Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Grown men reaching over little kids to get autographs
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 55
| visibility 1

Grown men reaching over little kids to get autographs

Apr 9, 2016, 11:26 PM

Then getting mad if the players do not sign there stuff. It makes me so dang mad!! I had peo

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Grown men reaching over little kids to get autographs

Apr 9, 2016, 11:27 PM

People* reaching over me trying to cut in front with with little kids all around me and grown men in there reaching right over them. Pathetic!!

sounds like you are mad because it

Apr 10, 2016, 7:34 AM

Undermined YOUR efforts to get an autograph and the kids are pawns in your story.

Re: sounds like you are mad because it

Apr 10, 2016, 12:39 PM

Kids were walking all underneath me and I let them get the autograph instead of reaching in front of them. I was perfectly fine with not getting an autograph I was trying to get one but I wait my turn and let the kids go ahead of me not reach over peo

Apr 10, 2016, 12:40 PM [ in reply to sounds like you are mad because it ]

Kids were walking all underneath me and I let them get the autograph instead of reaching in front of them. I was perfectly fine with not getting an autograph I was trying to get one but I wait my turn and let the kids go ahead of me not reach over people acting crazy. You as well where most likely one of those guys reaching over people.

a signature from someone?

Apr 11, 2016, 8:49 AM

lol, pardner. Even as a young child I thought that was stupid.

Apr 11, 2016, 8:56 AM [ in reply to Re: sounds like you are mad because it ]

You what you're saying is grown men jumped in front of you LOL did it hurt your ebay sells

Apr 10, 2016, 9:20 AM [ in reply to Re: Grown men reaching over little kids to get autographs ]

I completely agree. That being said, I enjoy getting autographs, but as with much in life there is a right way and a wrong way to do things. I'm certainly not going to reach over a kid to get an autograph. If the player walks away and I don't get my autograph then so be it. I don't do it to make a buck, I just do it for fun and personal collection.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 10, 2016, 12:44 PM

Agree 100%.

Apr 9, 2016, 11:34 PM

Looked out of control around Watson as he tried to get off the field after the game. The man has 7 classes to study for and weight lifting at 5 AM! Let him go! Come back on fan day peeps.

Apr 9, 2016, 11:40 PM

Those kind of losers are going to destroy the tradition of going on the field after the game. Players are gonna start going straight to locker room. Some already do. Idiots want to pull and hang all over them

But you're fine with grown men taking creepy downshirt pics?

Apr 10, 2016, 6:56 PM

You're more immature than those seeking autographs.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ahhh! I long for the good old days when

Apr 10, 2016, 8:43 AM [ in reply to Re: Grown men reaching over little kids to get autographs ]

grown men passed out $100 bills
and little kids got sweat bands
as souvenirs

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 10, 2016, 12:26 AM

There's nothing wrong with it dude. You don't get that many chances to get players autographs these days.

Apr 10, 2016, 12:43 AM

If you're a grown up who freaks out over the opportunity to get the autograph of an athlete, you should be dragged behind a truck.

I agree.........***

Apr 10, 2016, 7:33 AM

It's These Millennials No Respect For Anything

Apr 10, 2016, 7:10 PM [ in reply to Re: Grown men reaching over little kids to get autographs ]

See What I Did There

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 11, 2016, 9:44 AM [ in reply to Re: Grown men reaching over little kids to get autographs ]

I bet you say that right to the people at the games, and not just on the Internet

Apr 10, 2016, 12:44 AM [ in reply to Re: Grown men reaching over little kids to get autographs ]

Thats no justification for cutting kids to get a college student's signature!

*Your signature is fitting

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 10, 2016, 2:46 AM [ in reply to Re: Grown men reaching over little kids to get autographs ]

You most likely are one of those guys. There are little kids all under the age of 12 and grown me are reaching over putting their picture and sharpie or hat and sharpie right in there face. How you think that is right I will never know. It's about the kids man. Should always be about the kids first.

It is like Trick or Treating......once I became a teenager,

Apr 10, 2016, 7:36 AM

13, that was the end of the line for me...Same with men wearing hats and jerseys with autographs...although, I would extend it a little bit. But, 17,18,19.....somewhere in that range, wearing autographed gear is off limits...

Am I too old school?

Re: It is like Trick or Treating......once I became a teenager,

Apr 10, 2016, 8:03 AM

No, a male over 12 should never wear a jersey with another man's name on it. Reserved for kids and hot chicks only. Reaching over a kid to get an autograph from an amature athlete is beyond pathetic

Apr 10, 2016, 8:04 AM

What if said adult is getting an autograph for his kid?

Apr 10, 2016, 12:42 PM

> What if said adult is getting an autograph for his
> kid?

Unless the kid is an infant which I was trying to do. Not okay and still nt okay to reach over people and not wait your turn. Imagine being a player having people put stuff right in your face. It's just crazy to me. Some people tho.

Apr 10, 2016, 1:53 PM

Wait a minute...you were an adult by yourself, waiting in line for an autograph? And your gripe is that another adult reached over you to get an autograph? You made it sound like you saw some guy shove your kid to the ground just to get to the front of the line. You really don't have any room to criticize here man, because you're really just an adult trying to get autographs. It doesn't matter if it's for your "infant" because honestly that kid isn't going to give a #### about the signature of a player they never watched play at Clemson. As a child, autograph's are exciting because you get to briefly meet the player in a crowd after a game in a big stadium. It's about the experience, not the signature--the signature is just a reminder of that moment, and that's why they like it. No child is going to fondly look at a signature and remember the time they were an infant and their dad was able to successfully maneuver a crowd in order to get Deshaun Watson's autograph.

Just admit it, the autograph is for you, and you're upset because another adult looking for signatures was simply more aggressive than you.

Apr 10, 2016, 2:40 PM

If I cared I would have been a punk like the rest and reached over kids and others. Kids kept coming underneath me and I let them in front while grown men are reaching over me an them putting stuff right in the players face. My wife wanted me to get an autograph from Deon Cain since our sons middle name is Cain named after Deon she wants to put in his shadow box. It just disgust me to see people reaching over kids to get an autograph when they are 40 year old men. Idc about the autograph much or I would have been a #### to. I figured you wait your turn in line not reach over people. You are pathetic like the ones doing so.

Did you not get Cain's?

Apr 10, 2016, 2:56 PM

Out of all the past and current players he by far in my opinion wasn't to good to sign autographs! Very polite and well mannered too! My wife was getting autographs for my son and everything was yes mam and no mam.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Did you not get Cain's?

Apr 10, 2016, 3:19 PM

I was right in front of him for a couple mins but I let the kids that were right beside me go ahead and then they came and told him he had to come on. He was very polite and did a great job. Grown me were just reaching over me putting it in his face when there were kids all around me half my size so I ofcourse let them go ahead I have a good heart. It just really gets to me that people cannot just wait. I wasn't upset I didn't get an autograph I'm just upset that there are Tiger fans that are like that that are grown men.

Apr 10, 2016, 3:32 PM [ in reply to Re: It is like Trick or Treating......once I became a teenager, ]

Fair enough, I guess. I still don't get it, but if that's what you like then that's fine.

But how am I the pathetic one in this situation? Because I made fun of you for being an adult waiting in line for an 18 year old's autograph?

Apr 10, 2016, 3:37 PM

If you don't think it is wrong for grown men to be reaching over people including kids to get an autograph yes you are. How do you not get that it would be cool for my son to have the autograph of a player he was named after to have his whole life? Oh well. I just wish people were respectful is all.

Apr 10, 2016, 3:43 PM

Oh, I definitely think those guys are losers. If you're getting an autograph for your son for whatever reason, fine. I don't get the draw, even with the connection, but that doesn't matter. The fact that you were trying to be respectful is good, even if I did poke fun at you.

Apr 10, 2016, 4:10 PM

Well I understand it is strange for me to be 23 trying to get an 18-19 years olds autograph lol. I think it would be cool for my son to have when he gets a little older knowing his middle name is from him. I will most likely go to fan day to try and get it from what I understand they have lines there. It just makes me ill when I'm letting kids go ahead of me and I have a grown man reaching over my shoulder and trying to get around me and all the kids that are around. It is what it is tho and some people are ignorant. The same guy that did that I heard walking of the field talking about it saying I had the picture right on his face and didn't sign it like he was mad at the player for it.

Apr 11, 2016, 9:01 AM

Nobody cares about your son. Well, certainly not me.

I got all the autographs I needed. Sorry yall didn't.

Apr 10, 2016, 3:58 PM [ in reply to Re: It is like Trick or Treating......once I became a teenager, ]

I wish I had Frank Howard and Banks McFadden's Sig, present for it or not. Just sayin'. I personally value sports memorabilia. That's just me, but you would never find me trying to bowl over a kid to get an autograph, or try to get them for resale.

Did not think about hot chicks.................***

Apr 10, 2016, 11:36 AM [ in reply to Re: It is like Trick or Treating......once I became a teenager, ]

Apr 11, 2016, 8:59 AM [ in reply to It is like Trick or Treating......once I became a teenager, ]

Wow just a minute Spud. I made my kids trick or treat until they we adults LOL candy is good. I can't eat a #### hat LOL

pretty pathetic for a grown man to be trying to get

Apr 10, 2016, 2:49 AM [ in reply to Re: Grown men reaching over little kids to get autographs ]

autographs. Leave that to the kids and grow up!

Re: pretty pathetic for a grown man to be trying to get

Apr 10, 2016, 3:18 AM

Never got the fascination of an autograph, there is a lack of mature grown men in this world. Autographs should be limited to kids only.

plus they are worth some good money

Apr 10, 2016, 5:41 AM [ in reply to Re: Grown men reaching over little kids to get autographs ]

no kid is getting in the way of my money

Re: plus they are worth some good money

Apr 10, 2016, 7:16 AM

Valid point.

What autograph is worth good money that you have...

Apr 10, 2016, 8:59 AM [ in reply to plus they are worth some good money ]

from a Clemson player? Most autographs are pretty worthless even among NFL players. Maybe is Watson signed his own helmet it might be worth a lot one day and that is just because we are expecting an amazing HOF NFL career. Autographs are generally pretty worthless. They are a novelty.

Apr 11, 2016, 8:40 AM [ in reply to Re: Grown men reaching over little kids to get autographs ]

If you're above the age of 17 and you reach over or push a little kid out of your way, yeah...yeah there is a lot wrong with it.

Douchebags that were doing that should have just hit up the surplus sale...plenty of jockstraps to sniff over there.

Apr 10, 2016, 9:16 AM

Now I have to make some new rules to keep the stupid azzes in line.

R1. CLEMSON should announce prior to the autograph period that KIDS ONLY will be allowed to receive autographs.

R2. If a grup wants an autograph, then they must bring a kid to the autograph session to get it, and pay the kid market value for said service for the creep.

Don't make me make more rules for the fools off the world. I can do this all day.

Well, the 15 poster/schedules I snagged weren't going to

Apr 10, 2016, 9:17 AM

autograph themselves. And my buyers on eBay aren't interested in the unsigned stuff.

Signed,
@GWPTiger

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

after all these years, i'd thought gwp would have a bunch

Apr 10, 2016, 9:22 AM

of kids on the payroll doing the dirty.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pretty sure his kids were in cola with their stepdad for the

Apr 10, 2016, 9:26 AM

UofSC (lol) spring debacle.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

mark my words, in a year or 2 when the twins realize they're

Apr 10, 2016, 9:33 AM

much smarter than the coot in the midlands footing the bill, they're going to start asking momma a lot of difficult questions.

that's when things should really warm up around here & speaking only for me - can't wait.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hey @GWP: about the 15 poster/schedules

Apr 10, 2016, 12:34 PM [ in reply to Well, the 15 poster/schedules I snagged weren't going to ]

....still have any to sell ( Oh! Which players' autographs, btw)?

Asking for my grandson!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

pop them rather than posting on tigernet***

Apr 10, 2016, 12:11 PM

Re: pop them rather than posting on tigernet***

Apr 10, 2016, 12:46 PM

I wanted to but I have a 2 month old and I cannot afford to go to jail. Dang I wanted to tho. I don't get why people cannot just wait their turn. It really is crazy.

Can't afford jail? You don't need any money to go to jail.

Apr 10, 2016, 1:19 PM

It's free.

Re: Can't afford jail? You don't need any money to go to jail.

Apr 10, 2016, 2:36 PM

I have to work and pay bills and be there with my child. Cannot afford jail sir!

The whole "a cot and 3 hots" being free is a lie

Apr 10, 2016, 7:08 PM [ in reply to Can't afford jail? You don't need any money to go to jail. ]

They bill you after you leave

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

Re: pop them rather than posting on tigernet***

Apr 10, 2016, 1:32 PM [ in reply to Re: pop them rather than posting on tigernet*** ]

There is nothing wrong with anyone wanting an autograph. I got a few at the NC game. But, I think the difference was the organization. Lines...people telling you when it was your turn...people making sure you did not ask for more than one...etc. Maybe they need to consider how things are set up.

Trying to get your stuff signed at all costs without considering others.....especially kids...that is just not cool.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What did you expect at a Carolina Women's Bsktball Game?!!***

Apr 10, 2016, 12:16 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Si vis pacem, para bellum (if you want peace, prepare for war)
USMC 1980-83
-Camp Lejeune
-Beirut, Lebanon
SC National Guard 1983-2018

Don't care, still got autographs. If I reached over one

Apr 11, 2016, 8:20 AM

of your kids to get some posters, helmets, pictures, programs, tickets, etc signed and they didn't get an autograph as a result, then I will be more than happy to sell you a piece of Clemson history or two. I gottta keep that eBay store stocked, especially with another championship run on the horizon. Sometimes that means boxing out the kids to get some autographs.

Please keep in mind that my eBay store prices generally start at $550 (shipping and handling is extra, that ranges from $69 - $249 depending on where you live) for some of the less popular items. Because they're the cheapest they almost always sell first, and then the remaining big ticket items will be gone by Father's day. I'll restock the store immediately after Father's Day. Happy bidding and remember to leave me a good seller review!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Replies: 55
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic