Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Politico (ik ... threw up in my mouth a bit) says Chinese
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 1
| visibility 436

Politico (ik ... threw up in my mouth a bit) says Chinese

Apr 8, 2021, 10:04 PM

virus risk was known back in 2018 due to woefully unqualified workers at Wuhan Lab ...

I have to say my favorite part is where the author slams Tom Cotton for calling it a bio-weapon,
then later states that the Wuhan lab was involved with research in mice for the Chinese military looking at how the virus attacked human lung tissue.

Still buying the fruit bat / farmers market story ?

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2021/03/08/josh-rogin-chaos-under-heaven-wuhan-lab-book-excerpt-474322

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Politico (ik ... threw up in my mouth a bit) says Chinese

Apr 9, 2021, 8:39 AM

I saw that. There's this aspect of..."but Trump" and this tendency to push back on anything Trump says and admit that he may have been right. About anything. But especially the big stuff. The Chinese have always notoriously sukked at bioscience, which is why they've been so enthusiastically stealing so much of that from anywhere it's not nailed down lately, so no, it is not actually out of the realm of possibility a nasty bug took a walk out of one of their labs due to sloppy procedures. (It's worth noting this wasn't a "modded" bug because America's best virologists established early on that it hadn't been played with; it wasn't a bioweapon.)

But Team Trump may have actually been right; it may indeed have actually been a lab leak. I read that story a couple weeks ago, actually, and wondered if history might end up vindicating Donald, at least in regards to the origins of the virus.

(His own domestic handling of it, not so much. That was a train wreck.)

But if it walks like a duck, talks like a duck, quacks like a duck...I mean, c'mon, people....

For durn sure the Chinese were absolutely, utterly, completely uncooperative at the beginning of this crisis, covered up and withheld instead of sharing data, lied instead of sharing like anybody sane or responsible would have done, and that cost a @#$%-ton of lives. And once we're done sorting this mess out...there needs to be a long-term accounting for that.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 1
| visibility 436
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic