Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
President Trump will start his own social media network
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 802

President Trump will start his own social media network

Mar 22, 2021, 7:36 AM

This is precisely the right track to take, if one has the means and doesn't like the way the other platforms are run. Whining about it on the other platforms is silly. Good for him.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: President Trump will start his own social media network

Mar 22, 2021, 8:01 AM

That was a always a given that's what he would do. It will be interesting to see how it does. It will obviously be a conspiratorial driven platform.

Mar 22, 2021, 8:09 AM

It'll be fascinating to see what the reach of it is.

Probably not what he hopes. Parler's back up, so it's not like the right doesn't have options now. The thing about Twitter was its universal reach, its ability to span right and left and connect to anybody in the world. But just because he sets up, say, "Trumpet", it doesn't guarantee him any kind of user base.

He's jumping into a very crowded tech market, here, and again, he's just another businessman. We've seen his track record in such endeavors. I think he probably ends up losing his shirt on it.

They key is whether or not it's a good product.

Mar 22, 2021, 8:12 AM

It sounds overly simple, but that's it. If it's a good product, it will get used. If not, it won't.

Re: They key is whether or not it's a good product.

Mar 22, 2021, 8:13 AM

Good in what regard? If it's a space where all the nutcases can come together it will be good in that regard. It will have a utility value.

I mean if it works.

Mar 22, 2021, 8:15 AM

From what I've heard, Parler is just an inferior technical product. So I don't think it will be a success. Seems like people that use it are still mainly using Twitter/Facebook.

Mar 22, 2021, 8:47 AM [ in reply to Re: They key is whether or not it's a good product. ]

I had to leave T’net yesterday to lead life with my family. Sorry.

I checked back in early this a.m. to see if you had already assumed your daylong presence in front of your computer and on T'net ... and there you were. I also saw that late yesterday you questioned and slandered my service in the USAF. I will not lower myself to respond, but I feel certain that you never served. Given your level of vitriol, perhaps you were/are an academician.

In addition to seeing you again start expressing your obvious Trump Derangement Syndrome this morning, I noticed in yet another one of your myriad of posts yesterday that you referred to DJT as a “con man” and his 75 million + actual voters as “idiots.” Yes … shame on the “con man” and us “idiots” for putting America first; wanting the U.S. to be a sovereign country … with a wall, and controlled immigration; funding a military that focuses on actually protecting us, versus being a social experiment where its “diverse” members can’t run, shoot straight or drive tanks; supporting two biological sexes; creating an economy free to prosper and create jobs rather than being strangled by redundant, oppressive regulations; striking a balance between a clean environment and energy independence as opposed to expecting the fantasies of wind and solar power to meet the U.S.’s future energy needs … while China overtakes our economy with reliable fossil fuels over the next 9 years; striving for equal opportunity and not demanding equal “outcomes;” supporting and enacting real prison reform measures and historic, ongoing funding for HBCU’s rather than just giving these things lip service; and us clinging to our Bibles and guns … to protect our families and ourselves from evildoers like you. Yes, “bro,” we really are “idiots,” aren't we?

To think that this country can continue to survive the policies that you and others like you profess is a tribute to your collective ignorance and arrogance. Although you play the part of the dangerous fool quite well, yesterday, I did pray for your potential enlightenment. Have a blessed day!

Mar 23, 2021, 10:34 AM

MUST PROTECT DADDY!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 22, 2021, 8:15 AM [ in reply to They key is whether or not it's a good product. ]

When does Trump ever hire good people and execute something well?

Mar 22, 2021, 10:44 AM

Hiring was definitely an issue for him. But talking about executing well?

Beat the Clinton machine along with the establishment media and swamp creatures to become president.

Middle East peace deals

Killed 2 terrorists with drone strike. It also didn’t lead to a war which you and your leftist buddies cried about

Securing our southern border.

Executed record funding to HBCU’s. You aren’t racist right?

Prison reform which helped people get out of prison that were thrown in from sleepy’s crime bill. Again, you aren’t racist are you?

Eased tensions w/ North Korea

Didn’t start any new wars

Overall his foreign policy was great.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 22, 2021, 10:59 AM

Great googly moogly the mind reels.

I would respond but...there is simply no point.

Mar 22, 2021, 8:12 AM [ in reply to Re: President Trump will start his own social media network ]

It will be another Parler Q site. What will be interesting to see is how many people are part of it just to witness that craziness.

I think you're underestimating his marketing savvy.

Mar 22, 2021, 8:15 AM [ in reply to Re: President Trump will start his own social media network ]

I'll finish my thoughts on this after enjoying my bottle of luxurious Trump Ice® water.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think you're underestimating his marketing savvy.

Mar 22, 2021, 8:20 AM

Straight out of the Hudson.

The Trump winery is very cool too. Mmmmmmm

Mar 22, 2021, 8:29 AM [ in reply to I think you're underestimating his marketing savvy. ]

Actually it is a.nice place. Can go there and to Dave Matthews winery right around the corner

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 22, 2021, 10:09 AM [ in reply to Re: President Trump will start his own social media network ]

What's one more bankruptcy, more or less ?

It'll be like everything else he does. Just an excuse to brandish his name about.

The question is will it last until 2024 ??

Mar 22, 2021, 8:20 AM

going by Trumps track record of surrounding himself with the best and brightest, letting them do their jobs, and not micromanaging EVERYTHING, I anticipate this will fail, badly. It is the exact same reason all of his buildings are so dang ugly.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 22, 2021, 2:48 PM

If he uses a phone app, he is 100% subject to Google and Apple just pulling the plug at their whim.

He can get around using Amazon web services or similar and do the HRC thing to set up his own services at a data center.

So I am wondering if they might make a sophisticated web site that they host. In theory, the user interface could look just like a Twitter, Parlor, whatever. It is easy to know what phone a person is on, so if you have the money you could probably do a pretty good job of making a web site look and feel like an app.

If they did that, then Apple and Google have no recourse except to eliminate all their web browser apps, which they will not do.

Otherwise, how can Trump not be subject to Apple/Google kicking him off?

He does have the option of abiding by their

Mar 22, 2021, 3:21 PM

terms of service, like 99.99% of conservatives on social media.

Re: He does have the option of abiding by their

Mar 22, 2021, 3:25 PM

Of course their main mantra is "Rules for Thee, Not for Me"

Mar 23, 2021, 10:57 AM [ in reply to Re: President Trump will start his own social media network ]

It's not going to matter what he does.

Trump is going to have to hire tech people.

Just go through that in your head for a minute, and then come back and tell me how that's going to work out for him. Because I'm sure he's going to go poach all the very best people from Twitter and show them how they do it over at Trumpet. And they're just going to line up, hat in hand, to go work for Donald Trump.

I was involved in a medical software start-up myself, by the way. Couldn't find anyone on linkedin or the web, so I went poking around one day down at Iron Yard in Greenville, looking for tech people...there were tumbleweeds blowing around in the cubicles. They just aren't out there.

I wish Donald the very best of luck.

Replies: 20
| visibility 802
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic