Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: WATCH: Finebaum, Kellerman argue about Clemson's No. 3 ranking
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 1

TNET: WATCH: Finebaum, Kellerman argue about Clemson's No. 3 ranking

Nov 25, 2020, 12:05 PM

WATCH: Finebaum, Kellerman argue about Clemson's No. 3 ranking

ESPN analysts Paul Finebaum and Max Kellerman argue about Clemson's No. 3 ranking during Wednesday's 'First Take' show. Kellerman thinks that Clemson should bee Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: WATCH: Finebaum, Kellerman argue about Clemson's No. 3 ranking

Nov 25, 2020, 12:34 PM

Be sure and notify me when ‘elephant ears’ says something positive about the Tigers.

I agree with Kellerman for the same reasons. He failed to say that TLs presence in the game would have given the Tigers the threat to run the ball more. If TL had been in the game just for the last possession the game would never have made overtime.

I hope these two meet again in Charlotte. ND will have to get by the Heels Saturday and I’m not certain they can do that. Even with a loss they could still make the conference championship game. Right?

Nov 26, 2020, 1:30 PM

Did you watch the full video? he said nothing really bad. He said he expects Clemson to beat ND in the championship game.

Nov 26, 2020, 4:22 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: WATCH: Finebaum, Kellerman argue about Clemson's No. 3 ranking ]

He isn't in the habit of speaking highly about Notre Dame either.

Can you blame him? ND blows.***

Nov 27, 2020, 10:09 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

I've said it before and I will say it again....

Nov 25, 2020, 12:40 PM

does ANYONE really give a rats a$$ what Paul Finebaum says or thinks ?!?!?!

The only two times I have ever had any interest in his show was immediately after Clemson beat Bama in the 2016 and 2018 national title games.

Seeing him nearly cry after the 44 - 16 beatdown in Levis Stadium was thoroughly enjoyable.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Gobsmacked.***

Nov 25, 2020, 1:25 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: I've said it before and I will say it again....

Nov 26, 2020, 8:20 PM [ in reply to I've said it before and I will say it again.... ]

I know whatever he says means absolutely nothing when it comes to what Clemson can or can't do, but he sure can pisss me off with 99.999% of anything he says!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Did they even watch the Clemson ND game?

Nov 25, 2020, 12:41 PM

The focus is on Trevor being out but they're saying it was the defense that was a problem. How many defenses could play without their starting DT and 2 LBs and take the #4 team to double OT on the road?

That's not even including the guys we lost during the game. When the OT started, how many of our normal starters were still in the game on both sides of the ball?

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Nov 25, 2020, 1:00 PM

If these guys did their due diligence and prepared properly, they would know that losing our starting linebackers and our starting DT for both the BC and ND game was MUCH more of a bigger loss to the team than losing Trevor. That's the reason why they were both close games.

All being said, I'm happy that the committee understands this and put us at #3 over OSU :)

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

BINGO! These guys don't do their homework.

Nov 25, 2020, 1:10 PM

We lost because our D was a MASH unit. DJ did very well. Not having a run threat at QB was a factor. But no Skalski, Davis and Jones hurt us more. We get healthy on D and we smoke em in the ACC championship game.

Re: BINGO! These guys don't do their homework.

Nov 25, 2020, 1:20 PM

Yes neither one brought up the defense until the very end of the clip. But failed to mention that our main starters were out on that side of the ball.

Exactly and none of these national guys know that DJ

Nov 25, 2020, 2:27 PM [ in reply to BINGO! These guys don't do their homework. ]

played hurt in that game and was basically not allowed to run the ball. That info didn't come out until after the game. Things will be different in Charlotte if ND makes it there.

Re: Exactly and none of these national guys know that DJ

Nov 25, 2020, 5:35 PM

True. But TL is still a better runner. TL is faster and quicker.

Re: BINGO! These guys don't do their homework.

Nov 26, 2020, 4:24 PM [ in reply to BINGO! These guys don't do their homework. ]

We'll see. I like your chances better than ours, but I still like our chances. :) Should be a good game, assuming neither of us blows it with another game before.

TL's bond with Travis would have strengthened the running

Nov 25, 2020, 7:01 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: WATCH: Finebaum, Kellerman argue about Clemson's No. 3 ranking ]

game and TL's experience would have kept the game out of overtime. Nevertheless, the D would have been much better with first teamers in there.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Finebaum Just Want Max's Junk And Was Trying to Get Him to

Nov 25, 2020, 1:25 PM

Notice Him.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 25, 2020, 1:27 PM

I’m in favor of both of those guys becoming unemployed permanently. The sooner the better.

Kellerman called us the new team of the decade, before it

Nov 25, 2020, 7:03 PM

was popular...Then when we smashed Bama, it became BC.

PC not bc, POLITICALLY CORRECT = this decade too!

Nov 25, 2020, 7:20 PM

TEAM OF THE DECADE....

Not having Trevor Lawerence wasn't the reason we lost

Nov 25, 2020, 2:48 PM

Not even remotely close. We did plenty on Offense to win.

It was Not having 11 first or second string guys on defense for the game that killed us.

Tyler Davis (entire game)
James Skalski (entire game)
Mike Jones (entire game)
Justin Foster (entire game)
Ruke Orhorhoro(entire game)
Justin Mascoll (entire game)

Xavier Thomas (out first half)

Bryan Bresee (Went down in second half)
Andrew Booth (Went down in second half)
Nolan Turner (Went down in second half)
Lannden Zanders (Went down in second half)

How often has a Brent Venables Defense given up 47 points? You can count on 1 hand since he's been here, and further, and it took Notre Dame with 14 points in overtime to do it.

We play them with our full roster on Defense, don't expect them to score more than 21 points. Mark it down.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Not having Trevor Lawerence wasn't the reason we lost

Nov 26, 2020, 4:30 PM

Yeah, I agree with you. Too much has been made about Lawrence not playing, and not enough about the banged-up defense. You guys were hobbled on defense.

Nov 25, 2020, 2:52 PM

I have no problem with Notre Dame being one rank above us. They beat us regardless of who was out of the game. They won!!! Get over it!!!
Win out and we may play them 3 times

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 25, 2020, 3:23 PM

They always over look one point. They say what could Trevor have done differently. I say , hand the ball off without giving the other team 6 points. D.J. will be awesome. But him and Etienne are not on the same page in QB exchanges. Trevor also is more deceptive in his fakes, longer drives for scores would have taken the pressure off the Defense.
GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!

Take away the two scoop n scores inside the 10

Nov 25, 2020, 3:24 PM

Both games look different. That is a QB exchange TL probably doesn’t mess up. DJ was awesome but that happened twice.

Nov 25, 2020, 3:34 PM

So, these guys get paid a lot of money to discuss this stuff? They had no clue when they said the Tigers 'nearly lost to BC' that Trevor didn't play that game.
They had no clue about the defensive starters out of the BC and ND game. They had no clue that 6 defensive starters were out at the end of the ND game.
No clue...

Nov 25, 2020, 3:45 PM

I think 3 is right. They beat us and to the victor goes the spoils. We will get ours in due time.

The dude on the left started to get to the truth at the end. It wasn't a QB thing, it was a D thing. The same conclusion stands; we beat ND if we are healthy... by a LOT.

Nov 26, 2020, 4:27 PM

I don't think we're better than Clemson, but I think we're good enough to give Clemson a run for its money, even at full strength.

Nov 26, 2020, 12:41 AM

Spoiler Alert: Notre Dame better figure out how to stop UNC’s offense so we can play them again in the playoffs. I’m no fan of the Irish but I want to play them with Trevor & a healthy Defense.

Nov 26, 2020, 4:28 PM

Ditto from me, except I AM a fan of the Irish. :) (I like Clemson too, by the way. Both team cultures have a lot in common.)

Nov 26, 2020, 8:16 PM

DUDE, Trevor Lawrence won a NCG his freshman year, and he help to put one of the worst A$$ whipping on Bama since Saban become their HC!!!

I am sure that I am in the minority here....

Nov 26, 2020, 11:44 PM

but I have no problem with what FB said. They all had valid points albeit superficially only talking about consumer consumable digestive points like the QB situation.

We just need to take care of business no matter what anyone says.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 27, 2020, 10:42 AM

It's very simple... Trevor is a serious threat in the run game. This opens up the offense.

Replies: 32
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic