Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Don’t shoot the messenger here, but a former player on twitter
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 105
| visibility 1

Don’t shoot the messenger here, but a former player on twitter

Jun 2, 2020, 1:55 PM

https://mobile.twitter.com/_kinggtutt/status/1267804952451256322

Posted this earlier today. People are starting to run with it

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Zach Giella conformed but then deleted his tweet apparently***

Jun 2, 2020, 1:57 PM

Confirmed* it***

Jun 2, 2020, 1:59 PM

Re: Zach Giella conformed but then deleted his tweet apparently***

Jun 2, 2020, 2:04 PM [ in reply to Zach Giella conformed but then deleted his tweet apparently*** ]

If true and he's willing to attempt to ruin a mans career then he should have no problem identifying coach and player.

Wouldn't that ruin, like, more peoples' career?***

Jun 2, 2020, 2:06 PM

Too bad. Let’s get it ALL out. WHAT slur? WHAT Coach? WHAT player?

Jun 2, 2020, 2:23 PM

None of this “you know what happened” BS. He put it out in the public domain so let’s have some transparency.

null

And of course, with that transparency comes vindication.

Jun 3, 2020, 10:19 AM

I’m not young but Perry Tuttle pre-dates me. I know he’s beloved by old school Tiger fans. And I didn’t even know his son spent a year or two on Clemson’s roster. I wonder how Perry feels about his son’s unwarranted public insinuation.

null

Kanyon Tuttle has been identified as the player

Jun 2, 2020, 1:59 PM

https://mobile.twitter.com/redditcfb/status/1267875912047038464

Perry's son right?***

Jun 2, 2020, 4:56 PM

you are correct, sir.***

Jun 2, 2020, 9:40 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Kanyon Tuttle has been identified as the player

Jun 2, 2020, 5:58 PM [ in reply to Kanyon Tuttle has been identified as the player ]

if other players confirmed it, then it isn't "alleged." I really hate weasely journalism.

Re: Don’t shoot the messenger here, but a former player on twitter

Jun 2, 2020, 2:02 PM

who is Kanyon Tuttle? I don't remember him being a player?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 2, 2020, 2:05 PM

Perry Tuttle's son

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Perry's son***

Jun 2, 2020, 2:07 PM [ in reply to Re: Don’t shoot the messenger here, but a former player on twitter ]

Jun 2, 2020, 2:16 PM [ in reply to Re: Don’t shoot the messenger here, but a former player on twitter ]

https://clemsontigers.com/sports/football/roster/kanyon-tuttle/

A walk on...Perry Tuttle's son.

Jun 2, 2020, 3:57 PM [ in reply to Re: Don’t shoot the messenger here, but a former player on twitter ]

Persona non grata

Jun 2, 2020, 2:05 PM

Consider yourself a dead messenger. Sorry, dems the rules.

No telling how big this snowball could get***

Jun 2, 2020, 2:09 PM

Hoo boy..***

Jun 2, 2020, 2:13 PM

Message removed by Author

Jun 2, 2020, 2:20 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Something Tells Me Dabo Has More People of Culture Street

Jun 2, 2020, 2:28 PM

Cred than all of those clowns put together. Recruits don't care about some middling at best players opinion long after the fact.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You sure do seem awfully eager to jump on the rumor wagon...

Jun 2, 2020, 4:24 PM [ in reply to Message removed by Author ]

PASTOR.

Given the testimony we've seen from coach Swinney and the utter, total SILENCE about this up until now from the MULTITUDE of other players who have moved on and have absolutely NO REASON to cover for ANYONE at Clemson, why imply that a coach who has gone OUT OF HIS WAY to state his love for Christ is covering up for something that goes against EVERYTHING that he says he stand for??

If you are a Clemson fan and you've been paying ANY attention to what's going on in Clemson since Dabo took over, why in the world would you give any credence to this? The tenor of your posts in this thread makes it sound like you WANT there to be racial discord in the Clemson football program.

Seriously, what is wrong with you????? Until there is some real evidence of this, you are spreading slander and sowing discord IMO. YOU should know better.

I Tim 5:13

II Tim 2:16

Proverbs 17:4

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

More concerned that someone will find anything

Jun 2, 2020, 4:48 PM

To stick on him. But ok. I’ll remove my posts if they are adding to gossip.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

thank you for your admonishment... posts removed

Jun 2, 2020, 4:56 PM [ in reply to You sure do seem awfully eager to jump on the rumor wagon... ]

nm

Re: thank you for your admonishment... posts removed

Jun 2, 2020, 5:54 PM

check your t-mail

Interesting timing. thats all i will say.

Jun 2, 2020, 2:21 PM

disgruntled former player.. wheres the audio of the actual word being said and by who? why wait so long?

"I love this place, I've got a spot already picked out where I want 'em to put me when I die - up there on that ole hill near the stadium. I want to be there so I can hear all them people cheering my Tigers on Saturdays; then I won't have to go Heaven; I'll already be there."- Frank Howard

the timing certainly is convenient

Jun 2, 2020, 2:25 PM

Considering the talking heads have been bashing Dabo the last couple of days about just this topic.

Tuttle does clarify in another tweet that he doesn’t think Dabo is a terrible person. Just that he could do better on this topic

the timing certainly is convenient

Jun 2, 2020, 2:25 PM [ in reply to Interesting timing. thats all i will say. ]

Considering the talking heads have been bashing Dabo the last couple of days about just this topic.

Tuttle does clarify in another tweet that he doesn’t think Dabo is a terrible person. Just that he could do better on this topic

Re: the timing certainly is convenient

Jun 2, 2020, 3:02 PM

Well given what is still going on I think we all could do better on the topic. We're well into the 21st Century. Might be a good time to act like it

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Looks Like Baseless Slander to Me

Jun 2, 2020, 2:26 PM

Show me proof. And anyone who has been to a CFB practice knows that the HC is often 100s of feet away from other coaches. If you don't have the guts to publish proof and details, I consider this rumor at best.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There isn't likely to be video evidence but if a few people

Jun 2, 2020, 2:42 PM

corroborate the story (and it seems Zach Giella may have already done so), it's almost certainly true.

Jun 2, 2020, 2:27 PM

Dabo needs to address this quickly before it has a chance to take on a life of its own. This will only grow until it is addressed.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

So we have a player who was dead weight at the end of the

Jun 2, 2020, 2:41 PM

bench, who was likely on the team only because of who his dad is, posting crap on Twitter about our coach?!?

If what he said truly happened, then that shouldn't have been allowed. But I doubt Dabo would allow tihs to happen. Regardless, this isn't the time to resurrect it. Not if he cares one iota about our coaches, Clemson football, and Clemson University.

Sad.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Jun 2, 2020, 2:51 PM

Dabo will be forced to step down. Tony Elliot is our new head coach guys

What if Tony heard it too and said nothing- or was the one who said it***

Jun 2, 2020, 2:55 PM

Assuming no less than everyone else

Message was edited by: clover65®

Message was edited by: clover65®

Re: What if Tony heard it too and said nothing- or was the one who said it***

Jun 2, 2020, 3:25 PM

If Coach Elliot said it everything is fine. No big deal

Jun 2, 2020, 3:05 PM [ in reply to Re: Don’t shoot the messenger here, but a former player on twitter ]

User Logo
smokepu rpleliveorange69
Athletic Dir [868]
TigerPulse: 85%
Posted: Jun 2, 2020 2:51 PM

ROTFLMFAO. WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO OUR GREAT COUNTRY. IT IS A VERY SAD PLACE AT PRESENT.

Jun 2, 2020, 3:23 PM

We are the United States of the Offended.

Jun 2, 2020, 3:26 PM [ in reply to Re: Don’t shoot the messenger here, but a former player on twitter ]

Tony Elliott nor any other coach would ever take this job if Dabo was forced to quit. You wouldn't be able to draw 40k to the stadium, it would be Danny Ford times 10.

Well, we agree on some things....***

Jun 2, 2020, 5:54 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 2, 2020, 5:16 PM [ in reply to Re: Don’t shoot the messenger here, but a former player on twitter ]

LOL!!! Our?...

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 2, 2020, 2:51 PM

I find it extremely hard to believe that Dabo would let something like that slide without repercussions for the person that said it. Let's let the story play out.

Jun 2, 2020, 2:54 PM

This is why Dabo should have just issued a written statement last week that simply stated condemnation of the event in question and unwavering support of the players. Sometimes a simple, direct message is the best way to go. Dabo being Dabo opens him up to this sort of thing. This is not going to go away and could undermine all the good he has accomplished.

Jun 2, 2020, 3:00 PM

Re: Clement’s statements have signed Dabo’s resignation letter...

Jun 2, 2020, 3:13 PM

That’s a little out there.

Jun 2, 2020, 3:13 PM [ in reply to Message removed by Author ]

As others have said I will withhold judgement until others speak up and confirm what happened, but yeah I agree, if true, I don’t think Dabo will be able to overcome this, especially not in this climate

Jun 2, 2020, 3:20 PM

These "if true" statements drive me up the wall.

The coach has a pristine career of being an excellent human being that happens to be a great football coach. Then we hang him "IF" something is true.

This is akin to saying "My wife is incredible, but someone said they saw her lingering too long next to the offbrand mayo. If true, then I'm going to...etc. etc. etc." (I'm using a topic that everyone from the south knows can be an issue for light-hearted levity). You just wouldn't start making plans like this without confronting first and seeing what actually happened.

Likely story is that Dabo dealt with issues in-house and kept it in-house. That's how he deals with situations when they arise. When is the last time Dabo called a press conference to specifically rail on a coach or player?

Why aren't we saying "If false, then I'm going to pray for Dabo and his family to get through this trying time of Christian public figures false incrimination" ?

Thumbs down me or up me, my life doesn't revolve around my pulse. I can still read the articles if its 0%. But as a 12yr Army vet, I stand for freedom of speech and freedom from oppression. I hope the correct changes are made and all collateral damage (rightful or wrongful) is dealt with swiftly according to God's plan.

Amen and Go Tigers.

Jun 2, 2020, 3:31 PM

I have no idea if this player is telling the truth or full of crap, or what happened, but you're suggesting this former player decided to make this up because he's a Christian?

Jun 2, 2020, 5:10 PM

Sorry, no, that was a little unclear. Was only trying to put adjectives to Dabo's character.

Ok. I could have been more positive.... I trust Dabo..

Jun 2, 2020, 3:34 PM [ in reply to Re: Clement’s statements have signed Dabo’s resignation letter... ]

Nm

Jun 2, 2020, 3:50 PM [ in reply to Re: Clement’s statements have signed Dabo’s resignation letter... ]

Finally, the voice of reason speaks! ??'s UP

You cannot possibly be serious. Are you okay?***

Jun 2, 2020, 3:39 PM [ in reply to Message removed by Author ]

Jun 2, 2020, 4:06 PM [ in reply to Re: Don’t shoot the messenger here, but a former player on twitter ]

Noodle said:

This is why Dabo should have just issued a written statement last week that simply stated condemnation of the event in question and unwavering support of the players. Sometimes a simple, direct message is the best way to go. Dabo being Dabo opens him up to this sort of thing. This is not going to go away and could undermine all the good he has accomplished.

It doesn't matter what Dabo says, he's 'darned if he does or darned if he doesn't" respond to everything that happens in the world. No matter what he says.
And I am somewhat surprised and disappointed in those of you already talking about a resignation or whatever. From what I saw on twitter, Giella removed his tweet, but someone else retweeted it. Oh, and as for Tuttle, his career at Clemson was 2 rec for 6 yards.

I'll give this more credence when Christian Wilkins

Jun 2, 2020, 3:01 PM

or Clelin Ferrell or one of the other team leaders from those years speaks up.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 2, 2020, 3:16 PM

I’m sorry, this is absurd. I Don’t believe any of it. Not the timing, reference or vagueness of the parties involved. I’ll believe it when they prove it.

Jun 2, 2020, 3:27 PM

The former player is using this opportunity to promote himself in all likelihood ...
Pure and simple ...
The sit-in he’s referencing was in 2016 ...not current at all... and not related to a racial slur being referenced by a Clemson coach ...

And as far as confirmation - we don’t know what has been confirmed by other players - as the original twitter post has coupled two unrelated events in confusing fashion ...
Actually he’s coupled three unrelated events - a sit in, a hypothetical comment, and the George Floyd incident...
In a broad sense they are related - yes- but not really ....any attempt to combine such divergent events is sensationalist and not well thought out...

Dabo may have to respond but - The blowback from this will be minimal -
because Dabo recruits and coaches based on real relationships- anyone that’s ever played for Dabo or been recruited by him knows him far better than a random social media “sound bite “

Jun 2, 2020, 3:23 PM

Like when we supposedly said it at USC which was proven to be a lie. Clemson always gets people trying to say this yet from the Gant era on things have been remarkably good racially at Clemson. perfect? No but much better than haters want to admit.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 2, 2020, 3:29 PM

Okay if the word was used toward a player it’s a bad thing. We can all agree on that. But are we going to ruin a career because someone might have called a football player a bad name?? Are we that friggin weak in our society now?? Good grief.

Jun 2, 2020, 3:57 PM

The answer to your question is "Yes". We most assuredly are that week as a society now. It's sad, very sad.??

Jun 2, 2020, 3:34 PM [ in reply to Re: Don’t shoot the messenger here, but a former player on twitter ]

If need be - and I don’t think it will come to that - but if it does ...plenty of folks that can vouch for Dabo...
If you think that for a minute - guys like Woody McCorvey, Jeff Davis, Tony Dungy and on and on and on... would speak highly of Dabo if Dabo wasn’t as real and true as we all think he is ... then think again....

Dabo’s not perfect ...none of us are ...
But he has shown time and time again that he’s about looking out for and loving the kids he coaches and not just wins and losses...

Jun 2, 2020, 3:37 PM

WHAT I FIND HARD TO BELIEVE IS THAT CRUMP IS LETTING THIS THREAD DRAW A BREATH. IT SHOULD BE TAKEN DOWN IMMEDIATELY.

You think censorship is the answer? Yikes!***

Jun 2, 2020, 4:35 PM

Re: You think censorship is the answer? Yikes!***

Jun 2, 2020, 4:49 PM

no but defaming a mans name on the internet is not good.

Hearsay at this point

Jun 2, 2020, 3:30 PM

Remember the Coot players insisting that our players used the same slur against them in 2016? Yeah, I almost forgot, too. No way Dabo lets this happen and go unaddressed only a year later.

the player seems to somewhat defend Dabo in his next tweet

Jun 2, 2020, 3:38 PM

https://mobile.twitter.com/_kinggtutt/status/1267864368059944973

Re: the player seems to somewhat defend Dabo in his next tweet

Jun 2, 2020, 3:43 PM

This tutt guy sure thinks alot of himself. He's already attempted to ruin a guys life and help him rebuild it by giving advice for future endeavors all in one day. Makes you wonder how this genius didn't get more PT

That's like lighting a stink bomb in a room and then

Jun 2, 2020, 3:45 PM [ in reply to the player seems to somewhat defend Dabo in his next tweet ]

cracking a window.

"He's not a terrible person by any means."

Oh, okay. Great. Thanks for that.

null

Jun 2, 2020, 3:45 PM [ in reply to the player seems to somewhat defend Dabo in his next tweet ]

Let’s not ignore the fact that the former player has stuff he’s selling pinned to the top of his page ....
If anyone doesn’t think this is an attempt to sensationalize and promote his own interests by garnering attention..

Why didn’t he bring it up sooner ? Hmm...maybe because now is a great time to get the most tweets and retweets ... etc ...

Why not pick up the phone and call Dabo? I guarantee he’d take a call from a former player ...

If your motivation is real dialogue and action ...talk to Dabo...
If your motivation is drawing attention to yourself ...then...

Let’s not ignore the fact that the former player has stuff he’s selling pinned to the top of his page ....
If anyone doesn’t think this is an attempt to sensationalize and promote his own interests by garnering attention..

Why didn’t he bring it up sooner ? Hmm...maybe because now is a great time to get the most tweets and retweets ... etc ...

Why not pick up the phone and call Dabo? I guarantee he’d take a call from a former player ...

Jun 2, 2020, 4:32 PM [ in reply to the player seems to somewhat defend Dabo in his next tweet ]

While I think Dabo said all of nothing in his statement, would this player feel better if he had published some phony PR statement like the rest of college coaches? At least he was being Dabo. Do these coaches really have to come out and say a man being murdered was bad? Who isn’t in agreement that this was terrible? Who do these people think they need to prove anything to or convince think they’re talking to? The only people that will defend those cops are the same people that aren’t going to change their minds no matter what. This is totally asinine.

Jun 2, 2020, 3:43 PM

Geilla confirmed it was not dabo.

"I love this place, I've got a spot already picked out where I want 'em to put me when I die - up there on that ole hill near the stadium. I want to be there so I can hear all them people cheering my Tigers on Saturdays; then I won't have to go Heaven; I'll already be there."- Frank Howard

I don’t think anyone said it was Dabo himself***

Jun 2, 2020, 3:45 PM

Jun 2, 2020, 3:46 PM [ in reply to Re: Don’t shoot the messenger here, but a former player on twitter ]

Zach giella just seems like a loser

Jun 2, 2020, 5:21 PM

Haha he really does. All he does is complain on Twitter. Seems like a real ###### bag.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 2, 2020, 5:21 PM [ in reply to Re: Don’t shoot the messenger here, but a former player on twitter ]

Haha he really does. All he does is complain on Twitter. Seems like a real ###### bag.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 2, 2020, 3:58 PM [ in reply to Re: Don’t shoot the messenger here, but a former player on twitter ]

To who? Where? Plus nobody was saying it was Dabo.

So its be four hours since that tweet was sent...

Jun 2, 2020, 3:58 PM

along with the timing of the tweet itself very strange a name has not been released either from the two players themselves. I think Tuttle realizes he has no one to pin this on.

too many issues bothering me on this -

Jun 2, 2020, 4:05 PM

1. Dabo just does act or live like this.
2. supposedly this happened years go - and it just comes out now? something like this would be reported.
3. the team is predominately Black. why would this be hidden or not come out long before now.
4. Several Black coaches and support would not have let this pass if Dabo had anything to do with it (or knew).
5. assuming it did happen - who knew? Bring some legitimate sources.
6. assuming it did happen - how do you know that Dabo did not address it?

something like this is too hot to be hidden for years. Detracters of Dabo would have been paying for dirt if it were true as written.

I am not going to believe without real facts and data.

Could something have happened or said - sure - most of us live in the real world. It does happen. But with the people involved - I am not buying.

Jun 2, 2020, 4:10 PM

This is all pure tee garbage. First, if true, Dabo doesn't have "control" over what another coach says in practice, so if what is alleged is true Dabo doesn't owe the team an apology, but the coach that said it does. I can promise you that when Dabo heard about it, if he did, he had a frank discussion with that coach and reminded him that kind of language is not acceptable in his program. For Tuttle to bring that up ay this time is totally disingenuous and was apparently done to stir up emotions at a time when we need healing.

Jun 2, 2020, 4:25 PM

I'm not saying anything like this happened, but I don't agree that Dabo doesn't have control over what happens during his practice. That's like saying your boss has no control over what you say in the office. It may not be true for everyone, but for most of us I can only imagine the response from our boss if they heard or found out that we used that word to refer to someone else in the office.

I have no idea of the context in which this is supposed to have been said in, but if it were true and said in a hateful way then I'd expect that assistant to have been fired. I actually have a hard time imaging that Dabo wouldn't fire someone in that case. What I mean isn't that if someone said it while singing lyrics to a song or saying what's up my... but rather if someone said it in a "pay attention you stupid ..." sort of way. That type of person shouldn't be getting paid high dollars to be a leader of young men, and a simple discussion with that person would not be enough.

I actually have a hard time believing that it would've been in a racial type of way though simply because the team unity and love between our players towards each other and our coaches seems way too great to have someone on the staff who the players labeled as a racist. It's also hard to imagine it wouldn't have gotten out before now, at the very least from any player that transferred.

Jun 2, 2020, 4:16 PM

I have said more than once and posted about people, the media and other outside forces would try to bring down Dabo and Clemson Football. A lot people basically called BS on my post. I never thought it would be someone inside the program unless money is being passed under the table.

When did this incident occur? If it was several weeks or months ago why bring it up now? Because football is gearing back up.

I have had enough of All of this politically correct BS!

I have been told it’s ok for black people to use the N word among themselves. The reasoning is a culture thing. If it is such a bad word then nobody should be able to use. No matter the color of your skin. But it happens all of the time. I have heard from many groups of blacks kids playing sports call each other names using the N word.

The is where socialist liberals are taking us too. Which means major Government Control and less individual freedoms. Many countries have tried socialism and it has failed in every country.

It starts with banning this word and then another word. The next thing you know there is a directory put out of words we cannot use. What makes this all so sad is our politicians, the NCAAP and other organizations profit everyday from instigating racism. As long as the government keeps this country divided then we can keep up with what they are doing.

We are living in a very screwed up world. IMO I don’t think we have learned much from the CoVid pandemic. Really really sad times we live in.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 2, 2020, 4:38 PM

I've never been a fan of this argument honestly. The difference in them using it is similar to how a group of friends can call each other all sorts of names and not get offended by any of it. The reason you don't get offended when your friends say those things is because you know it's not coming from a place of hate. We all use a lot of words among family and friends that we wouldn't appreciate some random person on the street using towards us.

I do agree that context always matters. There's a difference in attacking a person because they were innocently singing along to a song or something, and if the same person uses it towards a black person by literally saying something like "you're a stupid..."

My point is if a coach said it by trying to be funny or something by saying something like "what's up my..." then probably an apology for anyone offended is fine, and anyone who was truly offended is just looking to be offended.

If though that coach said it directed at an individual in a hateful type of way that's not simply a case of someone being too sensitive if they take offense to it. It's not different IMO that if your wife messes up at work you wouldn't expect her boss to come in and call her a b!tch. You've probably used the b!tch word before, and I bet your wife has as well, but you'd both probably be pretty angry if her boss yelled that at her over a mistake.

Jun 2, 2020, 4:45 PM

So, what your view of a mixed man, half white, half black... Raised by two white parents in a white culture, saying it?

Are you the "white half and culture mean nothing... Black birth half secedes" type?

Or are you the type that see it in a racial issue way, the same a white person would be seen?

Be careful your answer:
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/11574968/lamarr-houston-confirms-colin-kaepernick-used-n-word-chicago-bears-win-san-francisco-49ers

Jun 2, 2020, 4:45 PM [ in reply to Re: Don’t shoot the messenger here, but a former player on twitter ]

So, what your view of a mixed man, half white, half black... Raised by two white parents in a white culture, saying it?

Are you the "white half and culture mean nothing... Black birth half secedes" type?

Or are you the type that see it in a racial issue way, the same a white person would be seen?

Be careful your answer:
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/11574968/lamarr-houston-confirms-colin-kaepernick-used-n-word-chicago-bears-win-san-francisco-49ers

Jun 2, 2020, 5:25 PM [ in reply to Re: Don’t shoot the messenger here, but a former player on twitter ]

I agree.

But if your primary defense for any "bad" action is "Consider the context!", well, that's how these protests got started.

Kneeling on a man's throat for 6 minutes is incredibly risky to that man, no matter what the context is.

The idea that the N word is ok but only in certain contexts is ridiculous. If it's pejorative stop using it. It becomes like the restraining order that a woman uses when she feels like it--'my boyfriend is abusing me! Make him obey the RO!"--and 24 hours later they're study buddies and he wants to take her home.

Jun 2, 2020, 4:46 PM [ in reply to Re: Don’t shoot the messenger here, but a former player on twitter ]

User Logo
wueagle86®
110%er [7690]
TigerPulse: 100%
Re: Don’t shoot the messenger here, but a former player on twitter [1]
Posted: Jun 2, 2020 4:16 PM

I have said more than once and posted about people, the media and other outside forces would try to bring down Dabo and Clemson Football. A lot people basically called BS on my post. I never thought it would be someone inside the program unless money is being passed under the table.

When did this incident occur? If it was several weeks or months ago why bring it up now? Because football is gearing back up.

I have had enough of All of this politically correct BS!

I have been told it’s ok for black people to use the N word among themselves. The reasoning is a culture thing. If it is such a bad word then nobody should be able to use. No matter the color of your skin. But it happens all of the time. I have heard from many groups of blacks kids playing sports call each other names using the N word.

The is where socialist liberals are taking us too. Which means major Government Control and less individual freedoms. Many countries have tried socialism and it has failed in every country.

It starts with banning this word and then another word. The next thing you know there is a directory put out of words we cannot use. What makes this all so sad is our politicians, the NCAAP and other organizations profit everyday from instigating racism. As long as the government keeps this country divided then we can keep up with what they are doing.

We are living in a very screwed up world. IMO I don’t think we have learned much from the CoVid pandemic. Really really sad times we live in.

could not agree any louder. so which coach did this. coach elliott, coach reed, coach bates, maybe jeff davis, maybe woody or any of the other black guys on the staff. i ask again, why is this thread still up.

Jun 2, 2020, 5:24 PM

I hate to see Perry Tuttle’s name get tarnished by what his son is saying...Perry is a stand up guy....

Jun 2, 2020, 5:10 PM [ in reply to Re: Don’t shoot the messenger here, but a former player on twitter ]

Numerous questions arise from this topic, most of which prevent me from taking it at the suggested face value, which is "Dabo is a weal bad hypocwite. "

Was the coach who used the "N" word black?

Was this before or after Jadar Johnson used it to a SC player who took more offense from Jadar's word than getting whipped 56-7? I mean, didn't Dabo deal with this topic then?

What gives a walk-on player the right to determine how a brand is used? Many students, coaches, administrators and players, as well as fans, invest in a brand--and one walk-on thinks he is entitled to determine how that investment gets spent?

I have a hard time believing Dabo forbade the team from participating in the sit-in, but he has every right to discourage them for the proper reasons. Kids forget that one act can tarnish their reputation for a lifetime. If you're willing to make your participation in social activism more important than football practice, quit the team and join the activist organization. The NAACP has been recommending that for years, because they then portray the FORMER football players as martyrs to stir up more support.

And let's not miss the Gestapo-type nature of social media's clarion call to modern conformity extended retroactively. This event must have occurred 3-6 years ago. Should we go back and reanalyze whether these players cheated 3-6 years ago? How is that relevant or important?

Where is the voice of restraint or calm? Are we going to target that voice, too?

Who exactly is running with it?***

Jun 2, 2020, 4:37 PM

why the coots of course!***

Jun 2, 2020, 4:59 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 2, 2020, 5:11 PM

That losers like this "kingtut" nepotism baby get a platform to kneecap a Man like Dabo is the very saddest part of the social media age.

Just sickening. It is hard being a good man like Dabo. The losers of the world resent your success.

Whatever..I’m always saddened & alarmed with the vitriol that anonymous people

Jun 2, 2020, 5:36 PM

put on twitter. Shows how mixed up, screwed up too many people are..especially their hatred for another they’ve never met and probably couldn’t stand as tall in their shoes if their life depended on it.

Saying..rudeness & personal hatred hidden behind a made-up name or shield is what twitter is, too often..when it involves politics & race.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Time will tell

Jun 2, 2020, 5:45 PM

I want to hear or see other players corroborate this story. Sadly, he’s put his dad in a horrible position with the university that has lauded him as a Clemson football legend.

Re: Time will tell

Jun 2, 2020, 5:47 PM

https://twitter.com/mattatthestate/status/1267932820514758657?s=21

Y’all believe it now?

Jun 2, 2020, 6:09 PM

Is DJ saying Pearman was admonishing him for using the word?

Jun 2, 2020, 7:19 PM

What I gathered from it is that 1) DJ used it in an argument with another player; 2) Pearman responded to DJ in kind, calling him a N in order to show the negative aspects of the word; 3) players who weren't privy to the argument (?--I think everyone was!) or who didn't appreciate Pearman's unauthorized borrowing of the N word got offended; 4) Dabo talked to Pearman; 5) Pearman apologized publicly and to DJ privately multiple times for his insensitivity in using the N word even though he was rebuking DJ for using it, which DJ really appreciated because Pearman "knew he was in the wrong".

Pretty convoluted, huh?

Does everybody understand now how Dabo gets a target on his back for trying to do positive things that help make a difference in the lives of young men?

It would be a lot simpler to coach in the SEC, oversign players, force injured ones to give up their schollies, not care about graduation rates, only care about winning, make promises you have no intention of keeping and become the poster child of white privilege. It's only because he cares about young men--black, white, Hispanic, Samoan--that people expect him to fulfill some personal expectation.

People want to destroy Dabo because he wins and is

Jun 2, 2020, 7:39 PM

A Christian. Lethal combo for atheists/ and anarchists.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pearman didnt call him the N word

Jun 2, 2020, 7:40 PM [ in reply to Re: Time will tell ]

Sounds like he was just repeating it while rebuking DJ for using it.

Re: It seems like the real villan in this story is Tuttle

Jun 2, 2020, 7:45 PM [ in reply to Re: Time will tell ]

Thanks for clarifying for this slow old goat.

Quote by DJ

Jun 2, 2020, 9:25 PM [ in reply to Re: Time will tell ]

Greenlee, who played at Clemson from 2013-16, was reached by phone while he was in Arizona on Tuesday afternoon.

“It was just a heated argument during practice, basically. Me and the coach got into it and I was speaking with one of my teammates. He heard me use the n-word basically, and basically tried to correct me by saying the n-word back,” Greenlee told The State.

“He wasn’t saying that I was a n-word. It was, using the tone, in a word like, ‘OK ... I was talking to my teammate and you came over here.’”

DJ says Pearman did NOT call him that but repeated the word. He also says Pearman apologized multiple times.

Message was edited by: djones73®

Jun 2, 2020, 9:36 PM

Xavier Brewer has posted about this claim. Says Tuttle is misrepresenting the context (makes sense with respect to Greenlee’s explanation). Brewer claims Tuttle was kicked off the team. Is that confirned about how things went down with Tuttle leaving the team?

Jun 2, 2020, 9:42 PM [ in reply to Re: Time will tell ]

Its simple. Dabo is suspected of being a Republican and that's all it takes to have a target in your back these days. If he was a Dem, like say the Governor of Virginia, he could prance around in blackface or a klan outfit and nobody in the media would care.

Terribly written article. Can’t tell***

Jun 2, 2020, 7:41 PM [ in reply to Re: Time will tell ]

Jun 2, 2020, 9:42 PM

I can hear Dabo now: "That's BULLCRAP!!"

Jun 3, 2020, 10:01 AM

And there you go...
Much ado about nothing.
In Dabo I trust.

Replies: 105
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic