Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Overconfidence
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 34
| visibility 1

Overconfidence

Oct 28, 2015, 7:28 AM

Its one thing to be quietly confident but that's certainly not the case with a lot of us here. It's a matter of personality, I understand but past performance doesn't guarantee future success. We can(and probably will) win the rest of our games but we can also lose. I take the humble approach, it makes victory much sweeter without having to eat all of that old bitter crow.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree. That's what has me worred for this game.**

Oct 28, 2015, 7:32 AM

nm

Re: Overconfidence

Oct 28, 2015, 7:32 AM

One game at a time

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 28, 2015, 7:33 AM

you do know there are a lot of idiots on this board i hope. the same guys that are saying those things will be the first to jump off the bandwagon. just the way it is i guess. i try to just let the coaches handle getting the team ready. so far, so good. i am always confident we will find a way to win every game we play. but win or lose, you get ready for the next one.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Telling over 100,000 TigerNet members you are humble.

Oct 28, 2015, 7:33 AM

How humble of you.

;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: Telling over 100,000 TigerNet members you are humble.

Oct 28, 2015, 7:55 AM

One can be confident while remaining humble. Calling me out for "calling myself humble" to thousands on a message board isn't shocking coming from you, I am familiar with you and your online persona. It's what I believe but obviously you disagree which is ok.

I neither agree nor disagree. I just found it interesting.

Oct 28, 2015, 8:50 AM

Notice, I didn't say hypocritical. I also added a ";)", which means I'm kidding around/no harm meant.

I'm sure you already know this about my persona, but I rarely call anyone out, TD, insult, or flame on the board. I try to have fun, and keep things light. If someone is, by my estimation, out of line, then I may respond in a more serious tone, but that's rare.

I'm trying real hard Ringo.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: I neither agree nor disagree. I just found it interesting.

Oct 28, 2015, 8:58 AM

Francis Marion, after further revue..my response was way off base. You have always been fair and kind enough to overlook my stupidity. Sorry for error, hope you have a good day and Go Tigers!

it's these hallmark moments that always bring me back...***

Oct 28, 2015, 9:03 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I neither agree nor disagree. I just found it interesting.

Oct 28, 2015, 9:08 AM [ in reply to Re: I neither agree nor disagree. I just found it interesting. ]

Can we get a group hug now? ;)

How nice of you to speak for

Oct 28, 2015, 9:12 AM

@cutigerbob on this juan.

"Because at the end of the game, everyone knew that they weren’t that much better than us or better than us at all."

Sorry I'm late for the

Oct 28, 2015, 10:08 AM [ in reply to Re: I neither agree nor disagree. I just found it interesting. ]

group hug..

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

no worries, bob, and

Oct 28, 2015, 10:11 AM

that pocketbook goes well with the rest of your outfit, btw.

"Because at the end of the game, everyone knew that they weren’t that much better than us or better than us at all."

As far as I know, no players or coaches are on this board...

Oct 28, 2015, 7:39 AM

I trust Dabo to have the boys ready to play each game and keep them humble.

Sometimes the board members here can get on my nerves, but this is rarified days we are living in this year. Let them enjoy it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: As far as I know, no players or coaches are on this board...

Oct 28, 2015, 7:42 AM

pretty naive of you to think no players or coaches read this board. everyone should know that someone on staff is in charge of monitoring all internet sites. and why would you possibly think our players dont read what is written here.

This is such a tired argument. Do they read it? Sure. Should

Oct 28, 2015, 7:50 AM

their confidence level be affected by the opinion of random fans? No. Criticism and praise are part of life and growing up. That's the real world. Life is not always unicorns and rainbows.

Re: As far as I know, no players or coaches are on this board...

Oct 28, 2015, 7:49 AM [ in reply to As far as I know, no players or coaches are on this board... ]

This isn't about the team, it's about those fans, if we happen to lose, that will be calling for Dabo's head, saying the Co-OC's need to go, fire Batson, fire Permian....etc, etc, etc. It's also about other fans reading these overconfident posts and finding such joy if our team's loses Just my opinion, which I am sure you and others disagree but that's what makes this board interesting.

Oct 28, 2015, 7:48 AM

Dabo has the boys dialed in playing with a chip on their shoulder... The team needed to work some kinks out during the first half of the season. Expecting the Tigers to play on another level down the stretch, We Too Deep is coming to fruition. With that said one game at a time...

Oct 28, 2015, 7:50 AM

Fans may have all of the over-confidence and hubris they like , but the team and the staff never should .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Oct 28, 2015, 7:55 AM

Oh, no question. That's what makes Alabama such a consistent performer: the dignified grace of their humble supporters.

Oct 28, 2015, 7:56 AM

I agree sorda, But I think it's good for the team and other fans to know we believe.
Over confidence, I believe would be preducing us a win in the N.C. but being confident in our team over lesser opponents is just"ENERGY".
TEAM FEEDS OFF OF US, AND THEY FEED OF THE EXPECTATIONS THAT SURROUNDS THEM. Sorry for caps.
They already have the same mentality, and that is what pushes them. It helps them GRIND.
if you believe you are a winner, you'll play and prepare like a winner

Oct 28, 2015, 7:56 AM

I agree sorda, But I think it's good for the team and other fans to know we believe.
Over confidence, I believe would be preducing us a win in the N.C. but being confident in our team over lesser opponents is just"ENERGY".
TEAM FEEDS OFF OF US, AND THEY FEED OF THE EXPECTATIONS THAT SURROUNDS THEM. Sorry for caps.
They already have the same mentality, and that is what pushes them. It helps them GRIND.
if you believe you are a winner, you'll play and prepare like a winner

Oct 28, 2015, 8:01 AM

Oh yeah GO TIGERS!
we are going to beat the pups, with a rolled up news paper.
Had a dog that always peed on the floor when anybody bigger approached him. I reckon that is what it's going to be like about 2 mind into the first qt.
They will shake like a shiz su trying to poop a peaches seed. No pun

Jeez... have you not being following this team

Oct 28, 2015, 8:16 AM

Dabo has the tigers dialed in, period.

"Oh Lord, it's hard to be humble....

Oct 28, 2015, 8:29 AM

when you're perfect in ev-er-y waaaaaay."

What the phulc does my performance have to do with Clemson Football? You been talking to my ex-wife again? My second clue was you bringing the old bitter crow, herself, into this. Now what you eat is between you and the old crow,herself, and I don't have to hear about it.

J/K bro, I've done humility for 30 years at the hands of the sumbiches who fired Danny Ford. That chit's over now!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If WE (Tigernetters) were playing the games, id be concerned...

Oct 28, 2015, 8:33 AM

But we arent

Re: Overconfidence...I agree--Bear Bryant talked about it...

Oct 28, 2015, 8:48 AM

every team is going to have at least one game a year where they just don't play well--and you hope you're playing someone that day that you don't need to play well to beat them.
Go Tigers!!

Oct 28, 2015, 8:53 AM

Just bought my NC tix. Hope I got the correct side of the stadium.

don't take anything for GRANITE.

Oct 28, 2015, 8:59 AM

or granted.
go tigers!!!!

That reminds me.

Oct 28, 2015, 10:13 AM

I bought some cabbage and carrots yesterday. I need to go grade some slaw.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Overconfidence > No Confidence***

Oct 28, 2015, 9:09 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

I think this team understands...

Oct 28, 2015, 9:18 AM

and is keenly aware that a lack of focus, preparation and looking ahead can result in a unexpected loss that would effectively derail what has the potential to be a very special season. I also think Dabo and his staff have done a fantastic job of keeping this team grounded and fixated on the next opponent. The team knows they're good but they also know that there is still a lot of work to be done and they can be better.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Oct 28, 2015, 10:11 AM

you sound skeered.

are you skeered?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Oct 28, 2015, 10:42 AM

I don't think a fan's confidence level has anything to do with our success or failure. The only confidence that matters is the confidence displayed by our players and coaches. I am confident that we are going to win Saturday, but I can't help but worry about us not showing up or just having a bad game. We have no control over what happens, so we should enjoy every minute of this. When we won the title in '81, I was 10 years old, and I remember every game with my Dad like was yesterday. I remember barely beating UNC 10-8, and I still have the newspaper clipping that said "Clemson's 10-8ious defense leads the Tigers to victory." I remember making my Dad mad at the Wake Forest game because I told him I was bored and wanted to leave when we were winning by 50, and he wouldn't leave until the game was over. I remember beating the coots 29-13, and it was my 3th trip to Cootlumbia, and my Dad's 27th straight coot vs tiger's game...he is now at 61 in a row. My point is that we may not have a season like this again for years, even though it looks like we will be very good for the foreseeable future. Things can change quickly, so I say we enjoy every second of this dream season, regardless of your confidence level. Go Tigers!

Mickey Plyler - "It is their superbowl. They may keep it

Oct 28, 2015, 10:53 AM

close for 3 quarters..." I agree with Mickey, however, I would like TIGERS to keep on rolling from the start...GO TIGERS!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 34
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic