Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
HEY RECRUITS, if SEC schools want to use SEC as...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 2,735

HEY RECRUITS, if SEC schools want to use SEC as...

Jan 29, 2013, 1:11 PM

abargaining tool against ACC,...fine. We can use the SEC against them. (There are major disadvantages too)

With 5 teams in the top 10 in the recruiting... You're just one among others get in there and compete. You'll also be palying against other teams with yoru level of talent. What will your stats look like that way???

With the SEC having 5 teams in top 10 in polls...Only 2 can go to bcs bolws and even when the new system is done there wont be room for more than 3. So do you want to take your chances in being on the right team. Looks to me like BAMA would be a good choice (if they dont have 10 already at yoru position) but outside of that, WHO can guarentee a spot in the top 2 or three in SEC? You better be happy with Cap One & Cotton Bowls ask Jadaveon Clownney, all he has to show is back to back 11 wins, a cap one win and an outback win over a 5 loss Michigan team.**** Use your head...

Two identical players one signs with Clemson. One signs with FL or GA? WHo plays in more BCS bolws the next 4 years?

I would take CLemson right now.

Rank SEC schools and Clemson right now in which teams have best chance of playing in BCS bolws and NT games.

BAMA (clearly ahead of everyone)
Clemson ( not cause we're better but competion)
FL, GA, LSU, TEXAS AM, SC, (all tied)

WHY??

We have less to compete with.
FSU and Clemson....and then a few teams that are trying.
FSU lost so many coaches, and players and come to CU this year. They may be hunting a HC in the next few years if thigns dont turn around. VT?? Miami?? UNC???

I like the spot we're in and smart players will see it too. We are siting pretty.

RECRUITS...BE SMARTER THAN THE SEC coaches make you out to be. SEC is great but there are disadvantages that you need to look at!

Clemson is an SEC type school with SEC type facilities and fans. In a conference good enough to have a BCS bowl locked down. We play the SEC schools regularly. We have less standing in the way of you doing big things.

If the deals between the BIG 12 ans ACC go like it appears to be heading, the money is soon to be equal, and palying big name teams such as OK, TEX and such would be regular.

Don't buy the SEC crap. Follow your heart and let the PAW say it ALL!

Go Tigers, ACC CLEMSON TIGERS that is!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

na, that approach would be counterproductive

Jan 29, 2013, 1:23 PM

better not to talk down your own conference and talk up the other conference even more when things are not quite that bad in the ACC and not quite that good in the SEC.

I also think what you say here is just not true, or at least it's extremely short-sighted:

"FSU and Clemson....and then a few teams that are trying.
FSU lost so many coaches, and players and come to CU this year. They may be hunting a HC in the next few years if thigns dont turn around. VT?? Miami?? UNC???"

But FSU and Clemson have really only been the cream of the crop for the last couple of years, and two years ago VT won 10 or 11 games and was in the Sugar Bowl. NC State finished up the year so well that they were ranked and expected to beat Tennessee in their first game. GT was a great team just a few years ago; UNC and Miami certainly have the talent and tradition to be top notch, and both finished on an upswing; BC was in the top ten just a few years ago. The fact is that our road to a BCSC is probably easier than a team in the SEC West, but it really isn't as much easier and you're trying to make it sound. You should also consider that last season was a low water mark for pretty much every ACC team (of those not on probation) except Clemson and FSU. So let's not pretend 2012 was a normal season, and one we can expect to repeat itself far out into the future.

A better strategy would be to talk about how many SEC teams play power football, which isn't very compatible with speedy receivers and RBs or QBs who are mobile. You can talk about Clemson's offensive system and the points, yards, and plays we put up. You can sell players on Clemson's defensive tradition and a chance to play early. At any rate, I don't think you gain much by talking up your competition and talking down your own.

Message was edited by: camcgee®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: HEY RECRUITS, if SEC schools want to use SEC as...

Jan 29, 2013, 1:25 PM

Good post and I agree with your thoughts. One big hurdle is that many of these kids have a lot of people in their ear that know very little about anything unless they hear it on EsecPN. Either way, you have a great argument. The only downside I see is that this is TN and some 18 year-old is going to feel superior by correcting your spelling. Once again, good post.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We have less to compete with? Did I miss something?

Jan 29, 2013, 3:05 PM

I know our schedule hasn't been officially released yet but I'd like to inform you that we will be scheduled to play against 3 top 10 teams this season with 2 being from the mighty SEC.

Also, we don't play less games than other schools.

Also, our assistant coaches are the highest paid in the entire country.

(We have just as much to compete with as anybody is my point. The fact that you think we have less is quite disturbing. I think you should buy some new Clemson apparel.)

preachin

Jan 29, 2013, 3:15 PM

Let me get this straight...a recruit will say, I am going to the ACC where football is weak and compition will be less of a factor when trying to make a team. I will play with an inferior offense or defense and make me look like a great player because the SEC is loaded with the real talent. Thats your selling point? Well good luck with that....to be the best you have to beat the best.

Re: preachin

Jan 29, 2013, 3:45 PM

That's exactly what I read also. "that conference is too tough and you don't want to play where it's tough".... not the best argument. Most people in life are motivated by challenges not by being given something.

Bama is loaded with talent the SEC is NOT***

Jan 30, 2013, 9:33 AM

The simple truth is this...

Jan 29, 2013, 4:29 PM

...outside the Bowl alliances which pigeon hole BOTH conferences..here's what the SEC is selling:

Bryant Denny
Sanford
Ben Hill Griffey
Jordan Hare
Williams Brice
Vaught Hemingway
Death Valley
War Memorial
Kyle Field
etc....

That's playing in front of 80,000 plus EVERY weekend.

Here's where you're playing in the ACC:

Memorial Stadium
Ben Hill Griffey

from there...
Duke, Wake, Syracuse, Pitt (half empty NFL stadium), Miami (1/4 full NFL stadium), BC

NC, UVA, and VT are OK...certainly nothing to compare with the top 2 ACC and the rest of the SEC.

Lost me at the coot stadium. Rusted erector set with a

Jan 29, 2013, 4:43 PM

smell only a skunk could love in a depressing getto. Yea that is what these other SEC athlets have to look forward to. LOL!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Misspelled 'Deaf Valley'.***

Jan 29, 2013, 4:51 PM [ in reply to The simple truth is this... ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Which places would you rather visit .....

Jan 29, 2013, 11:35 PM [ in reply to The simple truth is this... ]

- Cootlumbia, South Carolina
- Starkville, Mississippi
- Oxford, Mississippi
- Fayetteville, Arkansas
- Columbia, Missouri
- College Station, Texas
- Tuscaloosa, Alabama

or

- Miami, Florida
- Boston, Massachusetts
- Washington, DC
- Atlanta, Georgia
- Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Louisville, Kentucky

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Which places would you rather visit .....

Jan 30, 2013, 6:55 AM

The problem with that argument is, we ain't going on vacation, we're going to play ball. The boys are either in the stadium or the hotel.

I see you fail to mention Death Valley which trumps all the

Jan 30, 2013, 9:34 AM [ in reply to The simple truth is this... ]

above...but thats what i expect from a slanted, biased sucker...

band1

Jan 30, 2013, 7:18 AM

Charlie said it all. I would rather go to the SEC venues for football. The others are great vacation sots but for major college football Miami pulls hundreds....Boston College a few thousand. Georgia Tech maybe 30 thousand ....apples and oranges ???

yeah...Clemson outdraws the SEC with 80+ thousand and

Jan 30, 2013, 9:31 AM

better facilities

Yeah, except Clemson is better than Bama this now.

Jan 30, 2013, 9:44 AM

Why do you think Saban is crying to the NCAA about the HUNH offense? Bama's bread and butter is identical to LSU's. Powerful deep defenses, blow you off the LOS offenses and solid special teams.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

1/2cup

Jan 30, 2013, 9:50 AM

...you are going to make me add delusional to your name. Check your facts and get back. Clemson dew le. ss than 80 (79,429) thousand per game and the SEC had Ala 101,000 Uga 92,000 LSU 92,000 Tenn 89,000 Fla. 87,000 Texas A&M 87,000 Auburn 82,000 SoCar 80,000...you are wrong yet again..

1/2cup

Jan 30, 2013, 9:55 AM

In your little mind I think you believe these things. That makes it true ONLY in your mind. The rest of the world sees things for what they really are.

Replies: 17
| visibility 2,735
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic