Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Play Calling for TL and KB
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1,810

Play Calling for TL and KB

Sep 24, 2018, 9:02 AM

For the player(s)/people thinking better plays are called for TL, well....that's because you can open up the playbook with a QB like him. If you want to run 100% of the playbook at any point in the game, play TL. If you want the offense to be limited with the play calling, then play KB. I think anyone that watches the game regardless of who you favor can see the difference. KB is good enough to win a lot of games, but the running game and defense usually does the majority of the work. To me he's just topped out at what he is and is still inconsistent and to indecisive at times. Like Herbie said earlier in the year, when playoff time rolls around and we play a Bama or UGA, TL will be the guy we need behind center. The ability to stretch the field is a huge dif in the passing game and opening up the running game even more.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Totally agree

Sep 24, 2018, 9:39 AM

Some of have argued this season that the playcalling for KB has not been good compared to TL, but I think it's clear the playbook is limited for KB for a reason. Against the truly elite teams you can't be one dimensional and expect to win.

Seems like an excuse to me

Sep 24, 2018, 9:49 AM

Almost like the people that were saying before the season that playing TL would open up the playbook were right

Re: Play Calling for TL and KB

Sep 24, 2018, 9:54 AM

There r times Kelly can help us. Has anyone notice when he's in ball snapped there is a hesitation for him and offensive line. It seems line much quicker and blocks better with TL. Plays seems to run smoother. What say you?

It is amazing how much better

Sep 24, 2018, 10:22 AM

our offense plays when Trevor is in at QB. Our OCs call a wider variety of plays, our OL seems to block better, our RBs get more yards per carry, and more WRs get involved. As a result, we move the ball better and score more points.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: Play Calling for TL and KB

Sep 24, 2018, 11:05 AM

KB is just to inconsistent and hesitant with the football. TL has more of a sense on what he's going to do with the football and a quicker release. KB has his moments, but you see him short arm a lot of passes to open guys too. To me its just obvious, sometimes feelings get in the way of that. But TL is the guy...period.

Replies: 5
| visibility 1,810
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic