Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Path to a top 4 ACC tourney seed....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 2,865

Path to a top 4 ACC tourney seed....

Feb 18, 2018, 10:22 PM

Well it got tougher, but we still are in good shape. If we win 3 out of the next 4, we will be tip 4 for sure with a 12-6 record.
If we split the remaining 4, then at 11-7 we will still have a good chance, but it will likely come down to a tiebreaker with someone.
Right now, it looks like Duke and UNC are finishing strong and will likely lock up the 2 and 3 slots.
Behind us are a slew of teams with 6 or 7 conference losses. My guess is that the 7 loss teams (FSU, Miami and Syracuse) will each lose at least one more...and would not be involved in a 11-7 tiebreaker.
The teams with 6 losses are Va. Tech, Louisville and N.C. State. I don't see any of them winning out, although NCSU may have the best chance.
NCSU has FSU and BC at home, with a road game at GT and a home game against Louisville. They have been playing decent and could certainly finish 3-1 to be 11-7 in conference play. They would own a tiebreaker over us.
Louisville will not be a factor. They close with road games at Duke, at Va. Tech, and at NCSU, with a home game against UVA in there. Yikes.
Va. Tech has Clemson, Louisville and Duke at home, followed by a road game at Miami.

Obviously, we can win 3 out of 4 and be pretty secure in the top 4. I'm not sure anyone is going to win out of the teams below us. If we split, it will depend on these other teams, with N.C. State having the easiest closing schedule. They are the team to watch, I think...Louisville's schedule is brutal. VT does have 3 home games left, but their closing is difficult.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good post***

Feb 18, 2018, 10:31 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Path to a top 4 ACC tourney seed....

Feb 18, 2018, 10:58 PM

Yeah this is a good post. Hadn’t paid much attention to what the other teams were doing. FSU loss hurt bad. Good shape had we split the last two. Now va tech Wednesday becomes huge... I think we win our two remaining games at home. So a win Wednesday puts us in good position to win 3 of the 4.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If we get Mitchell back, we'll win out***

Feb 18, 2018, 11:01 PM

Has anyone heard about MItchell for Wednesday game?***

Feb 20, 2018, 12:53 AM

out, not even traveling

Feb 21, 2018, 3:11 PM

I think its for the best for him. Sad to see him out, but heal up until there's no question!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Does Louisville have a postseason ban? Does that apply to ACC

Feb 19, 2018, 11:09 PM

Tournament as well?

"The one who thinks we can and the one who thinks we can't are both right! Which one are you, son? Which one are you, son?"

tiebreaker?

Feb 20, 2018, 10:12 AM

Do we know that NCSU would definitely own the tiebreaker with us since we split the head-to-head matchups?

I believe the tiebreaker procedure is....

Feb 20, 2018, 10:47 PM

that if two teams are tied and they split, then it goes to the record against the top teams in the conference.
We both lost to UVA.
State beat Duke, we lost to Duke.
We both split with UNC.

My guess is that the record against Duke would be the deciding factor.

Replies: 8
| visibility 2,865
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic