Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Prayers for former South Carolina QB Anthony Wright
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

Prayers for former South Carolina QB Anthony Wright

Jul 2, 2019, 10:26 AM

Was shot multiple times in broad daylight but is in stable condition at a hospital. I know none of us have a much love for the folks in Columbia but we do love football, and he was a good player with eight years in the NFL. I love beating the mess out of the Gamecocks on the field but I wish them health and safety off of it; past, present and future players. Prayers for Anthony; hope he fully recovers.

https://247sports.com/Article/Anthony-Wright-shot-South-Carolina-NFL--133361228/

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Prayers for former South Carolina QB Anthony Wright

Jul 2, 2019, 10:56 AM

I always felt bad for that guy, super talented athlete with a great arm. Brad Scott convinced him he would be the next Charlie Ward. But instead he became just another coot.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 2, 2019, 12:04 PM

Most coots dont have 8 year NFL careers.

He's actually the ONLY one that had any semblance of

Jul 2, 2019, 12:22 PM

an NFL career, all the others spent time on the practice squad (except for Shaw's 5 games played in) if they made a roster at all...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He wasn't Charlie Ward level, but at the time,

Jul 2, 2019, 12:19 PM [ in reply to Re: Prayers for former South Carolina QB Anthony Wright ]

I wished that we could have gotten him, and as it turns out, his ceiling was been higher than any QB that has ever played there... I think he probably would have been our QB1 over Nealon Greene, Brandon Streeter and Slade Nagle because he threw a better ball than Greene and just as good as a dual threat and was definitely better than Streeter as a dual threat...

AWright is actually a pretty laid back guy, never created any issues off the field.... definitely praying for his recovery...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 2, 2019, 11:18 AM

That's tough . Hope he's gonna be fine .

DB23

Jul 2, 2019, 11:54 AM

Sorry to hear this. Prayers sent. Just too much of this stuff happening these days. Way too much

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 2, 2019, 11:56 AM

Praying for a full and fast recovery. ??????

Jul 2, 2019, 11:59 AM

Just saw a notice from the Concord police on the city wide bulletin board about their search for the perp who shot him. Incident was also on WBTV in Charlotte last night and there's an article about it on WBTV.com for any interested in further details. Didn't recognize Anthony's name until the OP mentioned the connection. Hope he makes a full recovery.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the only good politician is a dead politician.

Jul 2, 2019, 12:05 PM

Hopefully he makes a full recovery and the dude who shot him is gone for 40 years.

Jul 2, 2019, 12:52 PM

Done! This is a tragic event. This is why I say I love you every time I talk to my kids, my Dad and other family members. Unfortunately we never know if it’s the last time we will see or talk to a loved one here on earth.

May God Bless Anthony Wright and his family.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 2, 2019, 5:33 PM

Praying! Thank you for posting.

Jul 3, 2019, 8:25 AM

Done!

Jul 2, 2019, 9:28 PM

How about a prayer that the shooter gets toasted crisp!!

Jul 3, 2019, 8:37 AM

I really hate to hear about this. Anthony Wright was, for some reason I've never figured out, one of the few Gamecocks I had a positive impression of during his time as a student/opponent. Wishing him the best and sending hopes for a quick, full recovery.

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic