ultra-talented. And

Mar 11, 2017, 9:32 AM

Don't you think the coaches already know KB's passing accuracy, velocity, checkdown ability, etc. The one thing they don't have is full game, realtime skills evaluations at the college level. They can only look at intense HS game film, if any exists, for that data. That's true for all of our competing QB's. Having Nick as backup obviously gave us the best chance to win if DW went down, but lack of game experience fot the rising QB's was the price. Close games required DW fulltime. New year, new team. Love it.

I hear you.

Mar 10, 2017, 9:51 PM

Maybe one day we'll get coaches that know what they are doing. Until then, well just have deal with a mediocre football program.

Re: I hear you.

Mar 10, 2017, 9:58 PM

Umm, what he said.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 10, 2017, 10:08 PM [ in reply to I hear you. ]

Maybe one day but, I think all that will work it's self out the day that Trevor Lawrence signs on the dotted line to officially be a Clemson Tiger on National signing day!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 10, 2017, 10:52 PM

I'm with you allorangeallthetime52! Trevor Lawrence is going bring us another Natty! I have never been this excited about a kid not even on campus yet! #allin

Mar 11, 2017, 12:13 AM

I just hope that we don't have to suffer through a lot of pains before The OC's can get him lined up behind center!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: QB Decision

Mar 10, 2017, 9:59 PM

I can't believe they haven't figured all of this stuff out after 5 practices!

??

Mar 10, 2017, 10:07 PM

Must be National Championship hangover.

Mar 10, 2017, 10:07 PM

Thanks for the post hutch. I'm sure no one is saying our coaches are not the best but it's a good point hutch makes.

Yeah tucker broke the records but just not seeing a 5'10" qb doing it in college. DW4 had a few times he couldn't see over the D. Just don't see us being a pro team and moving the pocket to compensate.

I really wish we would give ZC the most snaps and give hunter the second most. Actually if hunter is a true 5* then he should be getting most of the reps.

Anyone here think bama's hurts is better than hunter?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Haven't seen Hunter but I would bet Hurts is a better

Mar 10, 2017, 10:11 PM

running QB but who knowes about the passing until we see Hunter vs college competition.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 10, 2017, 10:27 PM [ in reply to Re: QB Decision ]

thank u Kerrigan, our coaches have built premiere program and I'm thrilled with our program. This is a QBs game now and we will sink or swim with our decision here this season

Mar 11, 2017, 12:17 AM

But we won't hit the bottom before we have a fix for that if there is a problem!!!!

Mar 11, 2017, 7:14 AM [ in reply to Re: QB Decision ]

> Thanks for the post hutch. I'm sure no one is saying
> our coaches are not the best but it's a good point
> hutch makes.
>
> Yeah tucker broke the records but just not seeing a
> 5'10" qb doing it in college. DW4 had a few times he
> couldn't see over the D. Just don't see us being a
> pro team and moving the pocket to compensate.
>
> I really wish we would give ZC the most snaps and
> give hunter the second most. Actually if hunter is a
> true 5* then he should be getting most of the reps.
>
> Anyone here think bama's hurts is better than hunter?

Woody Dantzler was a pretty good QB and was maybe 5-9. Plenty of others as well although not the rule but the exception

Mar 11, 2017, 8:44 AM

Point taken. Just a different game and different offense today. Or at least I'll assume we're going to try and run the same offense.

Bottom line is it doesn't matter as long as we win.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nobody is going to win the starting job in the spring.

Mar 10, 2017, 10:19 PM

The pecking order will be clearer after the O&W game, but the starter probably won't emerge until fall practice is underway. Maybe not until the first game.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hopefully Dabo and company will read these posts and adjust

Mar 10, 2017, 10:23 PM

accordingly, that's obviously what got us the NC and will get us another!! :/

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

I like what you guys did with the new facilitities

Mar 10, 2017, 10:26 PM

down there in cootlumbia.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

Re: I like what you guys did with the new facilitities

Mar 11, 2017, 12:15 AM

I like how they add the total of wins times 2 seasons and claim them as one season in their new facility!!!

Re: I like what you guys did with the new facilitities

Mar 11, 2017, 7:48 AM

^^^Coots coming in 2nd in their B'ham Bowl game was almost as impressive.

This is the logic that put Cole Stoudt ahead of DW4

Mar 11, 2017, 5:03 AM

What the coaches thought was that they could win with Cole as he knew the system more thoroughly. But despite lack of experience, DW4 was simply better on the field ... a winner.

Maybe the coaches know what they are up to. Maybe DW4 really wasn't ready against Georgia ... but when they finally released the beast versus NC, it was lights out.

There are intangibles that spring and summer won't show foe sure. We'll see multiple QBs this fall with significant time. You can count on that.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Clemson wasn’t that much better with Trevor Lawrence, if at all.”

Re: This is the logic that put Cole Stoudt ahead of DW4

Mar 11, 2017, 8:57 AM

H gets it. Not sure what all the coot stuff is about and their facilities.

No doubt everyone here wants the same thing. I like the debate- doesn't mean ur against Clemson.

My point is exactly what H makes. Taking several games to figure out that maybe Hunter is our best passer or ZC either way. We have a loaded September but even with that, we should have the best D coach V has put on the field. Just don't want to waste it I really think we can win it all again this year- if we don't lose a game or 2 trying to figure it out.

You still FAIL to realize

Mar 11, 2017, 11:23 AM

that a broken collar bone,keeping DW4 out of his first spring, kept him from being the starter the first game his Freshman year.ADABEM

As of right now, we have 4 QB's ,with no injuries vying for the starting job. One of them will be the clear cut starter(barring injuries) before the first game.What coaches that have actually won Championships think carry a little more weight than than people that look back to the past and still can't see what really happened think.Looking back ,thinking if DW4 would have started all year,thinking what if, without realizing that injuries kept him from being ready, just further proves why we pay the coaches the Big Bucks.

Mar 11, 2017, 8:58 AM [ in reply to This is the logic that put Cole Stoudt ahead of DW4 ]

If we see multiple QBs then things are not going good.
Would be nice to have a clear cut starter that we can get 2 years out of.

Mar 11, 2017, 9:10 AM

Thank you Badb.

Maybe , just maybe, thaty broken collar bone

Mar 11, 2017, 9:33 AM [ in reply to This is the logic that put Cole Stoudt ahead of DW4 ]

that kept DW4 out of his first spring kept him from being ready to start the season. Had he not suffered injury,he would have been ready to start vs UGA.

Likewise, TE and JS gave us proof later in bowl season that they could adjust their offensive plan(unlike the Chad) to fit Cole at QB. He looked all world against Oklahoma.

The Keyboard Warriors however, have never proven a thing, other than their ability to second guess and complain.I'll stick with the coaches.

Pretty clear this coaching staff is in over their heads.

Mar 11, 2017, 8:51 AM

#disappointing

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: Pretty clear this coaching staff is in over their heads.

Mar 11, 2017, 9:07 AM

Come on Francis- you know as good as I that no one is saying that. We all want the same thing but I think people have apprehension that we could get into another Cole situation...

It would be ashamed if we did repeat that scenario because most people really believe we can win it all again this year.

Re: Pretty clear this coaching staff is in over their heads.

Mar 11, 2017, 9:24 AM

We have the talent to be right there and only FSU has the same.
They do have an experienced QB and like with us this season could be the difference

The op's argument is Coleesque.

Mar 11, 2017, 10:38 AM [ in reply to Re: Pretty clear this coaching staff is in over their heads. ]

I'm simply saying this staff has earned the benefit of the doubt from me.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

We haven't even had a full scrimmage yet

Mar 11, 2017, 12:13 PM

there is no excuse for this type indecisiveness! We should name a starter at every position now!

This is what happens with Co-OC's

Good post and good discussion ... really all about D. Watson

Mar 11, 2017, 2:02 PM

Our coaches deserve all the credit in the world for managing the special talent that is Deshaun Watson. And it is important to note even with all our quality coaches, Clemson does not win the natl championship or even get a sniff of the playoffs without the one-of-a-kind Mr. Watson. We owe him A LOT.

This year's QB crop will likely lose a game or two or three. The best players on the team are now Dexter Lawrence and Christian Wilkins. We will need to beat Auburn with a strong defensive effort. There is equal or more pressure on BV and our Defense IMHO as the QB should not be expected to beat Auburn in game 2. So Dabo, TE and Jeff will have to make the right decision on who to start in game 2 (and they will) based on who is ready and not on who is the most talented QB.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Good post and good discussion ... really all about D. Watson

Mar 11, 2017, 2:46 PM

The one thing I don't want to see is Dabo doing what he did with Watson and Stoudt. If Kelly can win this job, that's great. Don't make him the starter because he has been here the longest. Hunter Johnson is the real deal. Zerrick Cooper can throw that football. Has Byrant improved his passing skills ?

Re: QB Decision Solved

Mar 12, 2017, 12:30 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nUJkVIX0jI

Re: QB Decision Solved

Mar 12, 2017, 12:36 AM

Looks like Hunter passing to Kelly to me ;)

Replies: 36
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic