Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 45
| visibility 1

Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?

Jan 27, 2020, 7:48 AM

Friday night, fought the fog to go eat at a joint called Kitchen Sync. Had some meatballs with mashed potatoes and a burger. Sharkgirl had some variety of salad. It was pretty good but I cannot recommend their pulled pork.

Saturday, up earlyish to dig out around a drain pipe and clear some privet and such off my fence . Still a lot of work to but some progress was made. Then off to lunch and to have a few beers with RH and the Mrs. Hit up Yee Haw, liked my amber ale. Then off to Shoeless to surprise Sharkgirl. Later that night we discover our favorite taco shop has closed. It says they are relocating but they were open less than a week ago so I suspect something happened as this joint was authentic.

Sunday, slept in, didn't accomplish much. Heard about Kobe and those other folks. Started doing my taxes.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ate well, drank well, snorted

Jan 27, 2020, 7:52 AM

Mucous and boogers from this italianovirus I picked up from the madonna last week.
Got my Nyquiil nite time and raring to go this mawn. Picked up nuther numero uno, go all Tigers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Worked Friday, but the rest was good

Jan 27, 2020, 7:53 AM

Fri night - Met fam at Guy's Pizza for pizza and cheesy bread (aren't you proud, Aero?)

Sat - Went to Ingles, hung around the house, took McJr fishing at a pond with brother and nephew and the 4 of us kept 20 delicious bass

Sun - Church in the morning, lunch there afterwards, fooled around on the tractor.

There is a mouse that lives on the tractor. He runs out by my feet approximately 10 seconds after starting the engine. And EVERY SINGLE TIME I shriek like a little girl. I can't not do it.

Sorry to hear u suffer from musophobia...

Jan 27, 2020, 9:21 AM

Butt

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Somebody needs a pet

Jan 27, 2020, 9:25 AM [ in reply to Worked Friday, but the rest was good ]

Snek

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

One of my old tractors

Jan 27, 2020, 9:48 AM

There was a small hole in the seat. One day I sat down about to start the tractor and I felt something flexing on my back kind of like a pen15 but much longer.

I jumped up and turned to look and a snek was inside the back/cushion of the seat.

not a hole lot

Jan 27, 2020, 7:56 AM

-drywalled my wet bar expansion
-went to go 'inspect' a house for my sister in law to determine if she could make an offer without a real inspection (ended up being so much illegal modifications to the house I told her not to make an offer- There was at least $3-4k in electrical repair alone)
-Had Chicago style pizza for the 2nd time ever. Gotta say, I think I'm hooked now.

Re: not a hole lot

Jan 27, 2020, 7:57 AM

Illegal modifications?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Work requiring an inspection not permitted

Jan 27, 2020, 8:03 AM

Almost all of the wiring in the house was illegal. Half of the house had an open ground, Indoor rated romex used outdoors, etc. I didn't even open the electrical panel but I can bet I'd find at least 10 more things wrong. It had a 200 amp panel on a house built in the 50's. That alone is pretty #### sketch. I'd be willing to bet the service line is too small for 200. Apparently this house had a full price offer contingent on inspection on day 1 of the listing so she was trying to see if she could make an offer not contingent on an inspection. I highly recommended against it. Probably $20k in repairs just to fix all of the dumb stuff the previous h/o covered up/did wrong.

Just run a separate ground wire from each major appliance

Jan 27, 2020, 8:06 AM

to a string of ground rods under the house.

Easy Peasy.

Or do like I did and tell my wife to keep her shoes on while she uses the washing machine.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

The guy built an outdoor gazebo out of landscape timbers

Jan 27, 2020, 8:09 AM

told sil that the thing will rot out and fall over within 5 years. Too much cheaply built/modified stuff. I know I wouldn't invest in that place.

Re: The guy built an outdoor gazebo out of landscape timbers

Jan 27, 2020, 8:10 AM

He should have used railroad timbers. Duh.

of course

Jan 27, 2020, 8:14 AM

There's a huge stack of them by the rail yard off 26 in charleston. Pretty much last forever with the 'old' treatment method

Didn’t know my in laws were selling

Jan 27, 2020, 9:00 AM [ in reply to Work requiring an inspection not permitted ]

FiL has said often, “when we die, burn the house for the insurance because there’s no way you’re gonna sell it with all the #### I’ve done over the years. “

I said, “y’all are probably going to die in the fire”

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

Re: Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?

Jan 27, 2020, 7:58 AM

Friday - good. gym and Pizza dinner
Saturday - kids, gym and Steak Bits dinner
Sunday - church, kids, Hamburgers

Other than yelling at the mods, nothing really to note, which is nice. Needed a break from jam packed weekends.

8/10

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Purty good.

Jan 27, 2020, 8:04 AM

Cleaned up around the house.
Got drunk with the wife and brother.
Sold some crap on ebay.
Lost some weight on Keto.
Lemon Pepper wings on the PitBoss.
Steaks on the PitBoss.
Beercan Chicken on the PitBoss.
Bought the supplies for my new pool fence.
Watched Harold and Kumar.
Watched Get Him to the Greek.
Watched some old episodes of Curb your Enthusiasm.
Daughter diagnosed with Flu B.

I think that's about it.

Got drunk with the wife and brother.

Jan 27, 2020, 8:07 AM

I've scene this before

*MY* brother, not *A* brother.

Jan 27, 2020, 8:09 AM

Big difference.

I read it correctly the first time***

Jan 27, 2020, 8:17 AM

2 brothers 1 spouse?

Jan 27, 2020, 8:51 AM

amirite?

Panta Rhei Heraclitus

Re: busy stacking, trashing, selling, and packing

Jan 27, 2020, 8:07 AM

moving sucks.

Getting the house ready to place on market - in a hurry!

Got contractors coming to assist with expedite this week. Hope to knock this out, and get all stuff moved out in about 2 weeks.

It's amazing how clear your mind can be when you relinquish a burden. I would assume that true of any burden. Mine has been eating at me for a couple years now. Like a weight off.

Onward and upward!

Merry Monday, Jungers!

Still at Disney

Jan 27, 2020, 8:11 AM

Friday we packed the van.
Saturday drove to Orlando and got settled in.
Sunday went to Animal Kingdom. Got there at rope drop to ride Flight of Passage. Worth it.
Today we’re headed to Magic Kingdom.

Hitting a park every day through Friday then leaving Saturday.

If you fail to ride the Aerosmith ride

Jan 27, 2020, 8:15 AM

you deserve some indigestion.

I feel like I could have found a better use for that

Jan 27, 2020, 9:29 AM [ in reply to Still at Disney ]

$18,700, but hey...you're making memories with the kids. You ARE with kids, right?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

7yo daughter (no pigs) and 5yo son

Jan 27, 2020, 1:42 PM

$18,700 is meh. Not UDP.

Enjoyed the nice weather

Jan 27, 2020, 8:48 AM

Saturday- Sidwall pizza for lunch papas & beer for supper
Sunday- had a glorious hazelnut torte and homemade merengues at a friends b-day party

Spent as much time in between outside

Panta Rhei Heraclitus

Complaints are few.

Jan 27, 2020, 8:59 AM

Friday, home to walk the pup, started drinking beers and making pizza, watched music almost all night, gotta love the era of streaming on smart TVs...Austin Music Live channel on the XUMO app, the Live Replay channel on the Pluto TV app, and the Relix app on YouTube kept me going all night. Did stay up way too late and watched the classic Father Goose with Cary Grant and Leslie Caron.

Saturday, got up and headed to Greenville for a day trip. Went to look at the wedding venue where Joonyer's wedding will be in June, then stopped at the Taylors Mill complex and looked at rehearsal dinner space. Checked out 13 Stripes Brewery and had a pretty good beer. It's an awesome complex and when they get it completely finished, it should be a really hopping entertainment district. Then, went downtown and ate lunch at Yee Haw, aero joined us for a beer, we frowned a lot at Clemson basketball game. Then headed over to Shoeless Brewing to see SharkGirl, who proceeded to try and get me drunk with large samples of every beer they make. Left there pretty buzzed (and glad the Mrs. was driving for once) to get back to RH and take care of the pup. Watched something on TV and fell asleep in the Big Chair, woke up, crashed.

Sunday, lots of coffee, long morning stroll with pup, quick shower and off to grocery for the first run in two weeks. Didn't spend what I was dreading I would, so winning. Home to put groceries away, found out about Kobe while watching boring two hand touch football, flipped over to Circle TV and watched a 3 hour Allman Brothers documentary, which was glorious. Baked chicken breasts, sun dried tomato, spinach, and cheese stuffed portobello mushroom caps, and salad for supper. Back to the couch tour to stream music the rest of the night. Watched a couple of good concerts from Folk Family Revival and Sour Bridges on the Austin Music Live channel.

Pretty laid back weekend, great day trip to Greenville Saturday, the only complaint is that this pulled back muscle lingers to aggravate me and riding in the car Saturday didn't do me any favors. Getting old sucks. Still...247 Sports ranks it as the number one overall weekend of last weekend. Thanks Dabo!

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

very good weekend.

Jan 27, 2020, 9:00 AM

Friday: didn't do much. ate light, watched TV before heading to bed.

Saturday: Went to work for a few hours then to see Myfavjr.'s basketball games. He's 8 and had a double-double the second game. Won both. Went over to my pond and fiddled-farted over there for an hour or so. Listened to the TV while assembling a video game for my son. grilled steak and potatoes, steamed broccoli.

Sunday: worked for a couple of hours, church, ate dinner with Mom. Picked up son from his mom's, took him to church practice, ate pizza, played hockey on PS4, read and bed.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 27, 2020, 9:10 AM

Fri. Meh

Sat Meh

Sunday day...kind of a bummer with Kobe dying, but went had some drinks with a cute woman and I see some promise.

Jan 27, 2020, 9:12 AM

You still owe us a BIG one for ghosting the junge on the '10'.

Jan 27, 2020, 9:20 AM

There is a difference between the two. The 10 was looking for financial help. I never followed through. This one is more like a really cool 7. And no pigs. Cant do it.

East Coast Party don't ever End.....

Jan 27, 2020, 9:14 AM

Same as last weekend, except Pro Bowl. Taking old tv to Recycle Center today. Switching crappy file cabinet for heavy duty one.

ERish

Jan 27, 2020, 9:14 AM

Friday was typical, did a little work and was just kinda lazy

Saturday I worked in the morning from home, then ran some errands with the gf before heading up to Bowen's Landing for dinner. She had the filet mignon and I had the low country boil. Came home and watched a little TV before bed. Made sexy time and fell asleep.

Here comes the PHI part. RIP HIPAA

Woke up at 12am on the dot with a sore achy back. The kinda feeling you have when you've slept in the same position for too long and need to roll over. However that didn't help. the pain was in the middle of my back and when I laid in any position I could feel it through out my entire rib cage. This happened to me Friday the 18th as well. Same exact feeling/symptoms. That night I popped a couple of Aleve's and laid in the recliner. This night I did the same but it didn't help. I couldn't get in any position that felt okish. So around 230 I decided to go to the ER. My BP was high which is abnormal for me and everything else checked out ok. EKG, oxygen, HR, all normal. The doc was like "Oh you prob pulled a muscle heres 1600mg of Motrin and some flexeril". They sent me home feeling much better. Called my doc this AM

Sunday, no clue thanks to all the meds and no sleep Sat night.

RIP Kobe and friends

Jan 27, 2020, 9:21 AM

Rib cage pain must be a sign of getting old. I went through the exact scenario a few years ago right down to the ER visit. Still hits me every 4-5 months.

How is Bowen’s Landing? We went awhile back and swore we’d never go back but we know a lot of folks that love it.

PS - don’t know why t-net won’t let me put a subject on this post

Panta Rhei Heraclitus

Re: .

Jan 27, 2020, 9:27 AM

I like BLs. There's nothing major to write home about but its better than all the other choices we have in the Inman/BS area

Pulled a muscle during sexy time?

Jan 27, 2020, 9:22 AM [ in reply to ERish ]

What posish?

Re: Pulled a muscle during sexy time?

Jan 27, 2020, 9:26 AM

No sexy time on the 18th but I did get a muscle pulled.

Tote has the Coronavirus everyone!!***

Jan 27, 2020, 9:56 AM [ in reply to ERish ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I feel you on that back thang.

Jan 27, 2020, 10:25 AM [ in reply to ERish ]

Pulled a lower back muscle a week ago Saturday and it's way better now, but the first day I was immobile, the second day I stayed home and did heat/stretch/Icy Hot and repeat endlessly. Went to the office and came home to work from home Tuesday and Wednesday, more of an annoyance Thursday and Friday but stayed all day. Felt pretty good Friday night, but being in the car so much Saturday seems to have set me back to the annoying stage yesterday and today. Not even sure how I did it...best I can figure was lifting the bass cabinet into the car but I didn't feel anything until a few hours after that. Didn't help to stand around with a 9 pound bass strapped on for 5 hours that Saturday night, I'm sure.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I feel you on that back thang.

Jan 27, 2020, 10:44 AM

Im not so sure this is a pulled anything. The pain was completely gone yesterday and no signs of it today. Same was the 1st instance. Pain was completely gone the next day. We'll see what BS my family doctor comes up with today.

Pretty good.

Jan 27, 2020, 9:32 AM

Friday no kids at house so just went out to eat and then chilled. Did have half my upstairs electric blow so running extension cord to master bedroom until I can get electrician there. Went to the UNC vs Miami basketball game on Saturday, very fun. Then Sunday fixed the garage door (a wheel had worn off) and cleaned house all day.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Friday night, went to sleep.

Jan 27, 2020, 9:33 AM

Sat AM woke and went to nephew's basketball game. Then off to see Dad and fill his bird feeders. Then to grocery store for the weekly run.

We divided and conquered on Saturday. Wife took kids to lunch with her folks after the basketball game. Then she went to Bed Bath and Beyond and bought new bath mats to replace our 17 year old bath mats. Then she went and bought drapes for the dining room (we've been in our house 8 years BTW). She has never purchased drapes in 18 years. She and the oldest son went to Sam's also.

Came back unloaded Sams and groceries.

Sunday were planning to go to church. Oldest son complained night before and wife told him we ALL go to church or no one. So Sunday she wakes up with the middle son's pinkeye. So we don't go to church, although I wanted to take the boys. Sent her a phone app to get a doc to prescribe drops for her eye and I went and got them.

Boys played outside for a while and oldest son and I finished his cub scout project, which resulted in a clean garage.

TLDNR - Not much.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wife was out of town on Th-Sat

Jan 27, 2020, 10:09 AM

So I had the kids all to myself. Friday I worked from home since I had to get kids to school and pick up. Was nice, except I tried a home workout at lunch time since I was being lazy and it made me want to throw up. 10 Burpees, 20 High Knees, 10 pushups, 20 split lunges, 30 second rest, repeat x 5. Quite intense. Picked up kids from school and went to basketball game #1 where the boys played as far out in Rock Hill as you can get without being in Chester County. Quick dinner at Chic-fil-a then basketball game #2 in downtown Rock Hill. Home to veg out on couch and watch Lion King II and Lion King 1-1/2. LK II isn't bad, LK 1.5 sucks.

Saturday morning gym, treadmill for 7+ miles cause cannot leave kids there and run outside. Brunch at the usual spot, fantastic chicken fajita omelette w/o cheese. Home to clean up house - sweep, mop, clean kitchen, dust furniture, put up kids crap. Wife gets home and we finish cleaning and venture out for new tennis shoes for kids and dinner. Moved her car from one repair place to another. Dude wanted $950 for timing belt replacement (among $3600 in suggested repairs). Hon Doc wanted $725 (+/- $1600 total). Got home, Wife missed me, apparently alot.

Sunday up for church, lunch, grocery store, home to change, back to church for BB practice, home for dinner but no gas in grill so grab some pizza. Over to Mom's to help get house ready for Dad to get home and then back to my house to put kids to bed. Off to bed and as much as I missed her, it's fun when wife gets back home.

Up for work, get to Charlotte, wife calls and tells me the car seats are in the back of the truck. Oops. Car will be fixed today and this will not be an issue moving forward.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No down time these days

Jan 27, 2020, 10:18 AM

Friday was a bit of a blur, ran around the whole upstate it felt like. Went to check on my boat, went back and forth about bottom painting it. No idea what I'm going to do right now, trailering really sucks, but so would my resale if I paint it. Tough decisions. Still giving it a 'refresh' though, all white and blue striping is coming off. Planning on leaving the sides navy blue with an orange boot stripe, I think it's going to look really good. Also looked at a couple of potential project boats.

Went to the boat show Saturday morning to look at over priced boats. Nothing really spectacular there, although some of the fit and finished were god awful. I was specifically interested in the Bluewave bay boats, but the two that were there looked like they were 4 year old used charter boats. Filthy, discolored vinyl, it'd be hard to buy a boat from a dealer who had no problem bringing boats in that condition to a show. Nautic Star fit and finish was appalling, but I am glad to see the Monster Energy drink-like graphics fad seems to have gone away. Wakeboard boats again were laughably priced for what they are.

I will say, those of you who live on the lake prepare thy anus. Based on some of the tabs these surf boats are running, the local lakes are going to become oceans.

Got home and flew the drone around the lake, confirmed I do have the range to spy on Tigerpride's love cove. Not much after that.

Sunday re-arranged my office/aquarium room into a playroom for little lakebum. He's really taken a liking to my big orange fish Mr. Pablo, so he can watch him swim around now and eat the other fish.

Sunday night moms blood pressure dropped, so had to run over there. She's currently in the ICU, so cancelling appointments for this week, etc. May be a rough one...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Shoot man, good luck to her

Jan 27, 2020, 10:28 AM

and you guys too. Tough situation.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pretty Good.

Jan 27, 2020, 10:20 AM

Had a bottle share Saturday night, which meant I was cleaning up a good bit of the day, but everything was done.

Sunday, I put down a deposit for a Fisker Ocean and binged Breaking Bad.

Beyond that, pretty uneventful weekend.

Replies: 45
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic