Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Elon
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 348

Elon

Apr 5, 2021, 11:05 AM

Interesting words from Elon Musk. Highlights:

Apply critical thinking to what one is doing – do you have the right axioms, are they relevant, and are you making the right conclusions based on those axioms

Too many people are doing things because others are doing them; there is a trend or you know they just see everyone going that direction so they think that must be a good direction to go

If you are violating conservation of energy or momentum, you are probably not going to be successful

Everything works on PPT

Put in 80 to 100 hours a week

Being happy – what am I doing that is useful?

Likes Ben Franklin

https://youtu.be/jNnMPRcmE1I

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Elon

Apr 5, 2021, 1:10 PM

LOL. I find it distinctly amusing that after being much scorned by them forever - "those battery-powered cars will never work", I should know, I'm a PhD", I seem to remember someone here saying - for some reason the right has now seemingly decided he's their new hero, probably because he's now the world's richest guy and has moved from California to Texas.

(It'll be fascinating if the converse actually ends up being true, if Elon Musk ends up becoming the arch-villain to the lefties in five years time when Tesla, SpaceX, and the Boring company make Musk the world's first trillionaire. Probably. Once a visionary recognizes his vision, he invariably becomes The Man.)

I also don't think he's actually political at all. My overwhelming sense with Elon Musk is that he's a savant who can turn his brain off and on pretty much at will, and dedicate 100% of his attention to whatever's in front of him. I don't think he cares about politics. I think he wants to build stuff and make stuff and that's it, that's all, and that's everything...and I think Cali and its endless supply of bureaucratic red tape was getting in his way, and it really was that simple.

I think anybody - right or left - who is looking to Elon for a political inclination is pretty much beating their head against a wall. Elon is going to follow the path of, whatever best helps him do stuff and make stuff. I don't think there's room in his head for anything more than that. I don't really see how there could be. One human brain - even his - can only hold so much.

Re: Elon

Apr 5, 2021, 7:44 PM

quozzel
Pathetic. Why are you posting bullchit? How would that post make any sense seeing as how there are 100s of thousands of battery-powered cars on the road today? Find the post and the link and I will eat crow.

Exactly what are you inferring from my post about Elon? Are you concerned that one of the most admired and successful people in the US actually does have a political leaning, but you don't like the way he leans?

Are you equating his ideas on critical thinking and following science and first-principles with conservatism?

Now that you bring it up, his ideas on this topic are EXACTLY CONSERVATIVE ideas. Not neutral, but conservative. His thinking is not even in the same universe as liberal/progressive thinking. He equates liberal/progressive thinking as "doing what everyone else is doing." Of course you don't want to admit it, but yeah he is calling your team out.

Elon is so much smarter than most everyone else and has enough self-control to insult you without you knowing it.

The Fighting Christians***

Apr 5, 2021, 1:21 PM

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

Phoenix. Fighting Christians was changed due to the rise of

Apr 5, 2021, 1:28 PM

a sizeable Jewish community (as well as other faiths) as Elon rose from small Christian college to bougie University.

#themoreyouknow

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 348
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic