Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Parents w/ Young Kids - Advice Neede
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 101
| visibility 1

Parents w/ Young Kids - Advice Neede

Aug 29, 2017, 2:50 PM

This is the first year bringing my son to the games and I cannot wait! I grew up coming to Clemson and have only missed a few games (more last year due to being pregnant than I probably had my whole life) so to say I am excited to introduce him to Death Valley and fall Saturdays is an understatement.

I am wondering if any of you have any tips for tailgating/the game itself with a little one. He is currently 10 months old. I am including below what I am planning on bringing (obviously bringing food, bottles, toys, sunscreen, hat, essentials) and am open to things you all have found work great with a child under 2.

1. Ergo for carrying into game
2. Waterproof backed blanket (6x6)
3. GO Pod in orange obviously ( https://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/store/product/kidco-reg-go-pod-trade-activity-seat-in-midnight/1044760540?Keyword=go%20pod )

Anything other equipment or tailgating with kid hacks my fellow tiger parents have discovered?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Parents w/ Young Kids - Advice Neede

Aug 29, 2017, 2:53 PM

All I can say is good luck... I never even thought about bringing my kid to a game at that age.

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

Aug 29, 2017, 2:54 PM

We are lucky enough to live 5 miles from the stadium so I am going in with the realization that I may not make the whole game, may end up watching part at the tailgate, and may end up needing to go home.

Aug 29, 2017, 2:57 PM [ in reply to Re: Parents w/ Young Kids - Advice Neede ]

Luckily he's a super easy going kid and has handled our lake days on the boat with ease so hopefully he does the same with football.

^^^^^This might be the 1st time EVER

Aug 29, 2017, 4:38 PM

That a 10 month old has been described as "easy going"

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How is this not judgmental or preachy? If he had capitalized

Aug 29, 2017, 4:17 PM [ in reply to Re: Parents w/ Young Kids - Advice Neede ]

a SINGLE word it would have been an all out attack....Right?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

PSA: Don't have kids***

Aug 29, 2017, 2:54 PM

Don't take them to the games in September or October

Aug 29, 2017, 2:57 PM

until it cools down. It is too #### hot for young ones and all will be miserable if the young one is, and the young one will be.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Don't take them to the games in September or October

Aug 29, 2017, 3:00 PM

it's a high of 81 forcast Saturday or we wouldn't be considering it

Why in God's name would you want to bring a 10 month old

Aug 29, 2017, 3:03 PM

INTO a football game?

So I get a cowardly TD without an explanation? Scared to

Aug 29, 2017, 3:16 PM

answer?

Re: So I get a cowardly TD without an explanation? Scared to

Aug 29, 2017, 3:23 PM

That candy A$S crap happens all the time. It's as if they believe their rights of an opinion matter more than others. And if they don't agree, they will TD you bc your opinion was different than theirs.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I guess they were too embarrassed to say complete and utter

Aug 29, 2017, 3:39 PM

selfishness

I noticed that too, funny***

Aug 30, 2017, 10:13 AM [ in reply to So I get a cowardly TD without an explanation? Scared to ]

Re: Why in God's name would you want to bring a 10 month old

Aug 29, 2017, 3:17 PM [ in reply to Why in God's name would you want to bring a 10 month old ]

I ask the same especially with kids of that age are in a serious development age. His ear drums would be a huge serious concern for me with them developing and being so sensitive. Not trying to tell anyone what to do with their child but, I would give this plan a more serious thought. Just saying!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why in God's name would you want to bring a 10 month old

Aug 29, 2017, 3:28 PM

http://earmuffsforkids.com/products/

Worked wonderfully for my daughter last season. Never even reacted to the crowd or band our any quick changes in stadium volume.

Aug 29, 2017, 2:57 PM

Your child will not remember the game and you have to be ready to move if the child starts to bother other fans. Just be prepared for everything but one of you will probably end up holding the baby out by the concessions stands while the other is trying to watch the game.

Just wait until you have 3 of them and then try it

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

one other option to consider is the

Aug 29, 2017, 2:58 PM

babysitting services of cutigerbob®

first - hire a sitter

Aug 29, 2017, 2:58 PM

then - if you must -
bring earmuffs - the noise will be too loud for them.

then - hire a sitter.

Re: first - hire a sitter

Aug 29, 2017, 3:00 PM

Thanks, forgot to mention we do have ear protection already

When my little one was that age, I always asked myself, "Do

Aug 29, 2017, 3:05 PM

I care if she barfs up that disgusting formula on everything around me?"

That never failed to give me the correct answer.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

D'AAAAWWWWWWWWW. Any pictures of the little tike?***

Aug 29, 2017, 3:10 PM

badge-ringofhonor-clemsonsteve02.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bromam, here's a little reality....your choice to use it or not

Aug 29, 2017, 3:13 PM

1) You aren't introducing him to anything. Once he's older, he's not going to remember anything before age 6 or 7. If you're bringing him, it's for you, not him. Not saying anything wrong with that, just keep that in mind as we discuss the next couple points.

2) Your memories may have you personally loving every minute of Clemson football since you were in the womb. Likely, he will "love" Clemson football until about halfway through the first quarter. Attention spans are short and any surprise and awe from the atmosphere wear off quickly.

3) Your seat neighbors will be giving you looks by halftime that very well could kill.

4) If it's remotely hot, it's remotely dangerous for your kid at that age. Kids aren't fragile, but they aren't built to be out in the early games in the sun and heat all day.

Anyways, just wanted to inject a little reality after having been there and done this twice. My advice for a true first game experience begins between 5 and 7, depending on the kid.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

WATCH HOW YOU SPEAK TO THE LADY BRO***

Aug 29, 2017, 3:15 PM

badge-ringofhonor-clemsonsteve02.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

thanks, edited for proper addressing. Apologies***

Aug 29, 2017, 3:17 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Bro, here's a little reality....your choice to use it or not

Aug 29, 2017, 3:18 PM [ in reply to Bromam, here's a little reality....your choice to use it or not ]

Yea I am not planning on bringing my little guy to his first game until he is 4-5 even then it will be to a cupcake game where if we leave at halftime or before I wont really care.

Yep, my oldest son's first game was at 5 or 6...SC State.

Aug 29, 2017, 3:19 PM

I didn't enjoy the earlier games any less because he wasn't there, and he doesn't love Clemson any less because I didn't bring him earlier.

Re: Bromam, here's a little reality....your choice to use it or not

Aug 30, 2017, 1:03 PM [ in reply to Bromam, here's a little reality....your choice to use it or not ]

While the language might be a bit abrupt, the advice is quite sound. A ten month old should not be attending a Clemson game due to all the reasons outlined. If you can afford tickets then hire a qualified sitter. A family member would suffice if all else fails.

Please consider the well being of your child first as all else is secondary. Good luck no matter your decision. By the way I attended my first game at age six and I barely recall the experience. I am 64 yrs. young today!'

Go Tigers!

Go Tigers!

Aug 29, 2017, 3:18 PM

I'll have to say I agree with the posters here. We mostly just did the tailgating and there were times they (I) could barely handle that! Haha!!! Sorry I couldn't be more help. Good luck! Go tigers!

Aug 29, 2017, 3:20 PM

If you're that determined to go, get a sitter. If you can't, then stay home. It is ridiculous to take a child that young into a game. You or your wife (or both) wont enjoy it, no matter how good of a baby you have. You wont be any less of a fan for missing the game, or leaving the child with a sitter or anything.

Aug 29, 2017, 3:26 PM

Thanks. We have a group that we tailgate with that we have literally been tailgating with since I was an infant (Dad's friends from college). He will have grandparents there as well Plenty of people as well as myself who won't mind going out and hanging at the tailgate under the tent playing with him or going home if needed.

I know we are a bit of a different animal than most because we live so close but dang lighten up people. I am going in with every expectation that I will have to roll with with the punches and may end up going home early. I have ear protection. It's not going to 100 degrees. I was just looking for suggestions on things that may help make it a funner experience for all involved.

We gave you some suggestions to make it funner.

Aug 29, 2017, 3:29 PM

I just don't think you liked them.

Good luck though.

Don't let the negativity scare you

Aug 29, 2017, 3:34 PM [ in reply to Re: Parents w/ Young Kids - Advice Neede ]

I won't say that my wife and I enjoyed EVERY minute of the games we took my daughter to last year but it was incredibly special having her there with us. She won't remember a thing but the pictures and the memories and the stories we can tell her will hopefully make her a lifelong tiger like her mother and I.

My daughter also loves to point out every tiger paw she sees now at almost a year and a half old and so Clemson is like heaven for her!

Aug 29, 2017, 3:47 PM [ in reply to Re: Parents w/ Young Kids - Advice Neede ]

'I am going in with every expectation that I will have to roll with with the punches and may end up going home early. '

Correction, you WILL be leaving early, just plan on that! 81 degrees in full sun, surrounded by 80,000 close friends translates to a heat index of 100, trust me! Good luck!

Don't pay any attention to the naysayers. You know

Aug 29, 2017, 4:00 PM [ in reply to Re: Parents w/ Young Kids - Advice Neede ]

your child and if you think things wil go good at the game and if not then returning to the tailgate. We have taken our children and even grandchildren to the games when they were close to your's age and never experienced any problem. Good luck and enjoy the game.

Ear muffs are a must for the stadium! Too loud.

Aug 29, 2017, 3:26 PM

I brought my daughter to several games last year starting around 4 months old. Regardless of how loud the stadium got she never seemed to even notice.

http://earmuffsforkids.com/products/ This website is where we purchased ours. Allowed her to sleep through much of the games while in the Ergo baby carrier(also a necessity).

We plan on having her continue to wear them this season as well.

I would also advise bringing a lot of patience and understanding if you enjoy watching the games. Odds are unless your son isn't very active that he won't last through the game and one of you will have to spend some time under the stadium for entertainment and moving around purposes. With a 16 month old we are expecting a whole new set of challenges this season with her wanting to get down and walk around now.

We also brought a battery powered portable fan for the tailgate because we are in the middle of a lot and don't always get a breeze to help keep the baby cool.

Also some advice that others on Tigernet will appreciate. Make sure you are aware of those sitting around you. It's easy for a parent to be used to a child squirming around or fussing but many people sitting near you will not enjoy it. We were fortunate that our daughter behaved about as well as we could have expected, but either my wife or I had to step out of the stands a few times to get her happy instead of fighting it with others around us.

lol @ a noon game against Kent St being loud

Aug 29, 2017, 3:27 PM

#####

Not loud for a football game

Aug 29, 2017, 3:39 PM

very loud for a baby. hth

Re: Ear muffs are a must for the stadium! Too loud.

Aug 29, 2017, 3:31 PM [ in reply to Ear muffs are a must for the stadium! Too loud. ]

THANK YOU! I have the earmuffs but may have to grab a fan off amazon. I am definitely going in expecting to have to roll with the punches depending on what he needs. We are blessed to sit next to a great group of people who have seen kids grow up around them and are all extremely nice and understanding. We actually had a few asking my brother who sits beside us why we weren't back at the end of last year!

Why in God's name would you bring a 4 month old into a

Aug 29, 2017, 3:38 PM [ in reply to Ear muffs are a must for the stadium! Too loud. ]

football game?

Re: Why in God's name would you bring a 4 month old into a

Aug 29, 2017, 3:43 PM

Do you have any kids?

Why are you waiting to bring your child when he's older?***

Aug 29, 2017, 3:45 PM

Re: Why are you waiting to bring your child when he's older?***

Aug 29, 2017, 3:49 PM

Because that is my decision. I however would not attack others for their decision. That is THEIR decision to make as parents.

You are being a bit of an ### in your replies in this thread. I didnt dowvnote you earlier but that is probably why you were downvoted.

Way not to answer the question though.

At what point is asking a question an attack? I fail to see

Aug 29, 2017, 3:53 PM

it

Re: At what point is asking a question an attack? I fail to see

Aug 29, 2017, 4:00 PM

It is about phrasing. Not that hard to figure out.

I asked a simple question, hardly an attack, lighten up

Aug 29, 2017, 4:02 PM

tough guy

It's probably more the tone. A significant % of time

Aug 29, 2017, 4:08 PM

you come across as pissed off, irritated, or preachy.

As an example:

https://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=22013738

"Why in God's name would you bring a 4 month old into a football game?" comes across as judgmental and preachy.

Also, you tend to capitalize at least one word in every sentence, which adds fuel to the fire.

HTH that helps

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Preachy? Oooooh that's rich***

Aug 29, 2017, 4:11 PM

Have you ever read any of 07's posts? Which characterazation

Aug 29, 2017, 4:13 PM [ in reply to It's probably more the tone. A significant % of time ]

DOESN'T apply to him?

07 comes across as a smartazz quite often. But then so do I.

Aug 29, 2017, 4:17 PM

By the way, you capitalized an entire word in that post.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So you're accusing me of something you both do

Aug 29, 2017, 4:19 PM

frequently? I'll defer to your expertise in the field of hypocrisy

Since when does being an occasional smartazz = being

Aug 29, 2017, 4:24 PM

pissed off, irritated, judgmental, and preachy?

How did quite often shrink to occasionally?***

Aug 29, 2017, 4:26 PM

use your expertise in the field of shrinkage to answer that

Aug 29, 2017, 4:30 PM

one

perfect response***

Aug 29, 2017, 4:41 PM [ in reply to How did quite often shrink to occasionally?*** ]

Re: How did quite often shrink to occasionally?***

Aug 29, 2017, 5:17 PM [ in reply to How did quite often shrink to occasionally?*** ]

They make a pill for that. Is that why you're so angry?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Hey, no need for the attack guy***

Aug 29, 2017, 5:22 PM

Why in God's name would you think that was an attack?***

Aug 29, 2017, 5:27 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

I don't, but it would qualify as an attack due to it's tone

Aug 29, 2017, 6:50 PM

and overall preachyness...take it up with Bob and 07, apparently they make those calls

No dog in this hunt, but is this a case where nearly

Aug 30, 2017, 12:47 PM

everyone else is wrong & you are right, Shack ?

Your whole input on this deal comes across as way too high strung.

And I didn't capitalize anything in its entirety - just to be safe. But if I was going to, I woulda all cap'd "way" two sentences earlier.

Have a nice day.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

"Nearly" everyone else? You might want to recount Hoss, I

Aug 30, 2017, 1:08 PM

see SEVERAL people agreeing WITH me...hth

Re: "Nearly" everyone else? You might want to recount Hoss, I***

Aug 30, 2017, 1:11 PM

I was simply responding, settle down***

Aug 30, 2017, 1:12 PM

I'm sorry, that sounds awfully judgmental***

Aug 29, 2017, 4:29 PM [ in reply to It's probably more the tone. A significant % of time ]

So do you want honesty or not? Maybe you don't care how

Aug 29, 2017, 4:38 PM

your posts are perceived?

That didn't sound judgmental/preachy to you?***

Aug 29, 2017, 4:43 PM

Re: Why in God's name would you bring a 4 month old into a

Aug 29, 2017, 3:44 PM [ in reply to Why in God's name would you bring a 4 month old into a ]

Lack of available overnight or full day child care was a major reason combined with a strong desire to go to games.

Also it isn't the nightmare that many have described if you have the right equipment such as a baby carrier. Admittedly my wife wore it most of the time but I wore it multiple times and about the only thing that isn't comfortable is sitting down while wearing it. I don't like to sit at football games so that part did not bother me.

Maybe we were lucky last year but it was a good experience for us.

so selfishness?***

Aug 29, 2017, 3:46 PM

what a coward, you agree with me, and yet you TD me all the

Aug 29, 2017, 3:47 PM [ in reply to Why in God's name would you bring a 4 month old into a ]

same

Re: what a coward, you agree with me, and yet you TD me all the

Aug 29, 2017, 3:52 PM

Who TDed you?

And why are you so #### obsessed with worthless internet points?

Seriously...

you have spent hours tracking people's votes, don't go there***

Aug 29, 2017, 3:54 PM

Re: you have spent hours tracking people's votes, don't go there***

Aug 29, 2017, 3:55 PM

lol ### are you even talking about.

How does one "track votes"

have you not outed people for upvoting themselves? Were

Aug 29, 2017, 3:57 PM

you not keeping track?

Not sure if this reply is to me but I didn't give a TD

Aug 29, 2017, 3:54 PM [ in reply to what a coward, you agree with me, and yet you TD me all the ]

Yes it was some selfishness but we also have pictures and memories to show our daughter when she is old enough to remember. We also stayed away from miserably hot games and didn't bring her to the scar game because of the cold. I agree that you have to be smart about it, but I also think it is still worth it when the weather cooperates.

It was not directed towards you, you can't give a TD***

Aug 29, 2017, 3:55 PM

^^^^LOL @ all the people TD'ing this

Aug 30, 2017, 10:16 AM [ in reply to Why in God's name would you bring a 4 month old into a ]

He's absolutely right

the truth hurts feelings***

Aug 30, 2017, 12:29 PM

some people frown upon leaving them in the car***

Aug 30, 2017, 10:52 AM [ in reply to Why in God's name would you bring a 4 month old into a ]

Oh my lord

Aug 29, 2017, 3:35 PM

Bring the kid to the game, if your seat neighbors object to baby noise, they aren't making enough fan noise. It isn't church, noise is allowed. Bring food and hydration, a hat, ear protection and sun protection and stay as long as he is satisfied to stay. You are 5 minutes from home, if you need to go home, it isn't a big deal. Take lots of pictures so that when he graduates from Clemson in 22 years or so he can say "Look, I have been a tiger all my life, thanks Mom."

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

YES - take lots of pictures - they will be treasured 20

Aug 30, 2017, 12:54 PM

years from now.

And send a few to Shack - just for fun.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Aug 29, 2017, 3:37 PM

We just didn't go when our kids were that young. It broke my heart cause I am a HUGE Tiger fan, but it was just too much for tiny ones. When my first was older (3 or 4) we bought four seats instead of three to give him room to play if he got bored and that worked really well. When our daughter was two, we started taking her and I saw little if any football for several years! up and down, frequent trips to the bathroom and concessions, etc.

What I have seen in years of tailgating is happy grandmothers/family friends staying out with the baby while the mom and dad got to go in for at least part of the game. I just don't see a baby lasting long - it is hot, crowded, and extremely loud. And I can't end without a word of caution about the heat. It is going to be warmer in a baby carrier, and a little one could be in it for a long time. There have been tragedies, so please watch him very closely! I am not trying to insult your intelligence - it is just scary.

Good luck if you decide to take him in!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You're priorities weren't in the right place

Aug 29, 2017, 3:45 PM

if you didn't take your newborn to clemson football games

If it were me, I'd just let him tailgate with you, crawl

Aug 29, 2017, 3:40 PM

around, stroll around, etc. That's what we did last year.

I thought taking him/her into the game was just out of the question. My wife is great, but that's a lot on her. I couldn't figure out how that would actually bring joy to anyone.

Tailgating and such was a lot of fun. My advice would just be sunscreen and earmuffs.

Bring them. Get them used to coming and loving Clemson

Aug 29, 2017, 3:42 PM

I have a 12 and 7 year old. My 12 year old came to games starting at 11 months, my 7 year old at about 4 months. Sit them in the stands as long as they can (bring an ipad or something). Then take them for a walk behind the West Endzone seats. Let them play back there or under the stands. It will wear them out and they will sit again. Noon game, they will likely take a nap during the game. They are actually more of a pain at 3 than 10 months.

When the stands start to empty, take them to the hill and let them play.

There are kids of all ages sitting around me. Never once have I been aggravated by them. Clemson is different in that kids are welcome. And yes, they will have memories as young as 2 or 3. I can remember my almost 2 year old asking me when "Tiger Season" starts. But if for no other reason, bring them so it gets to be routine for them. Then when you go to Tampa and win the National Championship with your 11 year old kid decked out in orange and happy tears rolling down his face because he knows more about Clemson football than half the students it makes a perfect day 100% better.

Now if you tell me you're bringing your 10 month old to Auburn, FSU, South Carolina, or a hot or rainy game, I'll tell you to keep them home.

Excellent outlook

Aug 29, 2017, 3:50 PM

My daughter was 8 months old when we went to Tampa last year and won't remember a thing but she will be in those pictures for the rest of her life and be able to tell people she was there for the 2016 national championship win!

Aug 29, 2017, 3:47 PM

Ignore most of these people. My wife and I took my son when he was exactly that age and he was an angel. We watched the whole game and never had a problem. Ear muffs, a little sun screen on a sunny day and it'll be just fine. Like you said, if he's in a squirmy mood or gets ill you can take him to the tailgate. You're not sitting front row in court, or a 5 hour funeral. My wife and I knew good and well it might not work out with my son but it actually worked out perfect. Give it a shot. Looking back and seeing some of the pictures it puts a huge smile on my face knowing he went to his first clemson football game before he was 1.

Aug 29, 2017, 3:48 PM

Remember the clear bag policy. Aside from that just have some small toys that dont roll away easy. There will be a lot of visual/audio stimulation that will take his attention and it looks like the weather wont be hot (though it may rain some) so at least the heat wont be an issue. Have a well stocked diaper bag... change of clothes and such.

be ready to hang out in the shaded areas

Aug 29, 2017, 3:52 PM

where you cannot see the game, that is what my wife did a lot of

Now there are more tvs so you probably can see some of the game

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

waaaaay too young. Get baby sitter..you

Aug 29, 2017, 3:54 PM

Will damage kids ears on top
Of that

you have to admire the ability of

Aug 29, 2017, 3:56 PM

CM Shack and Clemalum07® to take any thread and turn it into a purse swinging contest

people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones...Are you

Aug 29, 2017, 3:58 PM

jealous?

I'll take that as a yes***

Aug 29, 2017, 4:08 PM

Re: you have to admire the ability of

Aug 29, 2017, 4:01 PM [ in reply to you have to admire the ability of ]

Good lord dude getting all pissy over worthless internet points.

Hell I didnt even downvote him.

Pointing out that I got a TD for asking a question instead

Aug 29, 2017, 4:05 PM

of getting an answer is hardly getting pissy...You're the HERO who got their panties in a wad because I simply asked why you would bring a 4-10 month old into a football game

Aug 29, 2017, 3:58 PM

Ergo and pacifier is all you need at the actual game. Works like a champ. Just be ready to sweat your boobiez off.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Back when I was a teenager

Aug 29, 2017, 4:46 PM

There was this magazine called National Lampoon. They advertised a live in diaper for new borns, called a Spartie. It had openings for the arms and legs and fit snugly around the neck. It was designed so that you could leave it on them for a whole week before changing. If they still make them, I bet you could find one with back pack straps. Would be perfect for the game, put a big paw on the back. Good luck.

Aug 29, 2017, 5:10 PM

A few of the responses have provided some sound advice. Now from an old man who has weathered the same storm through children, grand children and great grandchildren. My suggestions are based on what I have experienced and observed.

First, do not take a 10 month old baby to the game. Neither you are the baby will have the best of times. Some have suggested the problem of noise and that's a good point. However, my main concern over the years is how parents have not protected the child's eyes from the sun. This can cause serious damage. Get a babysitter. You will be able to enjoy the game and your child is safe. From a health standpoint, your child could be subjected to all sorts of "bugs", even something as simple as a cold.

Unless you have a seat for your child, you will be required to hold the child and that gets tiresome. When fans stand after an exciting play and at other times, you will be limited in how you can celebrate. Traffic up and down your row is also a factor to consider. I have attempted to find some positive factor in taking your 10 month child to the game and, frankly, I can't think of a single one.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

get one of those tails that can fill with booze

Aug 29, 2017, 5:24 PM

strap that thing on kiddo

###? is this Buddy Book or Pinterest? I WAS trying to go to

Aug 29, 2017, 5:35 PM

t-net. Seriously, sailingtiger good luck! have a great time!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 30, 2017, 6:49 AM

I wouldn't buy a ticket, I tried to take mine to some baseball games needless to to say I.didnt see much baseball.

I for one,

Aug 30, 2017, 10:24 AM

prefer to sit next to a 10 month old that a 2 year old!!!!!!!!!

Aug 30, 2017, 11:14 AM

Things to pack for game day with a baby:

Pack and play
Grandparents or babysitter

Leave kid and sitter at the tailgate. Enjoy the game.

Replies: 101
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic